TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am debating on Samurai Leo. I really don’t know if I want to go down the rabbit hole that deep or not. He does look pretty sweet though.

Regarding getting more than one April from the 1990 film- maybe, but I can easily see her as a one off release. I mean how many of us would really want multiples of her (even if she was in her other looks)? To me she’s very likely a one and done figure. Unless they put a different version of her in a highly desirable two pack or something.

I think given her enthusiasm and help to them (I think in her videos she said she still had some clothing and her earrings to be accurate to the movie), they'll absolutely do another one of her. Because why not? They did a two pack with Raphael just to add the trench coat and hat. I'm getting everything for the first movie, so I'd buy another.

I am debating on Samurai Leo. I really don’t know if I want to go down the rabbit hole that deep or not. He does look pretty sweet though.

I'm excited for that one. I really like all the figures I've gotten so far, so am definitely looking forward to that one. I guess a good thing right now is if you want, you can preorder every wave now that they're reissuing them. Might as well throw some preorders in at BBTS and then cancel if you change your mind. The preorders will run out at some point.

The Turtles themselves are different though. They can be repackaged tons of times over and people will buy them. Plus that release also added Casey Jones so all the more incentive. Maybe we’ll get another April. If we do I’ll consider getting her, but I’m content with just the one release.

The Turtles themselves are different though. They can be repackaged tons of times over and people will buy them. Plus that release also added Casey Jones so all the more incentive. Maybe we’ll get another April. If we do I’ll consider getting her, but I’m content with just the one release.

I know what you mean, I'm sure some will skip a second April. But the reality is that literally anything NECA is putting out in Target and Wal-Mart is selling through in basically minutes/hours after being put on the shelf. NECA must have done 20 new unique character sculpts in their Cartoon line alone, in like a year and a half! I'd love to see what other line they have that has that many unique figures. Literally anything and everything TMNT they do sells immediately now. They're rolling in TMNT dough.

Super7 is doing basically 3 runs of the first wave and now a second run of the second wave of figures too. They're always harping on the "made to order" blah blah blah when they put up a new set of preorders but that TMNT money cannot be denied lol. I'm part of that, I had to have spent close to $1-1500 between the two companies and the movie/cartoon/toy/arcade figures since NECA launched with the SDCC movie set. I don't think I'd spent $100 on TMNT stuff in the previous 25 years lol.

I am debating on Samurai Leo. I really don?t know if I want to go down the rabbit hole that deep or not. He does look pretty sweet though.

I am in the same boat with both the NECA and Super 7 lines now - falling down the rabbit hole of all these deep cut characters/variants, some I fondly remember but others that I only have vague recollections of.

Before I was blindly buying them all but i might start being more selective now, especially when they are $55 a figure like Super 7.

Nostalgia is a hell of a powerful addiction. [emoji23]

Even if I stop collecting, I am just grateful that the original TMNT I grew up got resurrected with more merch - honestly, if I were a betting man, I would never have predicted a Danny or April from TMNT 1990 would ever see the light of day in figure form.

Krang looks pretty sweet as well but I'm with you, I'm not sure how deep down this rabbit hole I want to go. I definitely want the 4 turtles and possibly Shredder, but not sure on the others yet. I'm wanting to collect the Thundercats as well

The Super7 figures are nice. Personally as far as Turtles go though I’m only buying figures from the first two movies. Really mainly the first film, but I did pick up Tokka and Rahzar. I could go down the rabbit hole way too much if I was collecting the cartoon figures.

So any fans of Paige Turco here? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would not say I am necessarily a fan, but if NECA produced a Paige April figure, i would probably buy. [emoji38]

If NECA goes down that road, the problem is the Turtle suits get worse as the sequels went on so the figures would reflect that - I guess they might look like that Mutagen Tour set.

I have a feeling they'll use the first bodies with different paint for SotO and new heads. I don't know if they'd do the third one at all though, but everything's selling so one samurai turtle body would probably be worth it to them.

Krang looks pretty sweet as well but I'm with you, I'm not sure how deep down this rabbit hole I want to go. I definitely want the 4 turtles and possibly Shredder, but not sure on the others yet. I'm wanting to collect the Thundercats as well

I would suggest picking up Bebop and Rocksteady, Bebop is a great figure and I expect Rocksteady will be too.

I totally understand about trying to be selective with these lines though, I'm going through the same thing.

It seems like a Keno figure is coming.

E0BJAczX0AAA39E

I would not say I am necessarily a fan, but if NECA produced a Paige April figure, i would probably buy. [emoji38]

If NECA goes down that road, the problem is the Turtle suits get worse as the sequels went on so the figures would reflect that - I guess they might look like that Mutagen Tour set.

Just as long as they don’t do her TMNT III hair :lol

I would suggest picking up Bebop and Rocksteady, Bebop is a great figure and I expect Rocksteady will be too.

I totally understand about trying to be selective with these lines though, I'm going through the same thing.

Yeah, Rocksteady looks like he will be amazing! I can already feel myself slipping down that rabbit hole :rotfl

It seems like a Keno figure is coming.

E0BJAczX0AAA39E

Perhaps Lootcrate like Danny?

I can not recall a figure line that requires as much attention, patience or is as difficult to collect as NECA and TMNT. [emoji13]

I would take a Keno. Why not? That would basically cover all the main characters from the first couple films seeing as we’re getting a Casey Jones with an Elias Koteas sculpt. Now just give us a Vanilla Ice. :lol. If only NECA could get the rights to the actor who played Tatsu.

I would take a Keno. Why not? That would basically cover all the main characters from the first couple films seeing as we?re getting a Casey Jones with an Elias Koteas sculpt. Now just give us a Vanilla Ice. :lol. If only NECA could get the rights to the actor who played Tatsu.

What about a Sam Rockwell figure from TMNT 1? [emoji38]

The only Oscar award winning actor from TMNT.

Back