Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand if he had a bad experience with someone here he has to punish those of us that want more Firefly sculpts from him. I wanted to purchase Inara last year but he wasn't offering here then and then he stops offering them.
Too bad.

I don't understand if he had a bad experience with someone here he has to punish those of us that want more Firefly sculpts from him. I wanted to purchase Inara last year but he wasn't offering here then and then he stops offering them.
Too bad.

No, that's not the case. You all have to understand how busy he is. He isn't sitting at home twiddling his thumbs wondering what to do with his day. The guy is busy with actual work. He did a really good thing and offered out a lot of sculpts at a certain time for people. Then it had to be placed on hold because he was just busy.

You think SSC is sitting there thinking 'hey, I think we should add an additional 1000 pcs to our Ms. Marvel PF's so that all the people that weren't there when she was ready to ship, will now get one." ?

Give the guy a break. I am sorry to hear that you missed out, that does really suck. But it just happened that way. I also remember Trevor specifically stating that he 'may' offer them again in the future. I think a little more respect needs to be shown for a guy who has done so much for us.

Don't get mad at Trevor, get mad at the scumbag who was recasting his work. The truly ironic part about it was that he offered them so cheap it was ridiculous. I've purchased other custom sculpts from other artists that were much more expensive and significantly lower quality and some hoser has to rip the man off.
Trevor is the nicest, most honorable guys I've had the good fortune to know, its really not accurate to think of him as "punishing" anyone. Just keep your eyes open since I've seen several people selling off their FF crews (which stuns me, but to each his own.)
I also wish he wasn't so busy because he keeps doing these awesome portraits forcing me to buy them.

I am really enjoying going back and seeing how people's are coming along. After we move I will finally be able to start refocussing on these babies again! They come with a hefty price but are so very worth it. I'll be getting my final portraits painted and drilled out and replacing the bodies that I haven't yet. Which is everyone but Zoë and Jayne. They have HT bodies.

I wont be paying them any attention over the next 10 months. Once the new year comes again (which will happen faster than we'd all like) I will be back in this thread with updates. I'm really, really excited!

No, that's not the case. You all have to understand how busy he is. He isn't sitting at home twiddling his thumbs wondering what to do with his day. The guy is busy with actual work. He did a really good thing and offered out a lot of sculpts at a certain time for people. Then it had to be placed on hold because he was just busy.

You think SSC is sitting there thinking 'hey, I think we should add an additional 1000 pcs to our Ms. Marvel PF's so that all the people that weren't there when she was ready to ship, will now get one." ?

Give the guy a break. I am sorry to hear that you missed out, that does really suck. But it just happened that way. I also remember Trevor specifically stating that he 'may' offer them again in the future. I think a little more respect needs to be shown for a guy who has done so much for us.

Don't get mad at Trevor, get mad at the scumbag who was recasting his work. The truly ironic part about it was that he offered them so cheap it was ridiculous. I've purchased other custom sculpts from other artists that were much more expensive and significantly lower quality and some hoser has to rip the man off.
Trevor is the nicest, most honorable guys I've had the good fortune to know, its really not accurate to think of him as "punishing" anyone. Just keep your eyes open since I've seen several people selling off their FF crews (which stuns me, but to each his own.)
I also wish he wasn't so busy because he keeps doing these awesome portraits forcing me to buy them.

:lecture :lecture :lecture
He's a super nice guy and he was getting burnt out between his main work and these side projects. Dealing with orders, casting and mailing all those pieces himself while doing the SS gig and having some kind of life ain't sustainable forever.

I am really enjoying going back and seeing how people's are coming along. After we move I will finally be able to start refocussing on these babies again! They come with a hefty price but are so very worth it. I'll be getting my final portraits painted and drilled out and replacing the bodies that I haven't yet. Which is everyone but Zoë and Jayne. They have HT bodies.

I wont be paying them any attention over the next 10 months. Once the new year comes again (which will happen faster than we'd all like) I will be back in this thread with updates. I'm really, really excited!

planning custom projects a year in advance? I love it. :clap

For sure. While there is no doubt that someone recasting would irk you, I was more under the impression that Trevor simply had some major projects to do, hence why his side projects are on hold. Totally understandable. Trevor comes across as an incredibly humble guy, so while a bummer that I and some others have missed these for the time being, fingers crossed that somewhere down the track they will be offered again. And if not - well, I'll just keep being in awe of Trevs work on everything he does, and wish him all the best on his sideshow projects. Peace :)

Trevor is just very busy and I agree with everyone's compliments. He is a huge asset to this hobby both in his professional and private roles.

Edit:

God choices, but I would go for the narrow or the advanced for Wash. It is such a large head (probably the largest of Trevor's heads) and might look a bit bobblehead-ish on a slim.

I completely agree with this assessment. I also wanted to use a slim, but even clothed, the head looked way too large. I read that Alan Tudyk is six feet tall, so he is larger than Sean Maher. Just put Mal on a wide-shoulder or more muscular body and he will sit nicely between Jayne and Wash.

On a TT narrow:
picture.php

Last edited:
That thing is amazing man. I can't believe she'll be on my shelf soon.

Thought you would be interested in the body she is going on. The rig is on order from Stevo, and I still have to make a couple small things like her armband and necklace, but she is more or less complete.

IMG_1581.jpg

Also a couple more shots of my crew in progress:

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

Also I want to give Evilface a shout out for his awesome decals:
IMG_1577.jpg

I really hope that one day you decide to start taking commissions again, as it would really make me proud to have a whole crew painted by you.

Back