1/6 VTS Starship Force Team Leader (Starship Troopers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get the grenades in the pouches but not the ammo packs. I'll have to try again. Also my figure did come with extra hand pegs and the extra pouch as Asta mentioned.
I missed the little bag with the wrist pegs and pouch. Using a set of tweezers helped with the ammo pouches. Had to take it slow. It is a tight fit.

The Michael Ironside head i ordered arrived. Looks pretty good to me. The helmet fits well, just a little padding on the back needed. I'll post some more pics once i get it painted up.

ST1.jpg

ST2.jpg

ST3.jpg

ST4.jpg

ST5.jpg

Here is the link to the Ebay seller i got it from:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304225685358?hash=item46d5438f6e:g:U6gAAOSwjhtf~UDS

Man, what a fun figure. The big is an absolute BEAST and looks incredible. The figure itself feels good in hand. The grenades are suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper annoying to put in. The portrait isn't as soft as pics make it seem. Overall a really fun figure.

Mine just arrived and it is all and more. Great figure set. The box was larger than the norm, with foam inserts throughout.

I started with the bug, which even with the instructions included, it was a hit and miss as to which of the larger legs went where. I think I got it correct, though.

I then moved to the figure, which does look amazing. The grenades were indeed a royal pain to get into their pouches. The hands will require heating up in order to get the pegs in them. It would have been cool if they had included the grenade launcher, as well. That alone would have pushed me into ordering another figure, just for that posing option.

Anyone on the fence should jump on this figure. Once sold out, it will surely rise in price in the secondary market.

A work-in-progress pic. I just noticed that the rifle sling has separated from the rifle. I'll need to fix that.

ST sm.jpg

Last edited:
Mine just arrived and it is all and more. Great figure set. The box was larger than the norm, with foam inserts throughout.

I started with the bug, which even with the instructions included, it was a hit and miss as to which of the larger legs went where. I think I got it correct, though.

I then moved to the figure, which does look amazing. The grenades were indeed a royal pain to get into their pouches. The hands will require heating up in order to get the pegs in them. It would have been cool if they had included the grenade launcher, as well. That alone would have pushed me into ordering another figure, just for that posing option.

Anyone on the fence should jump on this figure. Once sold out, it will surely rise in price in the secondary market.

A work-in-progress pic. I just noticed that the rifle sling has separated from the rifle. I'll need to fix that.

View attachment 552986
Congrats Fly, looks a great figure set. SST was the first 15 certificate film that I saw at the cinema, so it holds a special place with me. Funny thing is when it came out on video, they upgraded it to a 18 certificate.

Glad you decided to get one. VTS figures are normally fun to receive, and this one has the added bonus of being from a movie that hasn't seen much love in a long while, especially not in 1/6.

Congrats Fly, looks a great figure set. SST was the first 15 certificate film that I saw at the cinema, so it holds a special place with me. Funny thing is when it came out on video, they upgraded it to a 18 certificate.
Thanks, shells! I can't recall what the rating was here in the US but I'm fairly sure it was "R" for restricted, which means 18+.

Glad you decided to get one. VTS figures are normally fun to receive, and this one has the added bonus of being from a movie that hasn't seen much love in a long while, especially not in 1/6.
I was working with the figure last night and noticed little details that while most likely wouldn't be noticed, it is nice that they included them. For instance, the tiny zippers (non-working) at the end of the sleeves. I really like the detailing found at the rifle stock, too. The articulated ankles are fantastic in assisting poses. The "bug", while not to scale, is actually bigger than what I was expecting and because of that, the set is going to require its own Detolf shelf to display.

EDIT: I've got to say that I'm really impressed with VTS.

It was released and available in Asia back in October/November 2021.

I understand it finally reached the West Coast customs/ports and distributors/vendors starting receiving and shipping them out this week unless there are those who went a different route and got them last year (i.e., air freight).

I ordered six (6). They shipped out today.

I can't wait to see how you'll be upgrading/setting them up.

I know I'll regret not getting a second one.
--

First and foremost, I'll open one to set up and display (i.e., futz with it).

For clarity, all six are the deluxe version.

The others are "spares" for a squad.

I hope VTS will make more "Starship Force" characters (females and males) or a third-party run with it by offering head sculpts of different characters with outfits and accessories where we supply our preferred 1:6 body.

I wouldn't mind an appropriate sized and articulated basic arachnid reasonably priced so a proper "OPFOR" can be assembled.

Last edited:
Anyone order this through Monkey Depot and receive it?
--

I last checked their site last weekend or Monday/Tuesday of this week and they still had it listed on their site as a pre-order.

I checked now and it cannot be found on their site.

I'm guessing they received their shipment from their distributor and processing pre-orders to determine how many they'll have left over to list on the site for sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sold out of what they received provided they received a full shipment or a partial shipment due to West Coast customs/port backlog/delays.

You may want to give them a call and ask if you pre-ordered it from them and haven't received a notice from them.

Monkey Depot is one of the oldest 1:6 vendors still around and they have a solid reputation last I checked.

--

I last checked their site last weekend or Monday/Tuesday of this week and they still had it listed on their site as a pre-order.

I checked now and it cannot be found on their site.

I'm guessing they received their shipment from their distributor and processing pre-orders to determine how many they'll have left over to list on the site for sale.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sold out of what they received provided they received a full shipment or a partial shipment due to West Coast customs/port backlog/delays.

You may want to give them a call and ask if you pre-ordered it from them and haven't received a notice from them.

Monkey Depot is one of the oldest 1:6 vendors still around and they have a solid reputation last I checked.
Ah, ok. I saw that it wasn't listed on the site and went into mild panic mode. What you've mentioned makes sense. I 've used them in the past, granted it's been about 10 years but assumed they are still on the level. Planning on reaching out next week. Thanks much for the input!

Ah, ok. I saw that it wasn't listed on the site and went into mild panic mode. What you've mentioned makes sense. I 've used them in the past, granted it's been about 10 years but assumed they are still on the level. Planning on reaching out next week. Thanks much for the input!
--

No problem.

Back