Types of people that collect "High End Collectibles"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only collect PFs and don't really see them as toys. Toys are made to be played with and PFs or even full sculpt statues are not made to be played with. I don't really care though if someone says I collect toys because non collectors probably don't differentiate between a $400 collectable statue and a $10 toy from Walmart.

I only collect PFs and don't really see them as toys. Toys are made to be played with and PFs or even full sculpt statues are not made to be played with. I don't really care though if someone says I collect toys because non collectors probably don't differentiate between a $400 collectable statue and a $10 toy from Walmart.

it's still considered a figurine, a statue if you insist but figurines need to have any articulations. and if the statue is made from rubber/plastic, well, it will be less statuy but more figurish.

it's still considered a figurine, a statue if you insist but figurines need to have any articulations. and if the statue is made from rubber/plastic, well, it will be less statuy but more figurish.
Such wisdom. I bow before the potato.

Well what about Hummel figurines? Are they toys? Normal Rockwell figurines are toys? I see them as collectable figurines sure, but not toys. PF's and full sculpt statues are the same IMO. A 1/6 figure that's meant to be posed and "played with" is different. That's just my take on it, but as I said, if someones says I collect toys then that's fine too. Doesn't bother me.

Well what about Hummel figurines? Are they toys? Normal Rockwell figurines are toys? I see them as collectable figurines sure, but not toys. PF's and full sculpt statues are the same IMO. A 1/6 figure that's meant to be posed and "played with" is different. That's just my take on it, but as I said, if someones says I collect toys then that's fine too. Doesn't bother me.

All toys are collect-ables, that is why they always say :"EACH FIGURES SOLD SEPARATELY, COLLECT THEM ALL!" in their adverts.

If you consider a $500 statue a toy then more power to you. Give them to your kids so they can play with them.

I've said it before, but... calling this stuff High-end is what the manufacturers uses to justify ridiculous prices. This stuff is NOT high art; were not collecting Rodin's; no true art collector would collect this stuff. We collect it because we like it, but in all seriousness, it gets harder and harder to justify the prices, when I could be collecting original art rather than cheaply made statues that are over-priced.

I've said it before, but... calling this stuff High-end is what the manufacturers uses to justify ridiculous prices. This stuff is NOT high art; were not collecting Rodin's; no true art collector would collect this stuff. We collect it because we like it, but in all seriousness, it gets harder and harder to justify the prices, when I could be collecting original art rather than cheaply made statues that are over-priced.

These are high end, I don't see anyone claiming they are high art. They are simply at the upper end of the pricing spectrum for this particular segment of products. Sounds like this hobby is not for you if all you can do it talk it down and use silly arguments like that. Good luck saving up for that Rodin.

I just dub myself a collector. I still consider them toys regardless only because I do play with them. I don't care, I paid for it and I expect my money's worth of enjoyment and fun. I collect Masterpiece Transformers and they cost can cost a pretty penny. But I have a ton of fun with them; transforming them on a daily basis and rolling them around. Yeah, I don't think I grew up in that sense.

1/6 figures, I have a few and I have some fun with them as well. Not as much fun as the Transformers, but still I get my mileage with them. LOL.

I just dub myself a collector. I still consider them toys regardless only because I do play with them. I don't care, I paid for it and I expect my money's worth of enjoyment and fun. I collect Masterpiece Transformers and they cost can cost a pretty penny. But I have a ton of fun with them; transforming them on a daily basis and rolling them around. Yeah, I don't think I grew up in that sense.

1/6 figures, I have a few and I have some fun with them as well. Not as much fun as the Transformers, but still I get my mileage with them. LOL.

Masterpiece are considered very affordable if you compare other alternatives for the price. Do you keep them in robot mode or car mode?

Masterpiece are considered very affordable if you compare other alternatives for the price. Do you keep them in robot mode or car mode?
True, but it is supposed to be 'top-tier' compared to the regular toy line and meant as an adult collectible. Which means in this definition 'high-end'. This is why I really don't bother with the term. Collectible or Adult Collectible is more suited here as it is more realistic to me than tattooing something 'high-end'. Just my personal take on it.

In terms of displaying, I keep them in either mode as I like rotating things around and keeping my collection more lively. As I said I do like to play with them. :)

Back