TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The raincoat only being available in the signature edition is BS, but I expect nothing less from NECA than for them to piss all over us and tell us it's raining.

Damn guys it?s not hot toys we?re talking about here for a second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right, but those knees are an eyesore. I honestly would have preferred to have her have less articulation in her legs if it would make them look better.

Damn guys it?s not hot toys we?re talking about here for a second

Exactly! It's not a deal breaker on a figure I've been waiting thirty years for. The articulation style is how they've been doing their elbows lately. Like Casey Jones, his elbow piece is smaller than his arms to allow for the double joint. I probably would've rathered their knee cap over the joint style, but it's by no means a deal breaker. She could've had static legs for all I care.

Has anyone had any luck with Neca sending placement parts for figures not bought directly through them?

I went to finally open my Walmart 2 pack but noticed one of Mikey's eyes looks like s***. Paint completely scratched off the middle of the eye. It's a sealed set so this is clearly a Neca QC issue.
4fc8bbe17bc42298827821e52afb8e63.jpg

I've heard of some luck, might as well grab it and then try your luck with them. I know there's a NECA CS Twitter also that seems to help people out.

The raincoat only being available in the signature edition is BS, but I expect nothing less from NECA than for them to piss all over us and tell us it's raining.

As much as I like Judith Hoag, I have to imagine this cost involves her signature as well. Who knows what deal they came up with, but she's not signing 2,000 of those things for free. I have to figure like $15-20 of that at least is going direct to her. Randy even replied to someone on instagram about how the price difference is basically what you'd pay for at a convention.

But yeah putting the coat in there is basically a jerk move. She only wears it for one scene, who knows, maybe they'll do another down the line. I think all accessories have been re-released at some point, even the convention ones.

Darn, looks like i missed out on the Signature edition by half-hour - woke up and it was already sold out. :crying

Like others have mentioned, it is kind of a weak move on NECA's part not to include the yellow raincoat in the regular edition too.

Will any reputable stores carry the Signature edition?

It know it is supposed to be a NECA store exclusive but during Cons, a lot of stores carry exclusive items at a markup.

If the markup is somewhat reasonable, I would rather go that route than Ebay, which would probably have an even greater markup and technically your purchase is not protected for preorders - i saw 2 listings that already sold for $400 and $475. :monkey4

I will preorder the regular edition for now and be on the hunt for the Signature edition. Good thing i waited and did not preorder Krang and the other figures that went up last Friday - save $15 on shipping.

Anyone know if the signature April was a limited run? Seemed to sell out fast.

Its a bit pricey for me. I wish they had went with a sculpted raincoat version.

So I was asleep when this went up and completely missed it. With the way this was done and the fact that there's no raincoat in the regular edition makes me question if I even want to grab the regular now. Damn what a disappointment. :mad:

Anyone know if the signature April was a limited run? Seemed to sell out fast.

Its a bit pricey for me. I wish they had went with a sculpted raincoat version.

2,000 according to the description on the preorder page.

Has anyone had any luck with Neca sending placement parts for figures not bought directly through them?

I went to finally open my Walmart 2 pack but noticed one of Mikey's eyes looks like s***. Paint completely scratched off the middle of the eye. It's a sealed set so this is clearly a Neca QC issue.
4fc8bbe17bc42298827821e52afb8e63.jpg

I have had luck, but they have to be in production, I had an item that was missing from the factory, messaged them through Facebook and got it sent out within a week!

Darn, looks like i missed out on the Signature edition by half-hour - woke up and it was already sold out. :crying

Like others have mentioned, it is kind of a weak move on NECA's part not to include the yellow raincoat in the regular edition too.

Will any reputable stores carry the Signature edition?

It know it is supposed to be a NECA store exclusive but during Cons, a lot of stores carry exclusive items at a markup.

If the markup is somewhat reasonable, I would rather go that route than Ebay, which would probably have an even greater markup and technically your purchase is not protected for preorders - i saw 2 listings that already sold for $400 and $475. :monkey4

I will preorder the regular edition for now and be on the hunt for the Signature edition. Good thing i waited and did not preorder Krang and the other figures that went up last Friday - save $15 on shipping.

Keep your eyes out on NECA's site, someone on another forum just grabbed one. They might be going through and cancelling duplicate orders and stuff now.

UL-TMNT_W5_Krang_figure_2048_2048x2048.jpg

UL-TMNT_W5_Leo_figure_2048_2048x2048.jpg

UL-TMNT_W5_RayFillet_figure_2048_2048x2048.jpg

UL-TMNT_W5_Leatherhead_figure_2048_2048x2048.jpg

Wave 5! I guess it really is Turtle Tuesday!

I think Leo and Krang look terrific, the other two look OK. I was put off by Leatherhead's giant head, but someone pointed out that the pic is straight on and since it's like the original toy, the head is more forward than the body, so it gives it a weird perspective.

As for the raincoat, who cares? She used it for two minutes and her outfit underneath was completely different from the figure. :dunno

People b it ch about everything. :lol
This is how I feel too. Not exactly happy with NECA for limiting the raincoat, but she barely wears it in the movie. If it was a cartoon April I would be more upset. Personally if it were me I would have rather the signature version be just Judith Hoag’s signature and no other extra accessories. Especially if it’s something they’re limiting. What’s the point in making a bunch of fans upset?

You never know..Judith seemed so invested in this , she might find out how the limited editions were handled and she might contact NECA and she might urge them to make some more that she can personally sign

She really surprised me how she was locked in on this :lecture

Keep your eyes out on NECA's site, someone on another forum just grabbed one. They might be going through and cancelling duplicate orders and stuff now.

I refreshed for 10 minutes straight and the icon for Add to Cart reappeared twice. But both times, it sent me to an error page.

But it looks like NECA took down the listing completely now for the Signature Edition. NECA probably did not want all the unnecessary traffic on their store. [emoji23]

Is NECA strict on their limits and canceling duplicates?

A YouTuber (Madhatter?) mentioned a few weeks ago that he ordered 3 Pizza Monsters (limit of 2) and NECA did not cancel - he even reached out to NECA via email to make sure things were kosher and that they would not cancel his order but NECA never replied back.

You never know..Judith seemed so invested in this , she might find out how the limited editions were handled and she might contact NECA and she might urge them to make some more that she can personally sign

She really surprised me how she was locked in on this :lecture

I really think the 2,000 deal was worked out with her, they definitely must be paying her for her signature. If she got $20 each it would be $40,000. Whether or not sure knew the coat was included in that who knows.

I refreshed for 10 minutes straight and the icon for Add to Cart reappeared twice. But both times, it sent me to an error page.

But it looks like NECA took down the listing completely now for the Signature Edition. NECA probably did not want all the unnecessary traffic on their store. [emoji23]

Is NECA strict on their limits and canceling duplicates?

A YouTuber (Madhatter?) mentioned a few weeks ago that he ordered 3 Pizza Monsters (limit of 2) and NECA did not cancel - he even reached out to NECA via email to make sure things were kosher and that they would not cancel his order but NECA never replied back.

I was under the impression they were cancelling orders on limited edition and convention exclusive stuff like this. The Pizza Monster almost made no sense to have a limit on since it's basically an open 10 day preorder.

Autographed 8x10 photos for an actress like herself who’s basically known for one film tend to go for around $60-$70. I don’t think NECA is necessarily over charging for the Signature Edition, but I would prefer an actual 8x10 photo versus the fake press pass. I guess it makes sense that they limited the release to 2,000 in that case. The only other way to do it would be to offer an open signing period, but NECA isn’t in that business.

I really think the 2,000 deal was worked out with her, they definitely must be paying her for her signature. If she got $20 each it would be $40,000. Whether or not sure knew the coat was included in that who knows.

I was under the impression they were cancelling orders on limited edition and convention exclusive stuff like this. The Pizza Monster almost made no sense to have a limit on since it's basically an open 10 day preorder.

If you watch her final video..she said she made sure this was going to be a pre order for up to two weeks because she felt that everyone should get a chance.

I agree the limited editions was probably preset but you never know . She said she loves the fandom and she has been reading the social media feedback on this .

So I’m sure sooner than later she will notice the heavy backlash on the limited editions , so who knows

Back