UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it was rigged, Ronda would've never got her ass handed too her so badly. It seems to me Jose already lost the fight before he even entered the octagon.

it aint rigged, aldo technically was perfect his left foot was outside coners,thats the dominant line he then threw a fake right and came in with a lunging left hook fedor style.....he just got smoked with perfect placement and timing thats fighting lol

I'm a huge Aldo fan, and I can tell anybody that it was in fact not rigged. Aldo made a stupid mistake by goin in so hard against a southpaw from the jump. Emotions got the best of him and he fought nothing like he usually does (and yes I can judge that from 13 seconds). I've been watching him for as long as I can remember, and mcgreggor just used all of the hype to his advantage. Yeah, great punch, but it doesn't say much when it's just one. I wouldn't want Aldo to win that way, and I would preach the same thing. He just committed a stupid mistake that I'm sure he's not gonna clear from his head for the rest of his life. At least he'll learn a very powerful lesson. And to think I play stupid scenarios over and over in my head, so I have an idea of what he's going through.

I wanted Aldo to win, but you cant deny Conor's power in that left hand of his. On top of that Jose coming in and just eating that left.

I wanted Aldo to win, but you cant deny Conor's power in that left hand of his. On top of that Jose coming in and just eating that left.

Dumbest mistake when you're fighting the opposite stance. Going in like that on a southpaw was just asking for trouble. I'm not buying into the whole Macgreggor thing. At first I kinda had an open mind, but after the Mendes fight, I saw a huge gaping hole. I honestly think Faber could take him (I know, different weight classes, but it was still played on), and I don't think Faber is all that. But what he is, is a wrestler that could dip Connor on his head. But who knows, maybe Faber would commit the same mistake.
Also I want everybody to think about this. The more money that one fighter makes, the better training and dedication goes in to a camp PERIOD! Connor had an easy path paved for him when he first showed up. White then took interest and then started to fund the guy. Go ahead and make the argument that Aldo does the same, but in fact that wouldn't really be the truth. Aldo has been underpaid, and doesn't have certain resources that white/UFC can easily supply. I'm not saying Aldo has it terrible, but I will say that his access to a lot of things is very limited.
Also, one more thing. How's come every time ol Connor makes a win, old Dana and the two bros are toasting champagne with the guy? Do the math...

Dumbest mistake when you're fighting the opposite stance. Going in like that on a southpaw was just asking for trouble. I'm not buying into the whole Macgreggor thing. At first I kinda had an open mind, but after the Mendes fight, I saw a huge gaping hole. I honestly think Faber could take him (I know, different weight classes, but it was still played on), and I don't think Faber is all that. But what he is, is a wrestler that could dip Connor on his head. But who knows, maybe Faber would commit the same mistake.
Also I want everybody to think about this. The more money that one fighter makes, the better training and dedication goes in to a camp PERIOD! Connor had an easy path paved for him when he first showed up. White then took interest and then started to fund the guy. Go ahead and make the argument that Aldo does the same, but in fact that wouldn't really be the truth. Aldo has been underpaid, and doesn't have certain resources that white/UFC can easily supply. I'm not saying Aldo has it terrible, but I will say that his access to a lot of things is very limited.
Also, one more thing. How's come every time ol Connor makes a win, old Dana and the two bros are toasting champagne with the guy? Do the math...

Connor has made them more $$ than Aldo....I'd be toasting champagne too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in this sport, entertainment will always get you more money. Conor saw what Chael did and copied that, only difference is he backed it up. The guy wants to move up to 155, it will be much harder for him and yea, he will still entertain and make his money, but won't have the same success at 155. I agree, Faber could beat him and I think outside of a one punch KO, Edgar is so much better than Conor that I would expect Edgar to be the favorite if they fought. Edgar does everything better than Conor minus a little bit of the one punch KO power.

in this sport, entertainment will always get you more money. Conor saw what Chael did and copied that, only difference is he backed it up. The guy wants to move up to 155, it will be much harder for him and yea, he will still entertain and make his money, but won't have the same success at 155. I agree, Faber could beat him and I think outside of a one punch KO, Edgar is so much better than Conor that I would expect Edgar to be the favorite if they fought. Edgar does everything better than Conor minus a little bit of the one punch KO power.

Faber from 5 years ago may have beaten Connor, but I don't think Faber has it in him anymore. At best, he would win a 5 round decision by man-humping him.:lol

I hope Cowboy wins this weekend so it sets up the epic trash talking between Cowboy and Connor.

I'd rather see RDA strangle him personally. Pettis said he was promised a title shot if he got past Alvarez next month, so that could possibly set up a fight b/w Connor and Pettis.

LOL....and Diaz got rejected from getting the mic back from Joe. Good stuff. He looked sharp tonight though.

Mark johnson down as another fighter who fought stupid and fell into the Diaz trap. Johnson could've taken him down and controlled the fight, wrestling has always been his kryptonite. Instead, he chose the dummy route and decided to fight with his ego instead of his brain. Bad main event stoppage btw, the ****ing title is on the line, let them fight for Christ sake.

did anyone else here have Lawler winning that fight? I'm a huge Lawler fan, but Condit landed like 100 more shots and besides that 1 punch in round 2 and a couple of good ones in the 5th, I didn't find it to be close at all. I had Condit 4 rounds to 1. I don't know what the judges were watching.

I had it 3-2 Condit, but felt that the 5th was a 10-8. Both guys were spent but Lawler really blitzed him there. I don't have a problem with the decision. Condit's game plan was to score points, which he did, but the fact that he didn't throw or connect many power shots definitely hurt his chances.

Back