UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - PS4 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so. Not now, and not with PS4.5. I think it'll be an upscaled kinda deal.

Yeah, Totally agree

I saw some "possible Specs" weeks ago, and it's ihighly unlikely (I'd say IMPOSSIBLE :lol) that PS4 4K/Neo/4.5 or whatever they call it..could handle 4k resolution as Native resolution. No way!.:nono

Will be an upscaled 4K resolution, such as 360 does (upscalling to 1080i/1080p the vast majority of games via hardware) and HDMI 2.0 support. for 4K displays

Graphics comparison: Final Game Vs ALL 2014/2015 Demos

If you guys have already seen all U4 demos they've been shown, then you can have a look..if otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it!

Finished the game today and thought it was great. Nice ending.

I probably would rank it below the others though... maybe above Uncharted 3.

I haven't played the game but I listened to the soundtrack- man, what the hell happened? It's so bland and generic that they had to reuse the same motif over the same filler percussions. I wonder why Greg Edmonson didn't come for this.

I just hope the game out weights the unremarkable score.

On Chapter 9 I believe, liking it so far. It really does have a TLoU feel, which I'm gonna compare with it since I just picked up the Remaster.

On OST, it is fine but it lacks how distinct each OST for the other games.

On Chapter 9 I believe, liking it so far. It really does have a TLoU feel, which I'm gonna compare with it since I just picked up the Remaster.

On OST, it is fine but it lacks how distinct each OST for the other games.

"Fine" doesn't cut it for Uncharted music, just like a Metal Gear or a Final Fantasy. Oh well.

What sound system are you using to play this on?

I'm going to take a guess and say stereo. Not even 2.1, just regular stereo from TV speakers.

Get yourself a decent system, FSLAR. You don't need much to have a good setup. TV speakers are like eating 3 day old pizza, you're not into that, are you?

My would recommend be the Logitech Z906 as a starter kit, it's cheap and sounds better than the price you're paying:

2014-06-06-product-8.jpg

Finished the game today and thought it was great. Nice ending.

I probably would rank it below the others though... maybe above Uncharted 3.

I'm on 15.
So far it equals 2 for me I think.

They've definitely taken the criticism of 3 to heart. Everything feels like it serves the story rather than random giant action set pieces.

(I wont rank 1 since its 1/3 the length and basically a tech demo)

Get yourself a decent system, FSLAR. You don't need much to have a good setup. TV speakers are like eating 3 day old pizza, you're not into that, are you?

My would recommend be the Logitech Z906 as a starter kit, it's cheap and sounds better than the price you're paying:

2014-06-06-product-8.jpg
I have no room and my money is better off on other things....like possibly having to pay off student loans :lol :(
Let me guess, you stalked my information and set up...I'm reporting you for stalking! :monkey4 !!!

Wow, after 3 days I've finally finished my first playthrough. No spoilers from me, but what a ride. Firstly, I'll just put it out there... I'm a big Naughty Dog fan. I put Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us as being my favourite 'linear' action-adventure story games of all time. This eclipses Uncharted 2 (which I'll always have a soft spot for).. It does almost everything better and turned up a notch. Some might see it as being too long, with too many filler chapters.. but such is the nature of narrative intense games of the new gaming era, especially as this one has a lot of fan service to deliver on.

10/10. It will take a lot to beat this for GOTY, unless something from a totally different genre is remarkable. Quantum Break doesn't beat it (and I really enjoyed that), and I very much doubt the new Gears of War game will either..

Wow, after 3 days I've finally finished my first playthrough. No spoilers from me, but what a ride. Firstly, I'll just put it out there... I'm a big Naughty Dog fan. I put Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us as being my favourite 'linear' action-adventure story games of all time. This eclipses Uncharted 2 (which I'll always have a soft spot for).. It does almost everything better and turned up a notch. Some might see it as being too long, with too many filler chapters.. but such is the nature of narrative intense games of the new gaming era, especially as this one has a lot of fan service to deliver on.

10/10. It will take a lot to beat this for GOTY, unless something from a totally different genre is remarkable. Quantum Break doesn't beat it (and I really enjoyed that), and I very much doubt the new Gears of War game will either..

Nice! Can't wait to get mine! How's the music for you?

Nice! Can't wait to get mine! How's the music for you?

The Last of Us... Lol

There are moments, like a particular sequence with Nate and Elena, where it does really work. There is a lot of TLOU in the feel and narrative of this game.. And the gameplay and design has hints of it too..

Knowing that this is either the last Uncharted game of the last Uncharted by ND made chapter 4 surprisingly emotional for me. Man, that section hit all the right notes. Love the toy gun part.

Agreed that the tone of this game was definitely shaped by TLOU. I dig it, though. After 3 games, about time we get some character 'quiet' moments

With the Sam Storyline, I keep thinking of Star Trek V, where I kept asking myself, 'waddya mean Spock as a brother?!??!!??!'

Same weirdness with that here.

Related but not: in the Summer months, my ps4 tends to run a tad warm. Got a vertical stand so it sits next to my tv - out in the open, then popped the hdd cover off - makes a huge different with games like Uncharted 4 and Witcher 3

Ryan you are such an audio phile, my god :lol everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Also my PS4 has been getting hotter than normal too and I wondered if it effected performance due to some frame drops. Though a lot of this was pre-update patch.

Ryan you are such an audio phile, my god :lol everyone needs a hobby I guess.

Also my PS4 has been getting hotter than normal too and I wondered if it effected performance due to some frame drops. Though a lot of this was pre-update patch.

Man, there's nothing like good audio. The Naughty Dog games have some of the best audio there is, the sound is VERY lifelike and you could feel the blades of grass rustle next to where you're sitting with a good setup. You feel like you're there.

As for the console heating up, one way to increase ventilation is to put a marble slab under the console- another trick used by audiophiles to reduce speaker interference mechanical vibrations btw. I always have my consoles on top of them since the PS1 days. You're welcome.

Back