Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses Project CANCELLED! Request refund now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Petition:Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses.

This has been going on for an awfully long time for just a pair of tiny glasses. :monkey3 :lol

i want to buy it 2pcs....!!
thx!!

Hey everyone,
WGP wanted to update everyone on the FC glasses and what a freaking nightmare they have become (laugh).

You know they have been sculpted but we have printed four different masters now and the frames are so thin they snap during sanding or they break in the mold.

Our final option now is that we have actually looked into factories to make them, and they say they can, but the price would be $50 pair.

Still trying to find out if that would include the frame painting.

Please let us know if you guys would still be interested in us persuing this.
Thanks!
-Rick

Last edited:

Hey everyone,
WGP wanted to update everyone on the FC glasses and what a freaking nightmare they have become (laugh).

You know they have been sculpted but we have printed four different masters now and the frames are so thin they snap during sanding or they break in the mold.

Our final option now is that we have actually looked into factories to make them, and they say they can, but the price would be $50 pair.

Thanks!
-Rick

Any pictures for our reference first? :wave

Hey everyone,

Thanks!
-Rick

Of course!
I'm still interested!
I need it :D

Sent a PM, pls get back to me when you have a sec Rick, I don't really want to lay out $100 for toy sunglasses.

Sent a PM, pls get back to me when you have a sec Rick, I don't really want to lay out $100 for toy sunglasses.
Agreed. I didn't pay that much for my own 1/1 versions. :)

I originally put down a depo for 3, but there is no way I'll be spending $150 for 3 pair now. :(

Are these getting done? I want a pair.:clap

Any new word on these? I just discovered a great way to customize the Brothers Production version for something pretty damn close. Why not do these in thin metal?

Hey everyone,

Thanks!
-Rick

I'm thinking about asking for my depo back.
I originally put down a depo for 3, but there is no way I'll be spending $150 for 3 pair now. :(

Oh I almost forgot.
Yeah I would like my depo back if it's possible, don't think that will ever happen sadly :-(

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give a new update on the glasses which we haven't forgotten about. Kato actually kindly dropped a PM and gave us the name of someone who had done this type of project before with great success. So we had to print another physical copy, again, for this to happen, This newest print of the glasses we were told should be finished Mon. Once we get them and have them mailed to us, they can be cleaned and passed on. It will be a few more months because we are also in the process of cleaning 23 heads, and once cleaned we will try this once more. We took very few payments on these, but will honor the original price for those that had already paid. For those that do want a refund however, just PM.
-Rick

Glad to see this is still alive and kicking. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Good news, indeed. :wave Remy and Rick - I've been on the interest list (#17) since the beginning, but haven't paid anything yet. Are there going to be glasses available to us on the list? I'd still like a pair.... And if so, what is the cost looking to be?

I wouldnt exactly call it good news, so much as exactly whats been said for a year now, gotta try something new and see how that goes, check back in a few months. :dunno

In other words could still be no progress at all.

It seems like this is the story on all the projects and I'm not going to lie, it has me worried.

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give a new update on the glasses which we haven't forgotten about. Kato actually kindly dropped a PM and gave us the name of someone who had done this type of project before with great success. So we had to print another physical copy, again, for this to happen, This newest print of the glasses we were told should be finished Mon. Once we get them and have them mailed to us, they can be cleaned and passed on. It will be a few more months because we are also in the process of cleaning 23 heads, and once cleaned we will try this once more.
-Rick

UPDATE

Hey all, just wanted to give a mass WGP update that we were told all of our massive printing order is supposed to be done by the end of the week (including the later add-ons line Jensen Ackles, Lance Henriksen, etc ). :hi5:

From there they get shipped to Sean in the UK for inspection, which he then cleans and get cast. More updates once we get them in hand!

UPDATE

Hey all, just wanted to give a mass WGP update that we were told all of our massive printing order is supposed to be done by the end of the week (including the later add-ons line Jensen Ackles, Lance Henriksen, etc ). :hi5:

From there they get shipped to Sean in the UK for inspection, which he then cleans and get cast. More updates once we get them in hand!

Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

UPDATE

I can't imagine another 2-3 weeks of no updates would indicate success in those massive batches recieved, is it more printing errors or what? I hate to say anything about WGP in particular but given how many artists here have ripped people off, I hope you won't take it personally if I once again ask for a refund here. Too many things going, too many deposits taken, and zero results is not reassuring.

Last edited:

Hey Deckard

If you want a refund - well we really won't hold it against you man. I would totally want a refund if I was in your position! Me and Rick have both been in this same position - paying something which never arrived, and I cannot blame people for thinking this is what is happening at the moment - to all of our projects. I gotta level with you - we messed up big time, but really - this is mainly down to how fussy we've been, not excepting heads because of slight size problems etc. This is not a good business strategy to take I guess - we should have done what allot of companies do and just release the first print, and then release it again (a better version) a few months later making people pay a second time - but we just think that would suck - we wanted to be known for excellent and flawless products.

We have a bundle of projects going on at the moment - that is for sure, but we've only taken a handful of pre-payments and once we found that the we were having problems we refused to take any more pre-payments - so we are paying for all of these re-prints and molding fees out of our own pocket. I'd love to take everybody's money to help pay for the printing and molding of all of our projects but Rick has explained to me that this would be a bad idea - and I can see why now! (it would make us seem really dodgy - lol! ) So now I'm having to pay $2000 + out of my own pocket to pay for this, hoping that this is all gonna work out!

The bottom line is, we're only doing this because we love it, which is probably why we suck as business men :)

But if there is anyone out there that would like a refund for a project that they have already paid for but are fed up with waiting - pm us - we have nothing to hide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back