Toys Era - Guardians of the Galaxy - Ronan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got him! He has a lot of shelf presence... and the GOTG really needed a villain in their midst.

COMP 2.jpg

I have not yet added the ankle extenders.

Despite the uniform coloring, the outfit really does pop because the light catches on all the little details. I'm really impressed. Also, the sculpt is good in hand.

In the con column, the outfit restricts almost all torso movement and head movement (except some side to side). The "cape strands" in back (for lack of a better term) came glued crooked on mine -- all slightly tilted as if blowing in the wind -- but it doesn't show up like that when they are hanging. The hammer's cool but the handle is metal and really heavy. I wonder if he can support a two-hand hammer hold for an extended period? I chose to use the hammer as a 'third leg'.

All in all, I love villains so, for me, this is well worth the cost. I feel lucky to have managed to grab one of these.

If you want a figure with a lot of posing possibilities, this isn't for you. But if you're good with a basic museum pose, then there is no better Ronan out there.

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips on this guy? I know there's very little to futz but maybe someone has learned a good trick or two besides extending the height?

The one thing I noticed is that shiny black turtleneck collar. Some pictures have it low, some have it up high. At first I thought it was where the headsculpt ended but its actually very thin material. I simply pushed mine down, giving him a longer neck. He didn't have a shiny black collar in the movie.

t-neck adjust COMP.jpg

That looks so much better with the turtleneck dropped down so I'm definitely doing that. Additionally, the cowl on my figure is slightly off center and just noticeable enough to be irksome. Gonna' try some heat treatment to make some minor adjustments.

Anyone need one of those CR316 batteries? I know they are hard to come by sometimes. DM me if needed. Thx

Anyone have any tips on this guy? I know there's very little to futz but maybe someone has learned a good trick or two besides extending the height?

The one thing I noticed is that shiny black turtleneck collar. Some pictures have it low, some have it up high. At first I thought it was where the headsculpt ended but its actually very thin material. I simply pushed mine down, giving him a longer neck. He didn't have a shiny black collar in the movie.

View attachment 542868
Problem is that little undershirt falls down as reveals the flesh tone body 🙄🙄

Back