TOMY Prestige Select Die-cast 1/350 Scale Enterprise Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
If they’re contemplating refunds, they should delay shipments and rework the models to correct those issues.

Who is going to trust them next time around, weren’t they talking about doing the refit?

Fix your issues.

It was partly due to the seam issue and that they seemed to be following the same disinformation tact on the BTTF time machine that I backed out at the last minute. Well at least I didn't try to fix the payment issue when it rejected. The non-numbered COA is probably happening with the DeLorean too. Plus *plastic* lightning rod? Come on!

Really tired of companies pretending like WE need THEM and not the other way around or at the very least a symbiotic relationship. Eaglemoss/HeroCollector, BCS and others giving their customers the shaft has really put up my guard and set a short fuse to putting up with dodgy excuses, broken promises and mysterious delays.

Last edited:

It was partly due to the seam issue and that they seemed to be following the same disinformation tact on the BTTF time machine that I backed out at the last minute. Well at least I didn't try to fix the payment issue when it rejected. The non-numbered COA is probably happening with the DeLorean too. Plus *plastic* lightning rod? Come on!

Really tired of companies pretending like WE need THEM and not the other way around or at the very least a symbiotic relationship. Eaglemoss/HeroCollector, BCS and others giving their customers the shaft has really put up my guard and set a short fuse to putting up with dodgy excuses, broken promises and mysterious delays.
what happened with the BTTF campaign? that's not one I'm involved with but im curious since it sounds like there were problems there as well

They tried to get away with cheaping out with an (apparently major) painted detail. And instead of owning up to it, strung people along until the poison became so thick in their Facebook group they had to cave and announced the change like 4 days before the campaign end. By that time they had lost a lot of the early buys after making a BIG impact in the first few days.

Btw, is it me or do their video updates seem pretty repetitive, low energy and not all that informative? A little preparation and professionalism would certainly help. You want my money? Probably best not to come off like a bad 90s local cable access interview show 😆

They tried to get away with cheaping out with an (apparently major) painted detail. And instead of owning up to it, strung people along until the poison became so thick in their Facebook group they had to cave and announced the change like 4 days before the campaign end. By that time they had lost a lot of the early buys after making a BIG impact in the first few days.

Btw, is it me or do their video updates seem pretty repetitive, low energy and not all that informative? A little preparation and professionalism would certainly help. You want my money? Probably best not to come off like a bad 90s local cable access interview show 😆

Probably not much worse than some of Sideshow’s livestreams.

In one of TOMY's video updates, one can clearly see the Enterprise being supported using only the secondary hull display base. I wonder if it's still possible to use the stand that way, or if one has to use that ugly primary hull support even when the hulls are not separated.
tomy.JPG

In one of TOMY's video updates, one can clearly see the Enterprise being supported using only the secondary hull display base. I wonder if it's still possible to use the stand that way, or if one has to use that ugly primary hull support even when the hulls are not separated.View attachment 663470

Is that their original styrene prototype or is it a diecast one?

Probably not much worse than some of Sideshow’s livestreams.

Possibly with some of the impromptu's (like the all nighter ones), as I've not watched all (and thanks to the changes and staff turnover of the past couple years I'm now kinda actively avoiding them). But for the most part--and definitely with their scripted "event" feeds--they make the Tomy guys look like complete amateurs. And at least the Sideshow feeds are/we're mildly entertaining--in a no one has slept and this is hilarious out of sheer madness you had to be there kind of way. The Tomy feeds in comparison are so dull to put you to sleep. They either need better prep or someone with marketing experience and/or excitement for the project.

It‘s being talked about by a couple of members in the RPF, that getting rid of the seams were a no go from day one. That it was near impossible because of it being made out of diecast materials to fill in the gaps.

And anything that is usually used by modellers would over time deteriorate and break down for various reasons connected to the diecast.

Essentially the only way to improve on it, are to completely redesign it, which would entail scraping everything already produced, and there is no guarantee that would be possible.

Heck the only things I can think of is either flipping the saucer strut to the other side, which would at least enable us to see the clean side without that obnoxious saucer strut in the way.

Or the far more expensive option and reproduce it so the plug holes are on the other side, as supposedly there is a filming and non-filming side for the original model, and that’s annoying many to no end.

And they could probably easily improve on the weathering on the front end of the saucer section, as at the moment it’s to uniform in nature.

But at the end of the day it comes to why throw good money after bad.
Interesting. If all of this was known by TOMY at the start it’s unfortunate they didn’t disclose that to the buyers. They definitely should’ve designed it with the plugs facing the opposite side, I think that’s more jarring than the few seams I’ve seen. Flaws aside, still a respectable piece.

I wonder if they will be successful at in crowd funding another starship.

Eaglemoss/HeroCollector were the absolute worst with their non-existent customer service. Look at them now.

Interesting. If all of this was known by TOMY at the start it’s unfortunate they didn’t disclose that to the buyers. They definitely should’ve designed it with the plugs facing the opposite side, I think that’s more jarring than the few seams I’ve seen. Flaws aside, still a respectable piece.

Eaglemoss/HeroCollector were the absolute worst with their non-existent customer service. Look at them now.
I think one of Phoenix’s pics shows several plug holes on the bottom of the saucer so it will be difficult to not see them regardless of viewing angle.

I will be keeping mine even with its flaws. My display area is low light by design so I know that will mask things a bit. Also, I have quite a few Star Wars vehicles and ships (toys from the 90s) on display and I thoroughly enjoy them and don’t mind that they’re not perfect. This Enterprise will fit in just fine for me. I am hoping the saucer and nacelle joints are strong enough to let me suspend 30lbs from my ceiling. I think my Millenium Falcon is around 20lbs but it’s a big solid hunk of plastic.

I used to tell my kids, “it’s all about expectations” - which is the only reason this one is disappointing to me. I’ll get over it and enjoy it for what it is - my coolest version of the Enterprise by far.

If they’re contemplating refunds, they should delay shipments and rework the models to correct those issues.

Who is going to trust them next time around, weren’t they talking about doing the refit?

Fix your issues.

It's a diecast model. Not really a way to fix it. It was a promise they should not have made and we all probably should have realized.

It's a diecast model. Not really a way to fix it. It was a promise they should not have made and we all probably should have realized.

I’m not sure, all of us should have realised it, but maybe a fair chunk of the people on the RPF forum should have I think. And now it looks like they’re starting to cancel in droves.

My original concern at the time was how were they going to meet expectations, especially when they only reached a little more than half their original crowdfunded total needs.

Wow I almost pre-ordered but then got cold feet. Someone done goofed. Obviously, by the stand’s design this was meant to be displayed going from left to right, since that is the only direction we ever see the original ship going in the show. And the original filming model indeed had nothing on the other side: no detailing, no windows, no decals. Just wires to keep the lights on for the side that showed up on film. No idea how the plug holes ended up on the “good” side.

Last edited:

Odd. Of all their problems, I found their CS (at least phone) to be quite helpful. They offered replacements for free without having to send back the original broken or otherwise faulty piece. Which may have been part of the bankruptcy problem. Maybe they were *too* nice in that area and it cost them. Of course it also could have been multiple other things like being too ambitious too fast and poor qc to start. And of course those agonizing delays made all the worse by supposedly "sold out" product in subscriptions on a delay to restock mysteriously showing up on the site with no notice or apologies to those waiting. Meaning about the only reason to have a sub was the low cost intro starter offer (that many just canceled thereafter like the old tape club cons of the 80-90s) and the Specials you had to work up to and could always just buy second hand and have months before your time. So yeah that part was definitely disorganized. But the phone reps were very nice, understanding and giving in my experience.

I’m not sure, all of us should have realised it, but maybe a fair chunk of the people on the RPF forum should have I think. And now it looks like they’re starting to cancel in droves.

My original concern at the time was how were they going to meet expectations, especially when they only reached a little more than half their original crowdfunded total needs.

Well I took a chance. But I did think at the time Bondo on diecast metal....(I'm assuming they used Zamac) .....how are they gonna account for temperature expansion...wouldn't the bondo crack??? That's what I thought but I was thinking maybe they were gonna use a metal composite type of filler and he just used the word bondo.

As for people cancelling. I think people need to take a breather and really see it's a nice diecast metal ship. I want to return my brothers but not sure if I can just return one. So Itsnuo in the air for me right now.

I could see how the resellers market may be on these. Generally Enterprises don't go for more than two to three times their original prices. This one again is unique in the fact that it's metal.

One last thing. Did you try moving the piece of the saucer brace to the other side. Is there a way to maybe attach it to the right side of the display?

Well I took a chance. But I did think at the time Bondo on diecast metal....(I'm assuming they used Zamac) .....how are they gonna account for temperature expansion...wouldn't the bondo crack??? That's what I thought but I was thinking maybe they were gonna use a metal composite type of filler and he just used the word bondo.

As for people cancelling. I think people need to take a breather and really see it's a nice diecast metal ship. I want to return my brothers but not sure if I can just return one. So Itsnuo in the air for me right now.

I could see how the resellers market may be on these. Generally Enterprises don't go for more than two to three times their original prices. This one again is unique in the fact that it's metal.

One last thing. Did you try moving the piece of the saucer brace to the other side. Is there a way to maybe attach it to the right side of the display

It slots into peg holes in the base, and obviously the other side of the base is completely flush.

Ahh. Ok. I'm sure there is an easy fix for that...

I’m not so sure about that. The support strut has a slight curve to it, which even if you did make new peg holes, may make it impossible to correctly align to the other side of the base

Seriously keep me posted. I’m interested and in CONUS. Happy to help you recoup the cost.
I was able to get ahold of Tomy’s customer service and cancel my order for a full refund. I imagine I’m not the only one canceling so, if you’re in the market for one and can live with the plugs/seams, be on the lookout for it in Tomy’s shop.

Back