UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had Silva winning the last 3. Silva should've pounced on him in the 5th after that kick. He should know better than to leave it in the hands of the judges, especially in the other guys arena. I don't see this getting Bisping any closer to a title shot, he got his ass kicked and most of his shots missed.

I'm the biggest silva fan out there, and had him winning. That all being said, WHAT THE **** WAS HE DOING???!!!! You are a million % correct, he should have and could have finished that fight a thousand times over! For the life of me I do not see how he couldn't have learned his lesson with the weidman thing. I'm so pissed right now that I don't have the words to even speak right now!!!
Also, I've been saying it for years now, herb dean is and will always be the worst official that has destroyed so many fights in the past. The guy sucks, and people give Yamasaki crap for last week. Very minor in comparison to dean. Silva landed that knee before the horn and bisping was out of his wits. Horn or no horn, that blow would've easily ended the fight if there was more time.
I just hate life right now and I'm utterly crushed....

I didn't catch the fight, was Silva skittish or hesitant?

How did this happen against Bisping?

Silva many opportunities to finish Bisping. But after trying to call the end of the fight himself and declaring himself the winner after the 3rd round; Herb Dean said no baby I'm the ref, now FIGHT. Silva decided to just stalk Bisping, beat him up, rock him, allow him to recover, and repeated the sequence until the end of the fifth round. Silva decided to let the judges declare him the winner but all unanimously said no baby, not in London.

I'm just flattened right now... I still don't get how you can have such a great opportunity, and then just walk away.......

Did anybody see that CNBC interview with Nate and Connor? UFC now sucks for real. I kinda saw it coming already, but jus wasn't expecting it for a lil while longer. UFC has dug their own hole and is now jumping in it. Once Anderson retires, I think I'll be done.

what was the interview like that makes you say that?

It's hard to explain. It was this lady just asking how much Connor makes, and then baiting Nate asking the same and having the dumbest questions that followed. I just couldn't get the thought of "is this what fighting has turned into." out of my mind.
Somebody pointed it out (which was a very shocking realization) that there's all these fans of Connor that have no idea what mma is, and have only joined because of his circus. What a joke if that's true. But then again, it does ring true jus due to the fact that people are defending this guy to death. Cmon people. He just punched Nate in the hand on their face off last night! What kind of **** is that? Total ***** move, but yet people still defend his behavior.
I tried to like the guy (Connor), but now I jus can't stand seeing so many fighters, fight their ass off and get no respect from the UFC. Connor runs his mouth and fights short notice fights, and gets lucky with the last one (and I would have been saying the same exact thing if Aldo did the same). The UFC is jus cash grabbing and it's ruining the sport. It's something my brother predicted, which funny enough I thought would never happen. Three years later, fight pass, reebok, Connor, sage, page, rousey.
Granted a couple of those people have been dismantled, but believe the UFC with pave their way from now on and give them the "safe fights", much like Connor. It's just a joke. I hope Nate beats this clown, but the excuses of "oh he wasn't fighting in his class" will pop up conveniently.
Plus what's this **** of him fighting lawlor?? I'm pretty sure there's somebody else out there that fought his ass off to get to that position. But watch out now! We gotta give it to Connor. Whatever

The ufc has never been stronger,and i am buzzing to see the main event tomorrow night, if he beats nate which seems like a tall order bring on lawlor or dos anjos, you only get one shot at this go big or go down in flames either way its a groundbreaking time in the ufc.

The ufc has never been stronger,and i am buzzing to see the main event tomorrow night, if he beats nate which seems like a tall order bring on lawlor or dos anjos, you only get one shot at this go big or go down in flames either way its a groundbreaking time in the ufc.

how would beating Nate be a tall order? Nate took the fight on two weeks notice, has nowhere near the preparation he should have for a 5 rd fight and is the easiest opponent they could find that would still bring in lots of $$$. I'm not saying Nate is a bad fighter, but he's one dimensional and defn not in good enough shape for this fight. This is an easy fight for Conor imo and that's why the UFC gave it to him. If Conor was so ok with going up to 170, give him Wonderboy, or Condit, or Woodley, etc. There is a good list of 155ers that would have gladly taken a fight against Conor on short notice and would've been a much tougher fight than Nate as well.

I do give Conor some credit for being so willing to jump around weight classes, but in reality, if he is fighting at 170, no way he ever even defends that 145lb belt, so it's going to be a tough task for him to hold two belts at once unless the UFC comes with more garbage interim belts. This would be the biggest upset in UFC history if Nate wins imo. The Tate/Holm fight is more intriguing to me. I don't follow the circus stuff that goes on outside the cage between fighters, so all the media scrums and what not don't do anything for me.

Yeah sure the UFC is "stronger than ever" but believe me it's jus a matter of time before a nose dive happens. Maybe I'm wrong, but hey, they're already losing a lot of fans because of all of this.

people either love or hate Conor, just like Rousey. Right now, he has everyone wanting to watch him and his antics, especially in the US. He has more bandwagon fans than the Golden State Warriors and that means huge $$$. I'm not sure if I heard this right, but Nate is making 1mill from this fight? I don't think the guy has made that much in his whole career combined. It is the UFConor right now.

Back