Top 10 "hardly ever mentioned" Buffy episodes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlc38tlc38

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to come up with a top 10 list of Buffy episodes that are not all that common and not talked about much. You're not going to see "OMWF" or "Hush" on this list. Feel free to come up with your own lists. I'd like to see some other episodes that aren't all that popular but may still be some people's favorites.

1. "Witch"
2. "Ted"
3. "Help"
4. "Normal Again"
5. "The Freshman"
6. "Enemies"
7. "Passion"
8. "Homecoming"
9. "Hell's Bells"
10. "Go Fish"

I actually often hear that Passion is a favorite, and it's definitly a favorite of mine. It gets lots of praise as well. But I guess it depends on where you talk to people about it.

I checked a list with all the eps to see which ones that made me go "Yeah, that one! I never hear about that one." But after going through season 1 and 7 I realized I didn't want to make a huge list and then have to narrow it down, trying to remember how often they were talked about. So here are not so popular eps from those seasons.

The Harvest
Sleeper
Never Leave me
Bring on the night
Potential

I think 'The Zeppo' is a brilliant little standalone episode, and I'm a big fan of 'grave' too. Interestingly, both of these episodes share something in common, where Xander is the unsung hero. 'The Gift' is quite brilliant too, but I imagine that is one that is likely in the 'big gun' episode category.. :)

You can't have a list like this and NOT mention "Beer Bad." :D

Aside from Becoming Part I and II, which is common fave (but I'll still mention regardless), I'd say some of the lesser mentioned faves which deserve more credit include:

"Passion" - Most definitely (and probably the top of my list)
"Restless"
"I Only Have Eyes For You"
"School Hard" <---- I can't leave that one out, even though it's a popular fave
"Normal Again"
"Angel"
"The Prom"
"Wild at Heart"
"Lessons" *
"Beneath You" *

* I list these last two because they have arguably some of the most powerful scenes, I feel, in the entire series. The monologue(s) by the First (as Adam, Glory, the Master, etc. etc.) as it talks to Spike. That scene still gives me chills.

And then again in "Lessons," when Buffy realizes that Spike has had his soul restored. Spike lies on the cross and asks 'Can we rest?'

So. Much. Awesomeness.

I'll carry on more in this thread this weekend. Got to make my nightly rounds first tonight. :lol

Awesome lists though, everyone. :rock

Back