Unaltered OT Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only changes I think that should have been made are for quality sake...redoing the lightsabers, taking the boxes away from the space battles...Correcting color and restoring footage.

Every change he made only hurt the OT, nothing should ever be added or taken away.

Wait? Han not shooting first doesn't seem shady? It happens in a fraction of a second!!! Bad guys can get shot at as well...

I prefer Han shooting first simply because it was a badass way to end a conversation, but dodging a shot at point blank range is pretty badass too...

Shooting back after you've been fired on is just self defense. Sneakily drawing out your blaster and blowing a whole in someone under the table and casually walking away hints that the character is jaded and cynical and would probably be more than willing to sell you out if it were to his benefit. That allows the audience to become nervous about Luke and Ben hooking up with this dodgy character and creates dramatic tension. That was the whole point of that scene. It's not about what is more "badass."

Exactly right! The whole point of Han shooting first is that it makes his character seem shady early on and keeps the audience guessing as to whether he's trustworthy or not. Why Lucas intentionally changed that dynamic is beyond me. :cuckoo:

As strange as it seems, I can only conclude that Lucas simply doesn't understand his own characters. You're right that Han shooting first is integral to his entire character. And inserting Jabba into ANH does nothing for the story and ruins the big reveal in ROTJ when we finally see Jabba, this infamous character that we heard so much about in the first two movies.

It may be that the intervening decades have changed Lucas so much as a person that he just doesn't remember what it was that was going for in the original movies, or his priorities/values have changed and he wants to change the old films to better reflect the person he is today. Or maybe being exposed to these characters for so long has caused him to overthink and overanalyze them, convincing him to make changes where none were needed. I don't know.

Or maybe in the 70's it was someone else's idea for Han to shoot first, and George just couldn't have that now that he could change it.

:)

But i dunno either. Who the ____ does?

I love Star Wars

chipmunk%20wars%203.jpg

Or...Maybe Lucas has gone completely mad...has anyone seen The Crystal Skull? I mean come on..its a cry for help.

Or...Maybe Lucas has gone completely mad...has anyone seen The Crystal Skull? I mean come on..its a cry for help.

Actually Lucas was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be George Lucas and became a CGI Jackass. When that happened, the good man who we all loved was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view. RIP George.

No Clone Wars, no EU, no PT, no SEs, etc...OT original theatrical release only. And even then, I only own SW and ESB.

The only changes I think that should have been made are for quality sake...redoing the lightsabers, taking the boxes away from the space battles...Correcting color and restoring footage.

Every change he made only hurt the OT, nothing should ever be added or taken away.

Agreed, just one more change though, Have Han die in the Carbonite, His character was completely different and ruined in ROTJ.

Ruined ROtJ? Ruined???? :dunno

:lecture:lecture:lecture Ruined ROTJ was talking all the emotional impact out of the closing scene by replacing Shaw's noggin with the over-inflated melon of that ____ing untalented *********.

As for Han, I think being frozen in carbonite, one might rethink their values and goals. To me it seemed as if it was a life-changing experience for Han.

Back