Unpopular movie or tv show opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qAX6oxD.gif

:lol:lol

I've warmed up to it but it still looks over-designed to me. Too many plates...this Batman doesn't need Cirque du Soleil mobility.

You feeling alright?
raw

who is this?
151009144850633.jpg

I actually agree. I don't much care for Eisenberg's so far -- I think he was miscast -- but, Hackman's Luthor was every bit as ineptly characterized as Tommy Lee Jones's Two Face. Complete lack of understanding of the character. They made him into a greasy, leisure-suited used car salesman ... with a bumbling fool for a henchman. If Hackman had played him closer to his characters in Unforgiven or The Quick and the Dead, that would've been something to see. Sinister. Powerful. Threatening. Would've been perfect. Instead ... we get Hackman doing an impersonation of Eugene Levy in National Lampoon's Vacation.

I'll take Eisenberg's Lex Zuckerberg over that. At least there's something sinister there.
Well said.
I'd rather see Hackman play Luthor in BVS with the BVS script, but since that's impossible, I agree that the BVS Luthor is a better version of the character.
Eisenberg was good for the role because he's 6" smaller than Cavill and looks thin and fragile yet has this childish like power about his performance. It was a good castin' choice.

I loved his music theme. About the only new piece of music I liked on the BvS soundtrack....well the Wonder Woman theme isn't too bad either actually. Batman's theme sucks. Superman's theme never really kicked into high gear for some reason, they kept it very restrained. In fact I only remember hearing a few piano notes from it.

I like the Lex Luthor character more from BvS instead of from Superman I and II. He shows more intelligence and evil.
That said, I do not like the way Eisenberg played the character. The delivery of his lines during intense sequences felt absolutely forced. It's most evidenced on the building rooftop scene with Superman. And during that scene, what's up with his hand shaking too excessively while saying his lines? It was so overdone that I found myself looking at his hand more than his face. It was drawing that much attention. :lol

I like the Lex Luthor character more from BvS instead of from Superman I and II. He shows more intelligence and evil.
That said, I do not like the way Eisenberg played the character. The delivery of his lines during intense sequences felt absolutely forced. It's most evidenced on the building rooftop scene with Superman. And during that scene, what's up with his hand shaking too excessively while saying his lines? It was so overdone that I found myself looking at his hand more than his face. It was drawing that much attention. :lol

I agree completely. There are moments of brilliance, but then you have scenes like the one where he almost has a meltdown during his speech at his party.

I will probably regret posting this as I've gotten a lot of s*** for my unpopular opinions in the past.

Remember, all of this is strictly my opinion - it doesn't mean I'm right. This is your last warning.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agreed with #1 & #5. Maybe we're just cowards... :lol

As for mine:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back