Toys R Us = Dumb

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, new Indy toys warrant more a of a Mid-afternoon, Brunch-ish Madness.
Maybe a little Early Bird Madness.

I went to Midnight Madness for Episode I and III. Missed it for episode II but went the next morning and I got everything I wanted, except Dooku he was hard as crap to find then. I'm sure there'll beplenty of Indy stuff to go around. Especially with the wat Wal-Mart orders Hasbro product, GI Joe notwithstanding. I'm really anxious for it though! I want my truck chase scene!!!:banghead

I go to Toys R Us fairly often to look for clearance deals and to see toys in person that I would otherwise only be able to see online. I recently visited several while I was traveling and was very surprised at the huge Speed Racer sections. They've put the Speed Racer stuff in the prime "front of the store" sections where they had the Transformers stuff when the movie was still in theaters. I guess well see how that works out.

They've put the Speed Racer stuff in the prime "front of the store" sections where they had the Transformers stuff when the movie was still in theaters. I guess well see how that works out.

you always have to rememeber though, that in most cases the areas in a store the merch is found is actually purchased. Not so much the store's decision to put it there.
Marketing pays big $$ for those front-of-store spots to put their product ...

For the last 18 months U.K. tru's have been dominated by Doctor Who, save for the two months Transformers had the front of store display. Don't think Indy will get that mucch attention, new Doctor Who will still be on when KotCS comes out.

I work for TRU and we just got in the IJ toys in on our truck today. We of course have to put them into a bay till street date. I only looked at the little cartoon figures, since those are the only ones I'm going to collect. There was a bunch that are one per case.

The Indy toys I think will be big. Our Lego IJ toys kept selling out like CRAZY when they first came out and still are consistant sales, we're always out of at least one of the sets. We kept gettting LOTS of calls about them and even lots of people asking about them when we were sold out for a bit. I even had a little girl who was with her grandmother that wanted them. Then a mother was asking about if there were going to be toys for the film. I of course told her there was going to be a whole lot of stuff and she was very happy. It seems there is a BIG buzz on the playground or maybe with some big commercial push that's making a craze on the younger crowd. Odd.

A lot of Wal-Marts around the country having been putting the Hasbro stuff out early. And I mean ALL OF IT.

I saw a new KOTCS Lego set. It was a HUGE temple and had Mutt and Indy, not sure who else. Looked cool but not for the $80. I'm anxious to see the Hasbro stuff and it's only a week away. Saw the new Batman crap...is Mattel even trying with those? Anyway, I'm pumped for the Indy product and thankfully next week IS a payweek! :rock

I work for TRU and we just got in the IJ toys in on our truck today. We of course have to put them into a bay till street date. I only looked at the little cartoon figures, since those are the only ones I'm going to collect. There was a bunch that are one per case.

Thank goodness the only toys I want are the Mighty Muggs, and I'm pre-ordering all of those on the Web. Poor kids, they are going to be left with peg warmers once all the collectors/scalpers cherry pick the rare/chase/one-per-case figures.

My across the border (US) Wal-Mart will be completely devoid of collectors (just as it was back when the Ep. III stuff came out) and I'll be able to wheel up a cart and take my time to pick and choose what I want... That's if I get something-- still not 100% I'm jumping into the Hasbro Indy line with gusto...

Let me tell you....these Speed Racer toys do not sell! Maybe when the movie comes out...maybe..and thats a big MAYBE...but the problem is...NOBODY cares! I have sold only a couple pieces,if that, from a huge 4 foot section and they keep sending more....
I am waiting on Indiana Jones figures! Next truck perhaps..I'll be buying a set.

PS. no waiting for me and some store employee telling me I cant buy these!

Back