Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the wood glue one, but I don't believe the dishwasher one! And set on "heavy duty"?!? How did the records not melt or at least warp, or the labels not fall off?

The wood glue is awesome. That's probably how they made those Korean bootlegs of mine. :lol That really pulled a lot of noisemaking junk out of there.
I've got some Titebond in the shed, I might give that a shot for fun tonight.

Not sure about the dishwasher. I'd rather waste glue than water. Not to mention worrying about the water affecting the labels and the heat doing any possible warping.

Dishwasher wouldn't be bad as long as they don't go through the drying cycle. That's where most of the heat comes from. I still don't think it would be good for the labels though.

Eh, 10 cents of glue on a dollar record is worth trying. Then, I want to let the glue dry completely after I peel it off and try to play the negative imprint to see what it sounds like. I have more needles. :lol

Coming 7/31 from Silva Screen Records. :rock

CHNiL0nW4AEmDk5.jpg:large

Read closer, my ever faithful stalker. :) It goes into the negative space and would essentially play a negative version of the record. Didn't say it would result in anything good, but that I was willing to ruin a needle to see what the result was.

Hey, lookit that. I ain't suh dum aftur al! :lol

See, that's a perfect example. Someone disagrees and you respond with defensively self-conscious passive aggression (replete with bs smilies). I didn't even tell you that you were wrong. I was confused and asked a question, and you went off.

Lame.

It's you. You're combative, aggressive, angry, condescending and think you always know better. How am I supposed to take it? Gratefully?

You present yourself as an intellectual fellow, you should've been able to work out the idea of a negative imprint of a record. Don't put that on me.

I just bought a Micro Seiko, a Tandberg receiver and a set of Tandberg fasett (they look like something out of Star Wars). I like listening to vinyl, I like that I have to listen and I like the noise as well. I buy different stuff, just bought three OST - Prisoners, Iron Giant and Paranorman (last two from Mondo). I effing LOVE the artwork, and I think that this is lost now, with Spotify and such.

To me, listening to records is like meditating. I listen while I work and it's something else, to actually have the hissing, it feels more (maybe I sound stupid now) alive.

Anyway, if you like OST and artwork, check out Mondo.

I've listened to vinyl since I was a baby and I can do without the noise. Doesn't bother me on old stuff. Sounds like time. But new pressings are great. The depth and clarity are beautiful.

It's you. You're combative, aggressive, angry, condescending and think you always know better. How am I supposed to take it? Gratefully?

:dunno

I think you have issues.

cilantropants said:
You present yourself as an intellectual fellow, you should've been able to work out the idea of a negative imprint of a record. Don't put that on me.

People don't put the same level of effort into every forum interaction. It was a simple, albeit lazy question resulting from not thinking things all the way through. You imported every scrap of baggage that you've accumulated over the duration of your grudge against my reluctance to agree with you at some point in the past. Get over it.

Take it to PM if you want to continue your squabble, if not I suggest you drop it.

And as there does not appear to be have been any aggressive response to start this interaction, mods may or not see the interaction as suspension worthy.

So ... Why don't we just

FreeseDrop.gif

and ...

tumblr_mqxy6op7Xj1rth2h5o1_400.gif

I just bought U2's Achtung Baby off eBay. Instead of doing the $100 180-gram reissue, I decided to go for the original for $40 shipped. Sometimes I like to go with the original release.

I just bought U2's Achtung Baby off eBay. Instead of doing the $100 180-gram reissue, I decided to go for the original for $40 shipped. Sometimes I like to go with the original release.

Through our discussions I have come to terms with the fact that re-releases are normally the way to go when available.

However there are times when the original wins out (such as the one you mentioned).

I have some originals that I love but will play sparingly.

Through our discussions I have come to terms with the fact that re-releases are normally the way to go when available.

However there are times when the original wins out (such as the one you mentioned).

I have some originals that I love but will play sparingly.

Right now, I have more reissues in my collection than originals. If I can get a really nice original for a better price than the reissue, I will lean towards that.

Back