Very Cool Toys "The Witch" (Bayonetta)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah I know...but I can’t imagine a scenario where Luka is like...2 feet taller than Sephiroth or Dante.

It’s all in my head canon mind you. Should we be lucky to get a proper bayo, Luka, Jeanne...I’d imagine bayo and Jeanne being a little shorter than Dante, with Luka being the same height as him.

That’s what I want in a theoretical 1/6 bayo line.

I’m positive if GAMETOYS ever made bayo figures, not only would they look amazing, they’d be taller than most 1/6 figures. Their Cloud is about the same height as Asmus’ Dante, which isn’t correct as Dante is taller than him on paper...but whatever, they look awesome in action poses next to one another where you can’t guage their height.

If you can’t tell by now, I’m a huge Dante fanboy.
Do you have the Asmus DMC3? How badly should I want that? Asmus as a company has not impressed me overall, but that figure looks sooo good.
Well I guess Bayonetta does look a bit shorter in the official artwork for her appearance on Super Smash Bros...maybe the figure ain't so bad. I'll wait for more photos and reviews of the figure before I decide whether to purchase or not.
View attachment 617812
I honestly prefer the more human shaped proportions myself. She looks so cool there.

Do you have the Asmus DMC3? How badly should I want that? Asmus as a company has not impressed me overall, but that figure looks sooo good.

I honestly prefer the more human shaped proportions myself. She looks so cool there.

Hmmm, that’s a tricky one.

I own the 1st version of DMC3 Dante and received the updated head sculpt along with the extra weapons pack not too long ago. The portraits are decent...but still don’t capture Dante’s face. They’re neither the in game polygonal face nor his CG model face. It’s almost like...a blend of the two and it’s kinda weird. However if you asked me if I preferred 1.0 or 2.0...I still prefer the 1.0 sculpt.

78C2DDAC-D41E-48B0-AD22-733B0878E1D8.png

This is taken from Elbears DMC3 2.0 review.

The next 2 pics are from my Gandalf Crown series review that feature 1.0.

E9B57C87-0B6B-43E6-89A5-9751249B1AEF.png
14B2CF13-3AFF-42E9-8E3A-AC72A0B0C456.png

They’re not bad. As a figure overall he’s pretty good, but IMO I think asmus’ DMC5 Dante is the best version at the moment because it looks like Dante from the game and his articulation is fantastic, whereas DMC3 Dante is on a seamless body and his articulation is limited.

I don’t think you can find DMC3 Dante for cheap...but if you can get him for MSRP, it’s still a decent buy.

Sorry if I’m that enthusiastic sounding for DMC3 Dante. If you’d asked me how I felt about DMC5 Dante, then the answer would be HELL YEAH BUY HIM.

Hmmm, that’s a tricky one.

I own the 1st version of DMC3 Dante and received the updated head sculpt along with the extra weapons pack not too long ago. The portraits are decent...but still don’t capture Dante’s face. They’re neither the in game polygonal face nor his CG model face. It’s almost like...a blend of the two and it’s kinda weird. However if you asked me if I preferred 1.0 or 2.0...I still prefer the 1.0 sculpt.

View attachment 617876

This is taken from Elbears DMC3 2.0 review.

The next 2 pics are from my Gandalf Crown series review that feature 1.0.

View attachment 617877View attachment 617878

They’re not bad. As a figure overall he’s pretty good, but IMO I think asmus’ DMC5 Dante is the best version at the moment because it looks like Dante from the game and his articulation is fantastic, whereas DMC3 Dante is on a seamless body and his articulation is limited.

I don’t think you can find DMC3 Dante for cheap...but if you can get him for MSRP, it’s still a decent buy.

Sorry if I’m that enthusiastic sounding for DMC3 Dante. If you’d asked me how I felt about DMC5 Dante, then the answer would be HELL YEAH BUY HIM.
Nah, totally looking for the hard truth here, so I appreciate it. I definitely have more of a soft spot for the 1&3 character designs, but I definitely won't overpay for him with all that in mind. I kind of lost track of the series after 3, but I may circle back eventually.

Nah, totally looking for the hard truth here, so I appreciate it. I definitely have more of a soft spot for the 1&3 character designs, but I definitely won't overpay for him with all that in mind. I kind of lost track of the series after 3, but I may circle back eventually.

*GASP*

You’re....you’re telling me you haven’t played 5????

4 was awesome, but it was, for all intents and purposes, an incomplete game. But the combat is DOPE AF.

And 5....oh my goodness I envy you! You get to experience it for the 1st time (that’s if you get around to playing it, which I HIGHLY recommend!).

If you don’t have the time investment, I’d suggest watching the story of 4 on YT, and then PLAY THE CRAP out of 5. Such a phenomenal game.

*GASP*

You’re....you’re telling me you haven’t played 5????

4 was awesome, but it was, for all intents and purposes, an incomplete game. But the combat is DOPE AF.

And 5....oh my goodness I envy you! You get to experience it for the 1st time (that’s if you get around to playing it, which I HIGHLY recommend!).

If you don’t have the time investment, I’d suggest watching the story of 4 on YT, and then PLAY THE CRAP out of 5. Such a phenomenal game.
Part of the problem is that my hands have gone to crap, so I have a harder time playing combo heavy stuff without my joints feeling like they're on fire now. Even the old God of War games or Bayonetta are barely feasible at this point, & even then in small doses. Getting old blows. LOL

Part of the problem is that my hands have gone to crap, so I have a harder time playing combo heavy stuff without my joints feeling like they're on fire now. Even the old God of War games or Bayonetta are barely feasible at this point, & even then in small doses. Getting old blows. LOL
Oh...**** I’m so sorry man.

Wow I feel like an idiot😫

Oh...**** I’m so sorry man.

Wow I feel like an idiot😫

Thanks, but it's all good. I still play faster paced stuff occasionally. I just have to play in small doses & settle for easy mode sometimes. It's really only the combo focused stuff that gets me, & I wasn't ever great at those to begin with.

Haha yeah I know...but I can’t imagine a scenario where Luka is like...2 feet taller than Sephiroth or Dante.

It’s all in my head canon mind you. Should we be lucky to get a proper bayo, Luka, Jeanne...I’d imagine bayo and Jeanne being a little shorter than Dante, with Luka being the same height as him.

That’s what I want in a theoretical 1/6 bayo line.

I’m positive if GAMETOYS ever made bayo figures, not only would they look amazing, they’d be taller than most 1/6 figures. Their Cloud is about the same height as Asmus’ Dante, which isn’t correct as Dante is taller than him on paper...but whatever, they look awesome in action poses next to one another where you can’t guage their height.

If you can’t tell by now, I’m a huge Dante fanboy.
Yes, I could tell that you like Dante, haha. Figures of different manufacturers and lines sometimes don't scale well with each other, sadly. Bayonetta actually only has an official "umbran witch height", so no real world measurements.

Gametoys Bayonetta would be amazing, I'd pay very good money for that figure.

The Bayonetta games on Switch have touchscreen controls and an auto-combo mode with minimal button presses, that might be an option.

The Bayonetta games on Switch have touchscreen controls and an auto-combo mode with minimal button presses, that might be an option.
I have the first one on Switch & didn't even know about that. I've been stuck on the last sequence for years, so I will absolutely be trying that, thanks.

Contemplating a set of 3D printed pendants to replace the inaccurate pentacles. Does anyone have a good recommendation for someone who is good at scaling things to 1/6 & doing commissions?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/827...rk3rA2cAGyZqoWQI8rkr01JkMoTjocTRoCi2YQAvD_BwE
Maybe shoot @pinder91 a message?
He goes by AP Engineering over at Shapeways. I got some really nice ice axes for my 1/6 Lara from him. I'm not entirely sure if he does commissions though.
And you'll have to paint it yourself. Worth it if you want accuracy though.

Attachments

• lara ice axe.jpg
    lara ice axe.jpg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 2
Back