Unpopular movie or tv show opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kick Ass 2 was as good as Kick Ass 1.

Art movies are only made so pretentious people can pretend they are more intellectual and cultured than everyone else.

Star Trek Voyager was better than Deep Space Nine.

The entire slasher film genre is disgusting and pointless.

The Matrix Reloaded is a pretty good movie.

I guarantee you if Christopher Nolan had directed Mad Max: Fury Road and made the same exact film, most members here would be picking that film apart.

:goodpost::exactly:

Pretty much, but I think the Nolan hate is over. Joss Whedon is now the most "hated" filmaker :lol The FF4 director is second, and Jar Jar Abrams will be next, probably :lol

Dexter is not a good show.
Star Trek: The Motion Picture is one of the best Star Trek movies.
Birdman is a horrible movie.

I knew this thread topic was familiar. There was that 'Movies you hate but everyone else loves' thread and its counterpart the 'Movies you love but everyone else hates' thread.

This one is better though, it can encompass everything and not be limited to the overall opinion of a movie. For example earlier I said I didn't like Michael Giacchino's Star Trek score, narrowing it down to one aspect of a particular movie.

Carry on. :D

Kick Ass 2 was as good as Kick Ass 1.

Art movies are only made so pretentious people can pretend they are more intellectual and cultured than everyone else.

The Matrix Reloaded is a pretty good movie.

giphy.gif

I knew this thread topic was familiar. There was that 'Movies you hate but everyone else loves' thread and its counterpart the 'Movies you love but everyone else hates' thread.

This one is better though, it can encompass everything and not be limited to the overall opinion of a movie. For example earlier I said I didn't like Michael Giacchino's Star Trek score, narrowing it down to one aspect of a particular movie.

Carry on. :D

That was my thread :lol https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-discussion/105746-movie-else-loves-hate.html

The last post in that thread reminds me:

Django Unchained is Tarantino's laziest, least satisfying film.

That was my thread :lol https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-discussion/105746-movie-else-loves-hate.html

The last post in that thread reminds me:

Django Unchained is Tarantino's laziest, least satisfying film.

Oh well uhh, that was a superior thread, what I said before about this one being better, that was....I was just.....drugs.

Everything good is overrated and everything that sucks is actually cool...and overrated.

I agree. But at the same time don't underrate overrating something.

I have no idea what is going on here, but I like it! This should have been the actual film.

Since film isn't fundamentally different than any other art form (a vehicle of personal expression), does this also apply to painting, music, etc.?

Justified was far better than Breaking Bad.

I tried to like Game of Thrones ... but I just don't get it. It's a really talky medieval soap opera.

Scarface is so dated it's unwatchable. Freaking pop music montages.

The Lone Ranger was pretty good. Could've been great with a couple of minor changes ... mostly to the Ranger's characterization.

The Incredibles is by far the best Pixar movie.

The Big Lebowski either isn't very funny, or the jokes are going way over my head. I can't figure out which. Least favorite of the Coen movies I've seen.

Sofia Vergara is annoying ... and isn't pretty enough to make up for it.

Batman Mask of the Phantasm was mediocre. Not even among the best Animated Series installments, much less among the best Batman movies.

Kevin Conroy does a fine Batman voice ... but I don't get the hype. He's replaceable.

Val Kilmer was a better Batman than Michael Keaton.

I'm sure I'll think of others.

SnakeDoc

Is this unpopular to say?
I like what I like, dislike what I don't like, and you can poop yourself dead in a cheap office chair trying to convince me otherwise about it, or shoot yourself in the mouth about it, and I don't care either way.

I'm not surprised to see lots of things I disagree with here :lol

I'm just going to chime in and say that I've never found The Big Bang Theory funny. In my opinion it is the single most overrated TV show in the history of anything.

The Big Lebowski either isn't very funny, or the jokes are going way over my head. I can't figure out which. Least favorite of the Coen movies I've seen.

Just a quick question, how many times have you seen it? When I first saw it, I didn't think it was all that great. I watched it again a few nights ago and I couldn't stop laughing. This movie has really grown on me.

captain america is a boring cookie cutter character.
marvel movies tend to have the same exact structure over and over. the only thing that changes is the characters ad the locations. they are the equivalent of a McDonald's menu

watching marvel movies feels like eating burgers with a lot of ketchup for a whole week,

might taste good but there is no nutritional value whatsoever

Pretty much. Take away the connected universe novelty and the hype would flitter away

Back