Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was mediocre. Worth seeing once for Ms. Fox and the CGI. That's about it. Many cringe-worthy moments, but that's a Bay film. The IMAX version has longer fight scenes, if that's your thing. This will still make a ^^^^ ton of $$$.

and from what I hear, Starscream and Megatron have more of their "classic" relationship. I want to see Starscream undercutting Megatron and being the backhanded weasel that I love.

Make sure you pay close attention to the first scene they have together as I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Roger Ebert hates this movie (he liked the first one):

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

The plot is incomprehensible. The dialog of the Autobots, Deceptibots and Otherbots is meaningless word flap. Their accents are Brooklyese, British and hip-hop, as befits a race from the distant stars. Their appearance looks like junkyard throw-up. They are dumb as a rock. They share the film with human characters who are much more interesting, and that is very faint praise indeed.....

Read the rest here:
https://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997

Ebert likes The Happening.
White people talk like "gangstas" too.....

He liked the first Transformers movie, for what that's worth.

White people are one thing, but I'd rather not hear robots obnoxiously try to sound like gangstas, I guess.

I am interested to see how the transformers/fallen, ties in with the mythology and truths of the Nephilim...its very clear, the ideas (also from speilberg). that the transformers are based off of Fallen Angels (called aliens in the film) and the Giants (that once existed) the transformers are metaphors of these half fallen angel (alien) and half human...Hollywood/Fantasy mimics reality, and is disquised as entertainment.They are very aware of this

Genesis chapter 6

I am interested to see how the transformers/fallen, ties in with the mythology and truths of the Nephilim...its very clear, the ideas (also from speilberg). that the transformers are based off of Fallen Angels (called aliens in the film) and the Giants (that once existed) the transformers are metaphors of these half fallen angel (alien) and half human...Hollywood/Fantasy mimics reality, and is disquised as entertainment.They are very aware of this

Genesis chapter 6

:google:google:google

Damn Illuminatti...:cuss

Genesis chapter 6

But watching the films, it's like trying to see a message or the messiah in a burnt piece of toast.

Genesis chapter 6

dude it's michael bay FFS....there is no code or hidden message, just enjoy the carnage :lol

Irish, you live in Georgia and you don't hear whites talk like that?

Nope. Rednecks have a drawl and a twang. They don't sound like gangsta rappers or the racist crows from DUMBO (which in its "defense" came out in 1941... obviously a much different time).

Okay fellow freaks...

I just have returned from the movie. And I have to say I liked it!!! :rock :rock :rock

Although I also have to say it wasn't as good as the first one... Maybe I had my hopes up to high, but it wasn't as good as I hoped it to be.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS AFTER THIS POINT!!! DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

But now, after ranting about the negative things here are some the possitive ones (too many to list all :)):

Spoiler Spoiler:

Okay, I'm aware that my negative points are more and perhaps better explained, but overall I didn't think this movie was bad. Not at all!!!

I rated the first one a 9.5, this one gets a solid 8 in my book! It does what it is supposed to do, be an awesome summer-blockbuster :rock :rock :rock

All I can say is: Go watch it! If you liked/loved the first one, you're really gonna like this. If you didn't like the first one... well, you might be less enthousiastic...

Genesis chapter 6

Wow Temmu.:horror

Is this the only topic you can conversate about? Especially when more than half the people here DON"T want to talk about it...

Interesting:

Article by Zombiezeus
"Transformers 2" Robots Almost Broke ILM
I can’t sum up this story better than this paragraph straight from the source (scifiwire.com):

"Visual-effects supervisor Scott Farrar was in charge of turning Industrial Light & Magic’s computers up to 11 to create the new characters and told reporters that the sequel features 40 new characters. That and the increased resolution of the characters for new IMAX footage nearly exhausted ILM’s render farms: After one hard night of rendering computer-generated footage, some of the hardware actually exploded."

Yes, folks:
"the hardware actually exploded."

Michael Bay is so obsessed with explosions that he needs to make them happen WITH his movies, not just IN his movies. MY GOD.

OK, I will admit I’m a little impressed by that in and of itself. Still doesn’t make me want to see the movie.

The article is very interesting in a tech-geeky way, and what they’ve accomplished is beyond insane. To whit:

"To give you some sense of just how big Devastator is, Farrar said that Optimus Prime has 10,000 moving parts. The computer algorithms actually manipulate each part to go from truck to standing robot. Well, Devastator is made up of upwards of 80,000 parts."

The best analogy I can come up with for this is that it’s like building the Taj Mahal and then filling it with stray cats, roaches, and metric tons of ^^^^.

They spent an awful lot of time and effort on making the robots do things that no one can actually follow and on characters that no one can differentiate. Seriously, folks, it’s gonna suck. But at least you know a whoooooollle lotta effort went into making it suck so hard. Yowza.

Spoiler question.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler question.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Answer:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nope. Rednecks have a drawl and a twang. They don't sound like gangsta rappers or the racist crows from DUMBO (which in its "defense" came out in 1941... obviously a much different time).

Oh well, there are whites that sound just like these guys here.

Add a British accent and they'd be Chavs in England!

I just think if it were that blatant that blacks would be complaining but so far I haven't found anything but a few fans (I'm assuming white) who hate the movie saying anything about it. I've seen the trailer with them in, but haven't seen the movie. In the trailer they just sound like dummies, which could be any color. I honestly didn't think black when I saw or heard them.

I was just thinking back about the film and I have a question for people who have seen it...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Bud just want to ask how long is the movie? Thanks

I was just thinking back about the film and I have a question for people who have seen it...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back