Pop Collectables ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glocke12

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Is this company legit and reputable ?

https://popcollectibles.store/
Ordered the premium edition of Aragorn with rooted hair back in April from them, and while I know (or at least think) it hasn't been released yet I've not heard anything from them since that order. I've emailed them 3-4 times over the past few months and have not gotten any response.

My account shows the item as paid in full so if they aren't legit I am out a decent amount of money.

Is this company legit and reputable ?

https://popcollectibles.store/
Ordered the premium edition of Aragorn with rooted hair back in April from them, and while I know (or at least think) it hasn't been released yet I've not heard anything from them since that order. I've emailed them 3-4 times over the past few months and have not gotten any response.

My account shows the item as paid in full so if they aren't legit I am out a decent amount of money.
It 100% has not been released yet and more than likely won't start going out until Q2 of 2024 and you may not get it in hand until Q3 or even Q4 of 2024.

I have never personally ordered from Pop Collectables, but from what I've heard they are legit. Have heard some issues around customer service, but again have never purchased from. You will have to be patient waiting out this figure as InArt is new to 1/6th and has been slower on releases. They have already delayed The Batman, which is the next one out before Aragorn. On top of that, Gandalf was released end of August, and Pennywise in September and many people including myself, have not yet received theirs or are just now starting to.

This is no fault to Pop Collectables or any other reseller/retailer. You either have to be very patient, or just go ahead and cancel your order to get your money back minus your NRD. I can't speak to why they haven't been responding to you, but my only guess is because of what the topic of the email is related to and they are tired of getting asked about something they have no control over or any idea about.

ok thanks...I had thought it hadn't been released yet but wasn't 100% sure and the complete lack of comms from POP co. left me feeling pretty nervous.

Literally not one single reply to any of the almost half dozen emails I've sent since the end of august.

With regards to them being tired of the questions, I don't think I've been bothering them too much either. Thats roughly 1.5 emails a month just asking " whats up with this, heard anything ? " . I realize they are getting the same emails from others, but " customer service " is a legit thing and it pays to hire someone, or designate someone that has the patience to deal with customers that are concerned about their orders especially when hundreds of dollars are involved.

ok thanks...I had thought it hadn't been released yet but wasn't 100% sure and the complete lack of comms from POP co. left me feeling pretty nervous.

Literally not one single reply to any of the almost half dozen emails I've sent since the end of august.

With regards to them being tired of the questions, I don't think I've been bothering them too much either. Thats roughly 1.5 emails a month just asking " whats up with this, heard anything ? " . I realize they are getting the same emails from others, but " customer service " is a legit thing and it pays to hire someone, or designate someone that has the patience to deal with customers that are concerned about their orders especially when hundreds of dollars are involved.
You are not wrong and I get it. I know hearing from other companies that are active in this forum, they have been getting asked a lot about InArt figure releases to the point their inbox is swamped with these emails.

I did a little more digging on Pop Collectables and I thought I had heard some grumblings about them in the past. They don't have the cleanest reputation and apparently some shady practices like over selling in preorders they don't have allotments for and of course not responding to emails. I wouldn't really panic about it and cancel your preorder or anything, but if you are still in that dispute window with PayPal or your credit card company and it makes you nervous having that money tied up there then you could go that route.

That being said, there is no where else to safely preorder this currently. You would have to watch the reputable ones closely to see if they open up again, or wait until release and see if those places have any left in stock. Currently your best options in the future for Hong Kong businesses for InArt are places like OneSixthKit and Giantoy, and SpecFiction that's located in the US. Just be prepared if you go with Spec, he gets his items last and is typically a good 3 month longer wait then HK locations. Although he said he will try to work on that for future InArt releases.

Do what makes you feel most comfortable. You do currently have one locked down and should have a pretty good chance of getting it, but there is a little bit of a gamble with them possibly. If you choose to cancel, reach out to them again first to cancel. If you don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time, then dispute with your credit card company.

Saw this on Reddit:

Take it what you will guys and I'll say it again: DUE YOUR DUE DILIGENCE!!

Anyone have any recent experiences with them? The Reddit thread is concerning, but other than that I’ve mostly seen positives about them.
I’d hate to see another TW situation.
Someone ordered me a gift using them, and I didn’t have the opportunity to refer them to Kit, haha, so I’m hoping it’s not going to end up being a cause for concern for either of us.

Anyone have any recent experiences with them? The Reddit thread is concerning, but other than that I’ve mostly seen positives about them.
I’d hate to see another TW situation.
Someone ordered me a gift using them, and I didn’t have the opportunity to refer them to Kit, haha, so I’m hoping it’s not going to end up being a cause for concern for either of us.

I still have not gotten any replies to any of the emails I sent them.

I also made my purchase in April of 2023, so I doubt I can dispute it now (it was done via PayPal).

I still have not gotten any replies to any of the emails I sent them.

I also made my purchase in April of 2023, so I doubt I can dispute it now (it was done via PayPal).
Ugh, that really sucks to hear, man…
Maybe it’s worth trying anyway?

I'll post what happened to me.

I put a figure on payment plan. It came out to about $10 a month. After 2 months I wanted to cancel it because I changed my mind about the figure. I messaged on March 17 to cancel. On March 22 I got a email from partial.ly that I payed it for March, so they didn't cancel when I emailed them. I emailed them that day and they said they would cancel it.

One month later on April 22 I got a email again from partial.ly about that month's payment went through, so again they didn't cancel it. It took a few emails and a Facebook messenger messages and they finally canceled it on April 28. But they still needed to refund the $40 for the 4 months I paid for it. I knew about the NRD loss and I wasn't concerned about that, just the months I actually paid for.

That was all in 2022. I still don't have my money back. I trash talk them on the Facebook groups when people ask about them. Sometimes they message me and tell me to work it out with them, but at this point I'd rather trash talk them than get the $40 back.

TL;DR: **** them and anyone who shills for them.

who knows maybe they are cartels all in with the same scheme..maybe same owner as tw who knows.

Anyone have any decent experiences with them as of recent? Keep hearing that they’re going in the same direction as Toys Wonderland…getting a bit worried about my Inart preorders

Anyone have any decent experiences with them as of recent? Keep hearing that they’re going in the same direction as Toys Wonderland…getting a bit worried about my Inart preorders
I also had a bad experience with them. I paid for 2 items (1 first batch, 1 second batch). I finally got both my items 6 months after the worldwide release (after threats of chargebacks and the usual). In other words, they charged me first batch prices and delivered my items well after everyone already had their items globally. They claimed they didn't have their 2nd batch yet, but their own site had these items in stock and ready to ship (where prior it was on preorder). They even tried to pretend they had sent the items already, but said it was returned to them or lost. When I asked for proof of shipment the agent said that they lost the tracking number, lol. More lies.

The only reason I had one first batch and one second batch was because I misclicked during the addition of the items to my cart. I emailed them within 5 minutes of placing the order asking them to convert the 1st batch item to a 2nd batch to match my other item, and they assured me they'd fix it. After 4 months of not fixing it, they said they'd just discount my shipping cost to offset the price difference...they also didn't do that. Instead, they sent me an invoice, which I paid, but upon checking their site, it turns out that they also overcharged me on shipping.

At the end of the day, they didn't give me a discount on the shipping and sucked more money out of me. When I called them out, their agent said they'd give me a coupon code that would give me a heavy discount on an item of my choice. They also didn't send that coupon, using every excuse about Christmas delays, then Chinese New Year. Still haven't heard back from them...I doubt I will.

My advice would be to use sellers you already know have a good reputation. OSK is one of the best, if not, the best seller in HK at the moment. He's super snappy with his responses and shipments. Incredibly reliable with timing and communication with the community. At this point, I think Justin might be running some sort of scheme with a common crowd in HK. There's no way this guy just accidentally picks the two companies that have zero customer service ability, and is scamming people all over the globe.

Anyways, hope that helps.

I also had a bad experience with them. I paid for 2 items (1 first batch, 1 second batch). I finally got both my items 6 months after the worldwide release (after threats of chargebacks and the usual). In other words, they charged me first batch prices and delivered my items well after everyone already had their items globally. They claimed they didn't have their 2nd batch yet, but their own site had these items in stock and ready to ship (where prior it was on preorder). They even tried to pretend they had sent the items already, but said it was returned to them or lost. When I asked for proof of shipment the agent said that they lost the tracking number, lol. More lies.

The only reason I had one first batch and one second batch was because I misclicked during the addition of the items to my cart. I emailed them within 5 minutes of placing the order asking them to convert the 1st batch item to a 2nd batch to match my other item, and they assured me they'd fix it. After 4 months of not fixing it, they said they'd just discount my shipping cost to offset the price difference...they also didn't do that. Instead, they sent me an invoice, which I paid, but upon checking their site, it turns out that they also overcharged me on shipping.

At the end of the day, they didn't give me a discount on the shipping and sucked more money out of me. When I called them out, their agent said they'd give me a coupon code that would give me a heavy discount on an item of my choice. They also didn't send that coupon, using every excuse about Christmas delays, then Chinese New Year. Still haven't heard back from them...I doubt I will.

My advice would be to use sellers you already know have a good reputation. OSK is one of the best, if not, the best seller in HK at the moment. He's super snappy with his responses and shipments. Incredibly reliable with timing and communication with the community. At this point, I think Justin might be running some sort of scheme with a common crowd in HK. There's no way this guy just accidentally picks the two companies that have zero customer service ability, and is scamming people all over the globe.

Ahhh crap I’m sorry mate. Yeah I’m in the process of trying to get my order with them cancelled and I’ve heard **** all thus far. It’ll probably be the same result as yourself.
It’s sad really that Justin is endorsing another company that’s going down the drain, really does make you wonder doesn’t it. I’m wondering if I’ll have any luck getting my order refunded now or have to go through my bank

Ahhh crap I’m sorry mate. Yeah I’m in the process of trying to get my order with them cancelled and I’ve heard **** all thus far. It’ll probably be the same result as yourself.
It’s sad really that Justin is endorsing another company that’s going down the drain, really does make you wonder doesn’t it. I’m wondering if I’ll have any luck getting my order refunded now or have to go through my bank
With TW, I had to go through my CC, and it worked fine. According to the agent I spoke with, they were aware of multiple claims against TW, so I'm assuming the more Pop does this, the more the financial institutions will be aware of their behaviour. That should make it easy to get the refund/reversal.

I hope you get your situation sorted out cause none of us should have to deal with this. I just want to collect my figures in peace, we shouldn't have to be mini banking lawyers, lol.

Just thought I'd stick my penny in.
I placed an order for Inarts Batman on the 2nd Feb. Circumstances have changed so I've had to cancel. Sent an email 9 days ago with the full details, not heard a peep since not even an automated reply. Starting to get concerned now.

Finally had a response, some 11 days later:

I will check on this and get back to you

Reads like someone has written it on a phone. I mean it's not some standard automated response, but doesn't look altogether professional either.

Given the responses in here I don't anticipate they will get back to me either without a lot of prompting.

Finally had a response, some 11 days later:

I will check on this and get back to you

Reads like someone has written it on a phone. I mean it's not some standard automated response, but doesn't look altogether professional either.

Given the responses in here I don't anticipate they will get back to me either without a lot of prompting.
I don't know if you read my post earlier in this thread, but I know what you are going through.
Email them and message them on Facebook every freaking day until they do something. Don't let up.

I don't know if you read my post earlier in this thread, but I know what you are going through.
Email them and message them on Facebook every freaking day until they do something. Don't let up.

Oh I've got no intention mate, not with £350 quid on the line.

Their Facebook diverted me in message them on Instagram- which I don't have but was happy to oblige and contact them there too.

Back