Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI Gang.
Been away a while, buried in the rubble, but things are a bit more under control ( for now, LOL )
So with some news:
There is a project I have that is about to be released as Canvas and Paper editions. Here's a little hint......

Snipet_zpshmg7vhwn.jpg

JV

Hi Gang.
I can now officially announce that I have a brand new piece of art coming very soon, in time for Christmas shoppers!
It is my Epic Mini stylized Gandalf art, entitled, "Gandalf the Grey".
I will announce right here once I have an exact launch date. At that time, I will post a special promotional video with a very special guest introducing how all this came about, someone every fan of Weta Workshop and the world of Middle Earth will recognize .
For now, here is the full art as well as the video link showing the painting process! I actually tried to have the you tube link also show the image, but could not figure that out! This image is a very lo res shot, but the actual print is super sharp. Sorry for the watermark, but it's a must nowadays!
I will be offering this very unique style in two sizes for Paper as well as two sizes for Canvas!

JV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUoZIYEzNwo

Epic%20Mini%20Gandalf%20The%20Grey_zpsd4gjlyaw.jpg

Hello again Gang.
The Epic Mini Gandalf art will be available as soon as one more official approval comes through!
We do plan to have a Holiday Sale during this time, but for now, the direct link to this art in our store can be found here:

https://www.store.vandersteltstudio....1&categoryId=3

Hello again Gang.
The Epic Mini Gandalf art will be available as soon as one more official approval comes through!
We do plan to have a Holiday Sale during this time, but for now, the direct link to this art in our store can be found here:

Gandalf Epic Mini stare.jpg

For now, it simply reads as "unavailable", but that will soon change : ) Sorry that Gandalf is running late, but we all know He will arrive precisely when he means to!

JV

Ok Gang. I would have posted earlier, but there was a problem with the forum for a day or so it seems.
I promised I was going to have a very special guest introduce my Epic Mini Gandalf art titled "Gandalf the Grey". Enjoy everyone! The Gandalf Art goes live on Friday November 15. Also, upon launch, we will begin our Black Friday Event of 20% off of select items, including our new Epic Mini Gandalf art!
Maybe we will be seeing some of you on Friday ( now Saturday!! https://www.store.vandersteltstudio....1&categoryId=3

edited-image_zpsmq0kcyq7.jpg

JV

Last edited:
What's the deal with the "variants" I have started to see with some of these pieces? Not a fan of basically just rereleasing previous pieces and adding or subtracting a few inches to justify a new ES.

Yeah, they have started popping up on Sideshow these days, haven't they. If it's any consolation, outside of some of his canvas pieces or early SW Celebration prints, his work has never really been all that "collectible" or heavily sought after. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan & love his SW & LOTR pieces, probably own a dozen of his works, but JV's stuff has always been produced on a rather large-quantity & availability scale.

Yeah, they have started popping up on Sideshow these days, haven't they. If it's any consolation, outside of some of his canvas pieces or early SW Celebration prints, his work has never really been all that "collectible" or heavily sought after. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan & love his SW & LOTR pieces, probably own a dozen of his works, but JV's stuff has always been produced on a rather large-quantity & availability scale.

I don't mind a large ES and them being around for a while. I own quite a few also. I just don't like variants that aren't available on release, and especially don't like ones that are basically just made to ignore the original ES. It's not a variant unless it's actually different.

Back