Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to buy the amazing Rivendell paint and probably gonna framed it later , is it better to get the paper or the canvas giclee?

Thanks to let me know quickly, will order as soon I have the answer.

Hello there.

The paper giclee is excellent quality, with all the accurate color that was in the original. The canvas is a more expensive material with its own varnish coating and is the Cadillac of the two. Both are excellent, but different animals altogether.
Whatever you choose, you can't make a bad decision about which substrate to purchase.
You may get other opinions here from my other customers and their own preferences :)
I hope this info helps you.

JV

Canvas after stretched needs only a frame...the paper giclee would need a backboard and some mats(at least 2),glass as well as a frame, all to conservation standards to be done right which can be very pricey ....the Rivendell in canvas imho will look magnificent.....canvas has an old world rich appearance like a classic painting while the other has the more modern feel of a matted work of art on paper...both if done right are beautiful...especially with this particular scenery...beautiful art

Hello there.

The paper giclee is excellent quality, with all the accurate color that was in the original. The canvas is a more expensive material with its own varnish coating and is the Cadillac of the two. Both are excellent, but different animals altogether.
Whatever you choose, you can't make a bad decision about which substrate to purchase.
You may get other opinions here from my other customers and their own preferences :)
I hope this info helps you.

JV

Thanks JV for the response, I decided to take the canvas giclee, what's the difference between the limited edition vs epic canvas giclee? I want the biggest print possible..

Thanks JV for the response, I decided to take the canvas giclee, what's the difference between the limited edition vs epic canvas giclee? I want the biggest print possible..

Epic canvas is the big one...just ordered it gallery wrapped myself minutes ago ...ordered a BOTFA Epic gallery wrapped canvas too recently :)

Canvas after stretched needs only a frame...the paper giclee would need a backboard and some mats(at least 2),glass as well as a frame, all to conservation standards to be done right which can be very pricey ....the Rivendell in canvas imho will look magnificent.....canvas has an old world rich appearance like a classic painting while the other has the more modern feel of a matted work of art on paper...both if done right are beautiful...especially with this particular scenery...beautiful art

I noticed the details were sharper on the paper versions when I "upgraded" one of my earlier prints to canvas a while back. I like the look of the canvas overall better though.

I noticed the details were sharper on the paper versions when I "upgraded" one of my earlier prints to canvas a while back. I like the look of the canvas overall better though.

Paper if done right will almost always be sharper/crisper than canvas which has a more rougher look...real paintings on canvas are the same...to me they are better seen from more of a distance too while paper can be viewed closer...no brush strokes/grainy canvas for paper...but canvas looks IMHO will always be richer...I imagine a castle,etc with canvas :)

What's the advantages of using the discount code for the Rivendell canvas if it's free shipping after 250$$? The discount gives 40$ back and it cost me 33$ of shipping!?!

"Free shipping for Priority Mail® International requires a minimum purchase of 250.00 after other coupons are applied."

JV, could you arrange something for the intl. customers?

Unfortunately, our store does not allow me to customize the settings for all scenarios. However, to help this a bit, we lowered the minimum purchase requirement during the sale to help get a discount plus get the free shipping. If you find that you are still under the minimum amount after having applied the coupon code, you will need to add select another item to qualify for the free shipping. Either way, you will find a savings in there on either the item or the shipping or both depending on what you are spending.
That's the best we can do folks :).

JV

Hello Jerry. I'm a big fan of your work.

It would be awesome if you could give us a little teaser of your next project. You say that Rivendell is the first painting of some others you plan to paint based on the LOTR landscapes.

What do you have in mind?

Thanks

Anyone know where Jerry went? I see he has not been on here since January. I was thinking about ordering another piece and hoping for a code, but I don't see any floating around.

He is working hard as always. He checks in on Rebel Scum from time to time.

Coupons are few and far between but maybe for the holidays after con season is over.

Jerry just pasted a sale going online through December 15th. Coupon code on his facebook. Online only. I'll probably be buying a print from him this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Back