Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, time for some pics, this time from the Universal Studios Hollywood side.

Fast & Furious - Supercharged officially opened
USH06232015_0004.jpg

Cars were on display...
USH06232015_0007.jpg

USH06232015_0008.jpg

USH06232015_0015.jpg

USH06232015_0020.jpg

USH06232015_0031.jpg

USH06232015_0033.jpg

USH06232015_0035.jpg

USH06232015_0039.jpg

USH06232015_0056.jpg

Pit Crew dancers showed up
USH06232015_0065.jpg

USH06232015_0067.jpg

USH06232015_0070.jpg

USH06232015_0073.jpg

USH06232015_0109.jpg

USH06232015_0116.jpg

top studio brass as well as the mayor of los angeles
USH06232015_0147.jpg

USH06232015_0162.jpg

USH06232015_0172.jpg

Vin Diesel took to the stage
USH06232015_0194.jpg

USH06232015_0204.jpg

USH06232015_0210.jpg

USH06232015_0230.jpg

One final stunt
USH06232015_0264.jpg

USH06232015_0279.jpg

USH06232015_0284.jpg

USH06232015_0285.jpg

The ride is officially open.

So the ride, it may seem misleading because it's just the new finale to the Studio Tram Tour.

USH06232015_0299.jpg

USH06232015_0294.jpg

Oh look, Jaws!
USH06232015_0300.jpg

On board monitors set up the story line that the tram is in danger and needs to be hidden in a safe place.
USH06232015_0310.jpg

This truck repair shop is a good place to hide. it's also where racers party.
USH06232015_0315.jpg

USH06232015_0319.jpg

Given us the low down.
USH06232015_0329.jpg

It's a party! i like this male to female ratio
USH06232015_0335.jpg

USH06232015_0344.jpg

USH06232015_0346.jpg

USH06232015_0352.jpg

USH06232015_0359.jpg

USH06232015_0361.jpg

USH06232015_0364.jpg

USH06232015_0368.jpg

The hologram set up for the ride was pretty cool... but it's essentially another 360 degree 3D movie experience, much like King Kong. It is bigger though so that's something. I thought it was decent fun and a good way to end the tram ride. I would prefer it's own stand alone ride, and maybe Florida will get something like that eventually.

I personally dig the Mid-Century theming of the Cabana Bay and for the price and value, it's better than many Walt Disney World hotels that cost a whole lot more.

But yes, it is the furthest one (it's about 15-20 minute walk to the parks) and doesn't offer you the front of the line pass.

I did stay at the Royal Pacific as well but it didn't stand out to me... it's just a hotel. It was fine for what it was but the Express Pass you get IS really something. Reason I say that is because you get to skip all the lines for the other rides and shows and that left us more time to explore all the Harry Potter stuff, which was a lot of fun.

But you DON'T need three days at Universal if you're on a limited schedule. Two complete days at Universal is definitely enough as a first time trip.

Also when you stay on Universal property, you can access Diagon Alley an hour early... DEFINITELY make use of that time and do it. Also something to note, about every ride at Universal requires you to stow everything in a locker so when you visit, try not to bring too much with you and save your shopping for the very end.

Yeah - Mocko, I definitely don't mean Cabana is a bad hotel. It's just a big step down from Royal Pacific for me (RP being the lowest of the other 3 hotels). And for me, the Express Pass is a HUGE part of staying on USF property. Walking proximity is a distant second, but still important. But if the Ex Pass isn't important to you (which is sort of mind boggling, but okay), the walk isn't terrible. Not close, but it's a hell of a lot closer than driving off property.

I haven't stayed at Portofino, the priciest one. But I have stayed at Hard Rock, and it's just not worth the price increase. While I don't think Royal Pacific is the greatest hotel, it's good for what it is - a nice enough hotel that gets you sleeping super close to the parks and waking up with an Express Pass.

I don't know what the parking deal is there. At the other three, you pay to park - so staying on site vs. paying to park every day isn't really an incentive.

Since you haven't been there before (I think that's what you said?") I really think you are underestimating the Express Pass inclusion. It is unreal. Especially if you go during warm weather (well, extra warm weather - it is Florida after all). Going on Popeye, and going on five more times is a blast. Same with Dudley and Jurassic Park.

And Cohete speaks truth - you don't need three days at Universal, unless you're on some sort of leisurely 3 day USF 8 day WDW schedule. And if you stay on a property with Express Pass, you really don't need three days. Unless you want to spend a full day just going on Rip it Rockit and The Mummy. Which is understandable.

Cohete - I think you should post less often.

That was the best I could do, pause-wise. Obviously, that's not meant as an insult. You just spoil the thread with pictures, and I don't think they get appreciated enough just because you're consistently posting quality and quality.

Cohete - I think you should post less often.

That was the best I could do, pause-wise. Obviously, that's not meant as an insult. You just spoil the thread with pictures, and I don't think they get appreciated enough just because you're consistently posting quality and quality.

Haha no worries, and thank you! I'm just here to just show you guys what's out there best I can. When I started on the internet, I was faced with a lot of "Disneyland can't possibly be good" by a lot of people who have never seen it for themselves. If I can do my part in sharing the knowledge, that's enough reason for me.

And Universal Hollywood definitely isn't quite worth it if you've done Universal Orlando... or it's not even worth comparing they're so different and yet so similar. But for the many who don't have access to Universal Orlando, it's a nice half-day trip.

Have you read about the $3 billion dollar renovation that Hollywood Studios is getting (Soon to be Hollywood Adventure) ? Only a few attractions are safe, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Rock n Rollercoaster, Great Movie ride. Everything else is up on the chopping block possibly. Indiana Jones Stunt spectacular is going and being replaced by an Indiana Jones Ride similar to DisneyLand's but updated. There will be 5 Star Wars attractions (Includes Star Tours and Jedi Academy), a new Toy Story/Pixar land back where the backstage tour was, which is already underway. They are getting away from the theme of how movies are made, and more on the movies themselves.

Have you read about the $3 billion dollar renovation that Hollywood Studios is getting (Soon to be Hollywood Adventure) ? Only a few attractions are safe, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Rock n Rollercoaster, Great Movie ride. Everything else is up on the chopping block possibly. Indiana Jones Stunt spectacular is going and being replaced by an Indiana Jones Ride similar to DisneyLand's but updated. There will be 5 Star Wars attractions (Includes Star Tours and Jedi Academy), a new Toy Story/Pixar land back where the backstage tour was, which is already underway. They are getting away from the theme of how movies are made, and more on the movies themselves.

I've only heard rumors but they definitely need a major upgrade. The days of that park being a "half day park" are numbered.

That's depressing. I would imagine though there would be a lot more graffiti. My sister just came back from WDW and how much it has changed within the last 3 years alone. The new advanced fast pass option is not something I would say I am a fan of. I liked it before where you can only get them and use them day of, and not 3 months in advanced. I like to do WDW spontaneously, and not have to plan out my ride schedule so far in advance.

That's depressing. I would imagine though there would be a lot more graffiti. My sister just came back from WDW and how much it has changed within the last 3 years alone. The new advanced fast pass option is not something I would say I am a fan of. I liked it before where you can only get them and use them day of, and not 3 months in advanced. I like to do WDW spontaneously, and not have to plan out my ride schedule so far in advance.

That's something I always had a problem with... is just how far in advance things get booked. You pretty much go there and discover new things that you wanna do, but too bad, it's already booked and there is absolutely NO way to let you in. Disappointment around every corner. And when one option isn't available, the next best thing is on the other side of property.

And with the fast passes, booking three at a time... you get two you want, one you don't. And you can't get another three until you use those up! So if you book three fast passes in advance and they're all for night time, you're pretty much stuck with three fast passes all day.

..hich is why I prefer the coziness and spontaneous nature of Disneyland. It has fewer dining options as a whole, but a whole lot more options because nothing is ever completely booked in that same way. Speaking of which, friday is Disneyland's official 60th anniversary. I'll be there... any special photo requests? No guarantees but I'll do my best.

I had no issues with the fast pass options. I only booked 1 week in advance and got all of the busiest rides with the fast passes. One day we were even running late, so we just switched the times around for later in the afternoon and it worked out fine.

I guess the thing is to try not and go when it's summer and the busiest time of the year. I went after Easter in April and it was a great time to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Omg omg omg omg have you guys seen all the news around shanghai disneyland??

Tron coaster tron coaster tron coaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... so that was all caps. But i guess this site doesn't like loud shouting.

Wow it looks awesome. My g/f used to live in Shanghai, so we will definitely go once the crowds die off a bit....so around about 2020 lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's something I always had a problem with... is just how far in advance things get booked. You pretty much go there and discover new things that you wanna do, but too bad, it's already booked and there is absolutely NO way to let you in. Disappointment around every corner. And when one option isn't available, the next best thing is on the other side of property.

And with the fast passes, booking three at a time... you get two you want, one you don't. And you can't get another three until you use those up! So if you book three fast passes in advance and they're all for night time, you're pretty much stuck with three fast passes all day.

..hich is why I prefer the coziness and spontaneous nature of Disneyland. It has fewer dining options as a whole, but a whole lot more options because nothing is ever completely booked in that same way. Speaking of which, friday is Disneyland's official 60th anniversary. I'll be there... any special photo requests? No guarantees but I'll do my best.

You only get the three options if you are using the APP or on a smart phone. If you do it through the website you get to choose your three individually.

Haha... Captain EO has returned to WDW. I know there's someone here who doesn't like that news.

Back