Tough Guys TG-8007 1/6 Scale The Mighty God (Classic Comic Book Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJG1

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Tough Guys TG-8007 1/6 Scale The mighty god

Features:
- Head sculpt x 2 (including two helmets)
- Upper body armor x 2 (including front and rear armor)
- Belt x 1
- Leg armor x 2
- Bracers x 2
- Shoes x 2
- Pants x 1
- Cloak x 1
- Hammer x 1
- Axe x 1
- Stand x 1
- Hand x 8
1653437852100.png

1653437904434.png

1653437936010.png

1653437957357.png
1653437974870.png
1653437993622.png

1653438019309.png
1653438040932.png

1653438063817.png

1653438077282.png
1653438091020.png

1653438112296.png
1653438126933.png
1653438143600.png

Yeahhh…😬

I’ll say this much, I do appreciate someone (anyone!) making the effort for more comic-style figures.

Sideshow’s looks better. It’s funny seeing ppl on FB saying how good this thing looks and that it's so awesome. I think even some said this looks better than MCU Thor :slap

Last edited:
God I've wanted a classic Thor for so long. It's one of my biggest wishes for 1/6. But, man, this... It looks like a big ass happy meal toy. The head sculpt is off, the cape looks cheap as ****, helmet doesn't even fit right.

I'm wondering if I can salvage it with a TBL body and maybe a Hemsworth sculpt or something.

Deja Vu. Read the same proto-complaints about Present Toys Jones. Then the figure was released and everyone lost their damn minds! You know, it's less than $200 out the door. Not a big investment. Worth the risk. I ordered it. I had planned to buy one of the custom comic versions that are in development, but that would have cost me upwards of $350, so maybe this will be better in the long run. We shall see.

Saw this yesterday. I'm tempted to buy this just because it's a classic comic book Thor. I passed on the SS version, and sometimes regret it, but it wasn't very good. Especially for the price. His body was way too small, his hammer too plasticky looking, and not really being a classic comic Thor.

I wonder too if somehow this could be salvaged with a good seamless TBLeague muscle body & maybe a HT Thor head swap. What hurts this most is the rooted hair, and the helmet looks odd. Like it's just sitting on the top of his head. Probably due to the puffiness of the rooted hair. The bearded head looks even worse with the rooted hair. But the costume and Mjolnir look good, and the helmet (just not on the head). Also curious about the scale of Jarnbjorn. I picked up a parted out one from the ACPlay Lightning Warrior. It was done extremely well, but it is way too small and undersized. It looks better with 1:12 scale 6/7" figures than with a 1:6 scale 12" figure. And it's hefty since it's made of metal. This one does look to be better in scale, but still a little undersized.

I've never really bought any of these off brand 1:6 scale figures before, so I have no idea of the quality.

:dunno

Deja Vu. Read the same proto-complaints about Present Toys Jones. Then the figure was released and everyone lost their damn minds! You know, it's less than $200 out the door. Not a big investment. Worth the risk. I ordered it. I had planned to buy one of the custom comic versions that are in development, but that would have cost me upwards of $350, so maybe this will be better in the long run. We shall see.
What are these "custom comic versions" you're referring to for 350?

Has Tough Guys made anything else noteworthy that would suggest that their final product will be immensely petter than the proto?

I'd love for this to be like Present Toys Indy, but.. Even that one was at least halfway decent in the proto shots.

Definitely having regrets on preordering this, with the Hono Studios by Hot Toys Comic Thor to be announced soon.

This was supposed to be released Q4 2022.
Now I am hoping it doesn’t get released at all, since I am sure the Hono one will be much better.
Looking forward to seeing that one.

Definitely having regrets on preordering this, with the Hono Studios by Hot Toys Comic Thor to be announced soon.

This was supposed to be released Q4 2022.
Now I am hoping it doesn’t get released at all, since I am sure the Hono one will be much better.
Looking forward to seeing that one.

Who did you order with? I'd just cancel and take the NRD loss.

Who did you order with? I'd just cancel and take the NRD loss.
Thanks. I ordered with Onesixthkit. Thinking about it but then again I am not sure at this point if it will be released at all. It’s already running one year late.

Back