Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know what that is. Looks interesting though.

Are any of you guys Tull fans? They reissued This Was, but it says it was remixed in 2008. If anyone is familiar with what (if anything) changed, I'm all ears. I would love to own a new pressing, but I don't have a lot of faith in bands going back and screwing with what became legendary for a reason.

I do not know what that is. Looks interesting though.

Are any of you guys Tull fans? They reissued This Was, but it says it was remixed in 2008. If anyone is familiar with what (if anything) changed, I'm all ears. I would love to own a new pressing, but I don't have a lot of faith in bands going back and screwing with what became legendary for a reason.

This might help.

A deluxe two-CD fortieth anniversary edition was released in 2008. It contains the original mono version, a stereo version remixed from the original four-track session tapes, non-LP single tracks and the BBC sessions recorded by the band in 1968 for John Peel's "Top Gear".

Thanks. Seems the only major difference is the mono to stereo conversion.

I'm taking an awful risk, Waller. This better work...

tumblr_men98ir3Bd1rlapeio1_500.gif

Here's my list. I widdled it down. Bolded ones are the ones I REALLY want. Anyone want to pick these up for me? :lol

The Animals – We’re Gonna Howl Tonight LP
The Animals – No. 2 10”vinyl
Jeff Beck – Tallyman 7” colored vinyl
Jeff Beck – Hi Ho Silver Lining 7” colored vinyl
Jeff Beck – Love Is Blue 7” colored vinyl
Bee Gees – Extended 12” Vinyl
The Everly Brothers – 15 Everly Hits 12” vinyl
Foo Fighters – Songs from the Laundry Room 10” vinyl
Jimi Hendrix – Purple Haze 7”vinyl
Herman’s Hermits – Blaze 12” vinyl
The Kinks – Kinksize Hits 7” vinyl
The Kinks – Kinksize Session 7” vinyl
Robert Plant – More Roar 10” vinyl
Shocking Blue – Love Buzz 7” colored vinyl
The Walking Dead – Soundtrack vol. 2 12” picture disc

If I had know that my plans would get changed this morning, I would've went out. Trouble is, the closest record store that is doing this is 35 miles away and on their website they said they have long lines and they would only allow 10 people in their store at a time. So at this late of time, I'm not going to bother. Oh well. Guess I saved some money. :(

I had forgotten about RSD until it was too late. Doh. Not arsed about it because I still don't have a record player. :p

Got there way too late to expect to find a cassette. Too much other stuff to do that morning before we could hit the record store.
But they had the Zappa and Slayer. My wife also picked up the new vinyl version of Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream" to go along with the vinyl of Melancholy I got her for Christmas.

On the way...

soundtrack-ost-game-of-thrones-season-3-ltd-stark.jpg

I have the first release. It isn't labeled as season 1, which I had assumed it to be, until I found there was no season 2. Anyone know if there was anything between this and the one with Ned Stark on the cover?

Back