UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep telling yourself that. Fact is, he came at the exact right time when the UFC heavies were at almost an all-time weakest. Cripes, 46 year old former 205 pound Randy was champ there for awhile.

This.
I'm not gonna discredit Brock, he did do the job. It wasnt as if the UFC fed him bums to build him up.
UFC did exactly what they told him, you're not gonna get any favors and threw him to the wolves.
But the Heavyweight division was the weakest division at the time.
Brock came in at the perfect place, at the perfect time.
Randy had to freaking come out retirement to take that belt from Tim Silvia which everyone hated, but no one in the division could beat him.

And on the Brock and Shane Carwin fight, Brock should have lost that fight. Only reason Brock won against Carwin cause the referee didnt stop the fight. Even Brock said after the fight that he wouldnt have gotten upset if the ref stopped the fight. So Carwin was gassed pummeling him.

I like Brock, and would still watch a UFC fight if he would have made a comeback. But only because I know it would be entertaining.
I dont think Brock can beat any of the top 5 or 6 heavyweight we have at the moment.

Edit:
Just looked at the current UFC heavyweight
https://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/heavyweight/

Considering Reem is 10...he may not even crack top 10 at the moment.

Last edited:
I loved seeing those knee bar 50-50 type guards Tony and Ryan were doing, very slick. So, tomorrow we get to see if Conor is the real deal. Personally, I think the Mendes win was a fluke, but if he wins tomorrow night, I guess I won't be able to say that anymore. I'm curious to see if Conor got into Aldo's head after all, it's usually pretty obvious when that happens.

I loved seeing those knee bar 50-50 type guards Tony and Ryan were doing, very slick. So, tomorrow we get to see if Conor is the real deal. Personally, I think the Mendes win was a fluke, but if he wins tomorrow night, I guess I won't be able to say that anymore. I'm curious to see if Conor got into Aldo's head after all, it's usually pretty obvious when that happens.

Mcgregor lost both rounds to Mendes minus the tko. I think Conor has surrounded himself with too many yes men since then as well that haven't pointed out his obvious gaps that were exposed by Mendes.

I think Aldo will be like GSP, just ignore the talk and watch the body. GSP v Diaz type fight.

I think Mendes got the fight on 2 weeks notice too...I'm sure he was training anyway but still.

I'm interested in seeing how Mcgregor does against Aldo tonight. Pretty good looking fights tonight.....looking forward to the main two fights.

From the reports just before the weigh-ins Aldo got into McGregor's head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real One Punch Man :lol

vYLMVAl.jpg

So Aldo did fall into Conors trap and got baited into leaving himself wide open charging in recklessly. I thought Aldo would be like GSP and just ignore the bs from conor and focus on his gameplan but instead he let the bait get to him and thought angry instead of smart.

Get ready for more of Conors trash talking on a whole new level. A great fighter, but a lousy attitude.

Rockhold proved he's the true middleweight king, that one kick from Vitor set him back so much.

Get ready for more of Conors trash talking on a whole new level. A great fighter, but a lousy attitude.

Some call it attitude others call it selling a fight. Without Connor's talking no one outside of the hardcore fans would have cared about this fight. His trash talking easily increased the gate and ppv buus for this fight by at least 300%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a let down, but I'm not really too surprised with the result, but more how fast it happened. I hope Edgar gets the shot cause Aldo will never be the same after this. The division is more wide open now. I would bet Barao tries to move up now. Faber will also be trying to get in on it too.

So, really this loss makes the division very interesting now. We have to listen to an even bigger ego maniac now, so that sux

Yeah more trash talk....a lot more I imagine and his game outside of his punching isn't worthy of that yet. He needs to be working on the rest of this game to be a complete fighter, from what I've seen of him so far. he's good for the division for outside/new fans but it was already a division packed full of talent.

Its not really trash talk when you can go back into the past and see what he was saying with the knowledge of how it would turn out,its ok to be brash if your right and can back it up.

I really like the wild Irishman. Jose is damn good but Conor did him in with the mind game. He really did call what would happen. He talks a bunch but backs it.

Because the ****s rigged man.

Jose - 10 years undefeated champion, with over 10 years of experience in MMA, would go swinging in like that in the first round like a friggin newb?

Because the ****s rigged man.

Jose - 10 years undefeated champion, with over 10 years of experience in MMA, would go swinging in like that in the first round like a friggin newb?

Back