Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem with upgrading Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom is they'll become full day parks as well lol.

Haha isn't that what we want though? More bang for your buck. You're already paying full price, might as well have a reason to stay the entire day.

November 2016....20th trip, (4th with kids)

giphy.gif

I have a new born on her way this coming december, and a severe allergy to flying with infants, so I won't be going for another 4 years probably.

I've been thinking about when would actually be the best time to fully maximize a trip to WDW next. I was there in December... and the only thing new this year would be the Indiana Jones Hangar Bar in Disney Springs (downtown disney).

Next year there's Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World at Epcot. Soarin' will also show up at Disneyland so it's only Frozen that's truly unique. Both resorts will get Season of the Force and Star Wars Launch Bay as well as the new Star Tours destination. And then it's Pandora - The World of Avatar in 2017, with Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land years following that.

I think probably wait for Avatar would the best option for me. Star Wars is coming to Disneyland so no real point in waiting for Florida to build theirs.

Yeah, no way I would visit DW in summer, April was bad enough this year.

I don't plan on returning to DW for at least 5 years, once all of these new changes are completed. Considering I live in Australia, it's a long way to go and an expensive one too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After having gone during December and it being hot but cool... I think I'll only go during that time from here on out.

Living and working in NYC for many years I can't relate to people's complaints about navigating the crowds/heat in the summer. It's like that every day walking around in Manhattan but smells much worse (and you do not want to hug the "characters").

Lol. Visited Manhattan not long ago and don't know how people can love living there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool about the Contemporary.. but in August that will be the only thing cool there lol Do not envy you in that heat.

Eh. Better a little heat than the crowds of June/July. Besides, this trip will be unique for us in that we aren't determined to go on as much as possible. Usually our mission is to maximize our time there: Hit the rides, catch the shows, character dinners, etc... This time, we are going to relax and explore. If it's hot or crowded, so be it. We'll be looking at the landscaping, looking for paths/gardens, taking boats instead of monorails, eating at sit down places and enjoying instead of inhaling garbage food to get back to it (which we like doing btw). Basically slowing it down and doing it a couple notches above, hence the Contemporary as opposed to All Stars. And we're really excited to experience it from this perspective. No self-imposed pressure to do everything.

Living and working in NYC for many years I can't relate to people's complaints about navigating the crowds/heat in the summer. It's like that every day walking around in Manhattan but smells much worse (and you do not want to hug the "characters").

It's different... you're not spending the entire 12 hr day for five-seven days straight out doors when you're in Manhattan. There's a lot of walking but it's a concrete jungle... there's plenty of shade from the skyscrapers and there's the subway. It's hot and humid, sure, but a different kind.

It's different... you're not spending the entire 12 hr day for five-seven days straight out doors when you're in Manhattan. There's a lot of walking but it's a concrete jungle... there's plenty of shade from the skyscrapers and there's the subway. It's hot and humid, sure, but a different kind.

Of course it's different - but after 13 trips to WDW I can say I've never been bothered by the crowds and only rarely by the heat (and we typically go in August). I stand by my theory. :lol

EDIT: Wait, wait that's dishonest - I complained about the 40th Anniversary crowd for the evening fireworks in MK. That was a horror show the likes of which I hope to never see again.

Of course it's different - but after 13 trips to WDW I can say I've never been bothered by the crowds and only rarely by the heat (and we typically go in August). I stand by my theory. :lol

EDIT: Wait, wait that's dishonest - I complained about the 40th Anniversary crowd for the evening fireworks in MK. That was a horror show the likes of which I hope to never see again.

Perhaps you don't complain because you're used to it after 13 trips?

Back