Very Cool Toys "The Witch" (Bayonetta)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the reason she looks so short in those photos is because for some reason, the guy decided it would be a great idea to photograph/film a black clad figure against a black backdrop. It hides a lot of features.
But yeah, she is still a bit short compared to the game model.

vlcsnap-2023-01-12-04h40m56s530.png

Look okay but I think she looks way too short. Bayonetta is supposed to be tall like 8 feet. Not expecting them to scale it to that size but it could be at least 5cm taller. Her proportion on that video looks wrong.
Thank you! It seems so obvious now that you pointed it out. Far too short. Just looks awkward overall. Like a Barbie version, where the proportions are off.

Mmmm...I was hoping after such a long delay they’d improve on the figure.

It looks decent...but could be waaaaay be

Look okay but I think she looks way too short. Bayonetta is supposed to be tall like 8 feet. Not expecting them to scale it to that size but it could be at least 5cm taller. Her proportion on that video looks wrong.

View attachment 617675

View attachment 617673

I have preordered but not sure if I should proceed with payment. Kinda disappointed as I’m a big fan of the game…I’ll wait for more impressions from other collectors.

The old 1/6 figure had better proportions due to them using ankle extenders.

View attachment 617674
Her proportions are definitely less exaggerated than in the game, & if you're wanting that kind of accuracy, I can understand that.......but honestly, I'm good with it. Her head is absurdly tiny in the game, & while it works in that stylized context, I think it would be super noticable compared to other 1/6 figures & she'd look pin-headed on a shelf. That's basically how it was with the Play Arts figure back in the day. She looked okay on her own (for the time), but if you put her next to Dante or anyone with more human proportions like Arkham Catwoman, she looked like an anime caricature.

Height is definitely something I'm curious about, & unfortunately, this video is not giving me enough info. At least one comparison to another figure should be S.O.P., but oh well. I'd really like to see her with Asmus DMC3 Dante so I know whether I should grab him.

Overall, it definitely still looks like the best version yet, & probably that we're likely to get any time soon.

I think the reason she looks so short in those photos is because for some reason, the guy decided it would be a great idea to photograph/film a black clad figure against a black backdrop. It hides a lot of features.
But yeah, she is still a bit short compared to the game model.

View attachment 617737
Right? Red & black backgrounds for a character with pale skin, wearing mostly black? Definitely not ideal. LOL

Her proportions are definitely less exaggerated than in the game, & if you're wanting that kind of accuracy, I can understand that.......but honestly, I'm good with it. Her head is absurdly tiny in the game, & while it works in that stylized context, I think it would be super noticable compared to other 1/6 figures & she'd look pin-headed on a shelf. That's basically how it was with the Play Arts figure back in the day. She looked okay on her own (for the time), but if you put her next to Dante or anyone with more human proportions like Arkham Catwoman, she looked like an anime caricature.

Height is definitely something I'm curious about, & unfortunately, this video is not giving me enough info. At least one comparison to another figure should be S.O.P., but oh well. I'd really like to see her with Asmus DMC3 Dante so I know whether I should grab him.

Overall, it definitely still looks like the best version yet, & probably that we're likely to get any time soon.
That's kind of the point behind the design. She's a super human immortal witch, she's not supposed to look like a normal human. If she looks like a regular 1/6 figure, then they didn't get the character right.

Her proportions are definitely the type that would be hard to translate into something physical like a 1/6 figure. Which would mean they should’ve developed a new jointed body instead of using an existing phicen seamless body. But being an unofficial figure from a 3rd party company...can’t expect too much outside of the bare minimum. Had she been on a more slender, taller body, as well as having a head that’s 5% smaller than it is currently, I’m confident she’d look amazing next to Asmus’s Dante.

I’d avoid using PA for scale measurement...because NONE of the figures can co-exist with one another. PA cloud would be considered oversized compared to PA Dante, even friggin Squall is undersized when compared to Cloud 😂

So far, I’m liking this portrait. It’s pretty much the best looking 1/6 bayo on the market. But man does it look huge.

Last edited:
I don't think it looks THAT bad, definitely not got the legs long enough though.

Holding out for someone to do one with better proportions and the Bayo 2 costume. I'm a sucker for a pixie cut.

Lots of super human immortal witches have normal sized heads, though. It's just an art style. Definitely not a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have her not look ridiculous next to the other figures I collect than have her head be half the size of everyone else's.

That's kind of the point behind the design. She's a super human immortal witch, she's not supposed to look like a normal human. If she looks like a regular 1/6 figure, then they didn't get the character right.
True. But when she stands next to Luka, she looks relatively “normal”...

It’s funny, her stats lists her as over 6’...and Luka is much taller than her. Which would bring him to be over 7’.

Lol the bayo universe is a strange one.

My ultimate display would be a Mexican stand off between Dante, Bayo, Cloud, Sephiroth, Vergil.

Maybe with this figure all posed up, her proportions wouldn’t be as obvious.

Her proportions are definitely the type that would be hard to translate into something physical like a 1/6 figure. Which would mean they should’ve developed a new jointed body instead of using an existing phicen seamless body. But being an unofficial figure from a 3rd party company...can’t expect too much outside of the bare minimum. Had she been on a more slender, taller body, as well as having a head that’s 5% smaller than it is currently, I’m confident she’d look amazing next to Asmus’s Dante.

I’d avoid using PA for scale measurement...because NONE of the figures can do-exist with one another. PA cloud would be considered oversized compared to PA Dante, even friggin Squall is undersized when compared to Cloud 😂

So far, I’m liking this portrait. It’s pretty much the best looking 1/6 bayo on the market. But man does it look huge.
Yeah, fair. Play Arts scales are absurd & all over the place. Still, that figure had such comically a tiny head. LOL

Lots of super human immortal witches have normal sized heads, though. It's just an art style. Definitely not a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have her not look ridiculous next to the other figures I collect than have her head be half the size of everyone else's.
But what if....

Her head is larger than EVERYTHING else in your collection....

😛

Just kidding.

For me that would suck haha.

True. But when she stands next to Luka, she looks relatively “normal”...

It’s funny, her stats lists her as over 6’...and Luka is much taller than her. Which would bring him to be over 7’.

Lol the bayo universe is a strange one.

My ultimate display would be a Mexican stand off between Dante, Bayo, Cloud, Sephiroth, Vergil.

Maybe with this figure all posed up, her proportions wouldn’t be as obvious.
Well, spoiler for Bayonetta 3:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I wish I had been stronger. I wasted so much money on PAK back in the day. Ugh.....
Bruh, you and I both!

I’ve always wanted to do a Dissidia set up. Where every character is facing off one another.

At first it was like “oh cool! Lightning looks pretty good! Can’t wait to have her face off against Cloud!”

A few months later “yo...with? She’s bigger than him!! This looks weird!”

Then, Dissidia Squall is revealed! “oh sweet! I can have him face off Cloud AND Nocits!”

A few months later “YO WTF IS THIS??! He’s smaller than them!!”

Like...**** off SE/PA!

Omg remember how comically huge vanilla was??

Yeah I’m done with PA.

Bruh, you and I both!

I’ve always wanted to do a Dissidia set up. Where every character is facing off one another.

At first it was like “oh cool! Lightning looks pretty good! Can’t wait to have her face off against Cloud!”

A few months later “yo...with? She’s bigger than him!! This looks weird!”

Then, Dissidia Squall is revealed! “oh sweet! I can have him face off Cloud AND Nocits!”

A few months later “YO WTF IS THIS??! He’s smaller than them!!”

Like...**** off SE/PA!

Omg remember how comically huge vanilla was??

Yeah I’m done with PA.
I was into the Metal Gear & Arkham stuff & it was the same thing there. Even within sub lines they couldn't stick to a size worth a damn.

Well, spoiler for Bayonetta 3:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Haha yeah I know...but I can’t imagine a scenario where Luka is like...2 feet taller than Sephiroth or Dante.

It’s all in my head canon mind you. Should we be lucky to get a proper bayo, Luka, Jeanne...I’d imagine bayo and Jeanne being a little shorter than Dante, with Luka being the same height as him.

That’s what I want in a theoretical 1/6 bayo line.

I’m positive if GAMETOYS ever made bayo figures, not only would they look amazing, they’d be taller than most 1/6 figures. Their Cloud is about the same height as Asmus’ Dante, which isn’t correct as Dante is taller than him on paper...but whatever, they look awesome in action poses next to one another where you can’t guage their height.

If you can’t tell by now, I’m a huge Dante fanboy.

Well I guess Bayonetta does look a bit shorter in the official artwork for her appearance on Super Smash Bros...maybe the figure ain't so bad. I'll wait for more photos and reviews of the figure before I decide whether to purchase or not.
Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 9.42.57 am.png

Back