UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not comparing this to the EB b/c there is no comparison, it's actually laughable to try and compare the two. :lol

But, I guess if Hot Toys fan boys want to use that as their only excuse to pardon this figure than knock yourselves out. Though, it might be more constructive to actually address the issues with the product instead of trying to deflect attention away from them.

I'm happy with the Casual Bruce, the quality of the set is good all around on that whereas here it simply is not.

Maybe you're ok with spending upwards of $200 on a Hot Toys product only to receive Medicom or Hasbro quality, I am not.

As disappointed as I am with this figure, Sab is right - the lack of 'wow factor is for me largely to do with there being two essentially identical figures. IMO one figure from this 'set' is all that's needed. and based on cool factor and quality of tailoring it has got to be the casual version. The paint could have been better regardless.

I guess 'cause it's recently out it's ok to repeat it: this 'set' should have been a single box with two costumes at under 2/3 the price. Alternatively each separate set should have come with a different head sculpt.

While it's not fair to compare a single MIS figure with the EB GoD release, a fair comparison can be made with both sets vs the GoD release, as the price is nearly identical. There are good arguments for each, but the big question mark hanging over EB is their QC. When there are a few more GoDs around we'll get a better idea as to how crap - or not - EBs QC has really been. What I've seen so far hasn't been good.

A perfect GoD set vs a perfect MIS set... I think EB has it.

:lol

Of course there's no comparison. Hot Toys fanboys always say how much more Enterbay figs cost without the accompanying value for money. It was the same story when Sideshow were selling figs for $40 and Hot Toys were over $100. Now $200 is the norm.

Still, I don't get what you mean by the quality has dropped in this rendition of smiling Bruce. Same body, head, sunglasses, watch. I would think thin material is what collector have been begging for. Something to replicate fabric in 1/6 scale more accurately. I was disappointed with the Wolverines jeans because they weren't denim, at first, but whatever the material, the print did look denimish, and hung more like real scale clothes.

Anyway, I'm hoping I wont be disappointed with HT suited Bruce. I got mine for $150 shipped, so I guess that means $150 quality in this rapidly rising cost of collecting price point.

Now hit us with some swiffer shots.

Maybe you're ok with spending upwards of $200 on a Hot Toys product only to receive Medicom or Hasbro quality, I am not.

Btw, I wasn't having a go at you, I was just continuing the ragging you were giving rory for diminishing your excitement, because you were diminishing mine. :lol :peace

As disappointed as I am with this figure, Sab is right - the lack of 'wow factor is for me largely to do with there being two essentially identical figures. IMO one figure from this 'set' is all that's needed. and based on cool factor and quality of tailoring it has got to be the casual version. The paint could have been better regardless.

I guess 'cause it's recently out it's ok to repeat it: this 'set' should have been a single box with two costumes at under 2/3 the price. Alternatively each separate set should have come with a different head sculpt.

:goodpost::exactly::clap

Btw, I wasn't having a go at you, I was just continuing the ragging you were giving rory for diminishing your excitement, because you were diminishing mine. :lol :peace

Np, it came across that way but it's all good

Edit: I agree with Sab's #1 point 100%. :hi5:

I'm not comparing this to the EB b/c there is no comparison, it's actually laughable to try and compare the two. :lol

But, I guess if Hot Toys fan boys want to use that as their only excuse to pardon this figure than knock yourselves out. Though, it might be more constructive to actually address the issues with the product instead of trying to deflect attention away from them.

I'm happy with the Casual Bruce, the quality of the set is good all around on that whereas here it simply is not.

Jesus, calm down.
I'm a Hot Toys fanboy now?

'the only excuse to pardon this figure' ?
What are you talking about?

Especially since primarily I listed the main reason being that many buyers already own this sculpt on the casual figure ...so obviously the 2nd reason listed isn't the 'only excuse' to start with.

I listed a comparison to the Enterbay set because I happened to notice a few posters disappointed are the same that had recently posted how much the like their new GoD set.
Of course your comparing to the Enterbay set you just received. I wasn't taking a shot at you in saying so. Its human nature and natural to do so. You just received a Bruce Lee product (with a smiling sculpt) that is way more awesome. Of course this will pale in comparison.

'deflecting attention'
Stop being so dramatic. I was clear I don't even own it. If its bad, its bad. I don't care. I was giving my thoughts on why some people may be disappointed.

You're welcome to disagree. You don't need to make silly claims to do so.

Jesus, calm down.
I'm a Hot Toys fanboy now?

'the only excuse to pardon this figure' ?
What are you talking about?
I'm calm, and I'm not Jesus :D

"Pardon the figure" means to ignore any of the faults mentioned, like you did in your first post and just say that it's b/c of EB's release that the figure is viewed as such.

Of course your comparing to the Enterbay set you just received.
Actually, I wasn't :slap

'
deflecting attention'
Stop being so dramatic. I was clear I don't even own it. If its bad, its bad. I don't care. I was giving my thoughts on why some people may be disappointed.
Dramatic? :lol You having a bad day? I think so.

I understand your thoughts on why people may be disappointed with this when compared to the recent GOD release. My point however, was in doing so that you totally neglected every flaw that's been mentioned with this figure, you just glossed over them like everyone else does in the HT threads like the problems don't really exist.

You're welcome to disagree. You don't need to make silly claims to do so.

I didn't make a "silly claim". I have this figure in hand, and made a detailed post about the pro's and the cons of this set. Chill out and go have a beer or a smoke.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T - "Pardon the figure" means to ignore any of the faults mentioned, like you did in your first post and just say that it's b/c of EB's release that the figure is viewed as such.

I know what it means. I wasn't ignoring anything.
As stated and as others have agreed with, I think the use of the same sculpt has led to no wow factor and hence disappointment.

Y4NK33 PL4N3T - I didn't make a "silly claim". I have this figure in hand, and made a detailed post about the pro's and the cons of this set. Chill out and go have a beer or a smoke.

I was referring to you claiming I'm a Hot Toys fan boy making excuses and deflecting attention.

How about both you guys go have that drink or smoke together :lol

LOL probably a good idea.

I like Y4NK33 PL4N3T and his posts and photos.
I'm just never sure why he keeps calling me a Hot Toys fanboy.

We've done this before in another thread in which I pointed out I've owned more Enterbay figures and currently mainly collect Enterbay Lee statues.
...which others have used to call me an Enterbay fanboy :slap

We did? :lol I don't recall :slap

I have no problemo with ya Sab, I know you're a good Freak and crazy BL fan so it's all good in my book! :D

Who said that this release isnt as good as the casual eh!? Whats the whole gripe with this set? I particularly wanted the casual but am glad that I got then suit instead as I think Bruce looks real classy in this and not iconically badly dressed in that casual outfit. The only thing I liked about the casuals were the bell bottoms...

The only gripe I have about this release is because of the high heeled shoes he wears its unstable until you get that sweet spot of bending the knees and compensating it with the right bent on the foot. My figure had toppled over a dozen times before I found it... and now its standing like a rock. Also like I said here when I first posted pics of mine, the Director's chair IS slightly larger than it should be... however the sculpt, paint, clothing IMO is amazing. Looks really classy and cool on display.

I'm disappointed with this figure too. I thought I was maybe alone in this thought but it seems not. Others have suggested disappointment is due to owning other Bruce Lee figures but the last and only other Lee figure I have is EB's Green Hornet, which I must've bought two years ago now, and so I don't think that's really it.

What it is though, for me, I can't quite put my finger on... I'm let down by the chair, which was selling point for me, that's staying in the box, but there's something more beyond that, something that isn't working for me but I can't figure out just what...

In time, despite a dislike for the figure now, it could grow on me, I'm sure, that's always a possibility. I'm not saying this is my final reaction here. Maybe after a week of staring right at it I'll be all turned around.

I did see a pic where the chair was too big, but I'm now guessing it must be the clasps possibly collapsed allowing the seat to spread wider.

No, it doesn't work like that, I don't think there's any way to set it up to make it less wide (either by mistake or intentionally) - it's one size and that's it.

I've seen a few pictures where the chair looked perfectly fine, too, I don't disagree with you there, but having it in hand now I think such pictures were just down to the way the photo was shot. In person it looks almost like to me like one of those oversized seats you see at tourist spots. Even when you pose Bruce simply standing by it, you can clearly see that it's strangely wide, it doesn't take the seated figure to show that.

big-chair.jpg

Last edited:
Cool fig, starting to like it better than my casual.

I was reading someone's review complaining about the suit. I don't know how someone could complain about the material being THIN. It SHOULD be thin, or else he would look bulky.

The suit feels fine and lays well without sticking out or anything like thick material would. The whole suit is made of the same material... sewn and trimmed as well as any other suited HT figure. I feel like the downers were just waiting to rip the figure apart before they even got it, honestly.

I feel like the downers were just waiting to rip the figure apart before they even got it, honestly.

Isnt that with any figure? As soon as proto shots are released the whining begins, when the product comes in someones hands the whining intensifies... when good pics come up... whiners vanish... Ironically these complainers didnt intend to buy the figure ever... Ive seen this specially at most threads which have Enterbay written on them... SO MANY HATERS! and most of them never even owned one Enterbay item.

Anyway as I said before the director's chair was the only thing that looked weird to me, rather little too big. So I have him sitting on the better propotioned director's chair that came with the new Enterbay GoD set... He actually looks better in it than the Stock HT chair...

Oldcat @ ToysDaily.com posted these ultra-cool picture of this figure with the Enter the Dragon head:

20110731033802817.jpg

I really like the smart motion display here !

Are there any photos of this suit on a non-Bruce Lee TrueType?
I'd like to see how it fits a Slim TT or a Narrow Shoulder TT.

Back