Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I went was in July and as much as I hate the heat, I must have lucked out because there was only 1 day out of 5 where I thought it was brutal. The other 4 were certainly tolerable. Having said that, I am planning on going in December next time we go.

It's not just the heat... it's that combined with crowds with not enough things to do inside of a park, thus making lines for everything really long, and if you don't have reservations for a good restaurant your options are pretty limited... makes it less magical. I have a better time at Universal Orlando currently.

It's not just the heat... it's that combined with crowds with not enough things to do inside of a park, thus making lines for everything really long, and if you don't have reservations for a good restaurant your options are pretty limited... makes it less magical. I have a better time at Universal Orlando currently.

Unless you are going at peek times or with 6 people, we have never had a problem getting a reservation at place day of or just walking up and getting in within 20 minutes with 2 people.

just returned from a trip to WDW. terribly high humidity and heat index but very short ride wait times and walk-in reservations were not a problem at all (as in i spontaneously decided i wanted to eat at le cellier and 20 minutes later i was eating at le cellier). i usually stay at the swan or dolphin to take advantage of proximity to epcot and hollywood studios, but this time i stayed at the contemporary which was AWESOME :) i plan on going back in november for food and wine - should be a lot cooler by then :) it's a huge crapshoot afa crowds, weather, etc. goes but there are general patterns to the mayhem. 'touring plans' is pretty good for getting a feel for it plus they have the disney dish podcast with jim hill which is always entertaining and educational :)

Ha maybe. We have gone 4 times in the past 4 years. Once in February and 3 times in November and haven't had issues at all. Except Be Our Guest but that place is crazy no matter when you go.

I'm also trying to do places that I never gone before so it makes planning a little bit more specific. Be Our Guest was definitely a crap shoot, mostly because the cast members didn't really know what was going on. One was adamant that I couldn't make a reservation for lunch, even when I said you could. He finally relented and asked the CM next to him and she goes "yeah you can."

It was for a few days later and we still had to wait an hour but we were able to eat there. They've changed the protocols since then so I'm not sure if it made things easier or worse.

Really? I've never seen you mention that.

In that case I'll say it plenty more times. :wink1:

In Disneyland news, the long running Aladdin A Musical Spectacular is set to close in early January to make way for a Frozen musical stage show... ughhhhhhh.

Forgot where I read it but construction begins on the new Star Wars land early next year. Exciting times!

It's been posted all over the place this week! Which also means this is the final year for the Osborne's Family Dancing Lights thingie. So go see it while you can!

It's been posted all over the place this week! Which also means this is the final year for the Osborne's Family Dancing Lights thingie. So go see it while you can!

Our plans are 10/31-11/5 this year... but hearing about the lights we are trying to extend until the 7th...no rooms available right now but im sure there will be a couple cancellations. They have a dessert event there where there are tables setup in the middle to watch the light show.. working on that now. It starts on 11/6

The Indiana Jones bar at Downtown Disney Florida has officially opened today. Whoever's going next, get pics!!! There's a chilled monkey brain mug!

Back