TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you watch her final video..she said she made sure this was going to be a pre order for up to two weeks because she felt that everyone should get a chance.

I agree the limited editions was probably preset but you never know . She said she loves the fandom and she has been reading the social media feedback on this .

So I?m sure sooner than later she will notice the heavy backlash on the limited editions , so who knows

While I am sure Judith would empathize with fans that missed out, even if NECA pumped out more Signature Editions, whose to say a repeat situation would not occur again with fans left out in the cold and more figures flipped on eBay for insane prices.

But a second run would deflate the current scalper prices and make the secondary market more reasonable. Also, it would allow fans that do not want to flip a 2nd chance.

Was the Signature Edition reasonably easy to get this morning (within the first few minutes the preorder went live)?

I was trying to order some Jurassic Park prints a couple weeks ago at Bottleneck Gallery and those literally sold out in seconds - I did not even get a chance to add to cart.

Like any business, I think NECA likes this model of fluctuating scarcity since it generates demand and hype. For the most part, I think they are relatively reasonable - they usually satisfy their retail partners first but eventually fans can order direct from NECA. And they will occasionally throw us a few bones here and there like with this Judith Hoag April.

While I am sure Judith would empathize with fans that missed out, even if NECA pumped out more Signature Editions, whose to say a repeat situation would not occur again with fans left out in the cold and more figures flipped on eBay for insane prices.

But a second run would deflate the current scalper prices and make the secondary market more reasonable. Also, it would allow fans that do not want to flip a 2nd chance.

Was the Signature Edition reasonably easy to get this morning (within the first few minutes the preorder went live)?

I was trying to order some Jurassic Park prints a couple weeks ago at Bottleneck Gallery and those literally sold out in seconds - I did not even get a chance to add to cart.

Like any business, I think NECA likes this model of fluctuating scarcity since it generates demand and hype. For the most part, I think they are relatively reasonable - they usually satisfy their retail partners first but eventually fans can order direct from NECA. And they will occasionally throw us a few bones here and there like with this Judith Hoag April.

Nope as typical NECA exclusive fashion..site crashed during the process for people and then sold out in minutes

I wound up pre-ordering April. Came to $44.98 after shipping. Not a perfect release, but I’ll regret not getting her.

I see on the product page on their site it lists a pizza stack, which they aren’t showing oddly. Not sure what they mean by that. Pizza in boxes maybe?

I wanna say it sold out in about 10 minutes or so. It wasn't blink and you missed it, which I have to say was probably helped by their surprise announcement. I would've absolutely missed it if I didn't check Toyark 15 min before they went up. I did have issues, I used firefox and the check out button just would not work. I had to load up chrome and sign back in etc and was still able to check out.

I wonder why neca didn't include April's drawings?

We have to be getting other April figures. They'll probably do a farm house version.

BBTS has him up for po

When did this happen? Thanks for the info

Yes! If anyone missed out on the first two waves of Super7 TMNT figures they are doing a preorder for them, not like a frigging surprise in stock sale like last time. Now everyone will be able to order all 4 waves of figures or just all 4 turtles at least with no issues. They're all still available to order, so no excuses now haha. I'm ordering two of each regular turtle to have a backup in case anything happens, this made that a lot easier!

Regarding getting more than one April from the 1990 film- maybe, but I can easily see her as a one off release. I mean how many of us would really want multiples of her (even if she was in her other looks)? To me she’s very likely a one and done figure. Unless they put a different version of her in a highly desirable two pack or something.

Regarding getting more than one April from the 1990 film- maybe, but I can easily see her as a one off release. I mean how many of us would really want multiples of her (even if she was in her other looks)? To me she’s very likely a one and done figure. Unless they put a different version of her in a highly desirable two pack or something.

Maybe a Casey and April farm house two pack. April with her drawings, red top and black skirt, improved knees (hopefully :lol) and Casey with Leo's katana, wearing the same outfit minus the jacket. Meh, I don't see the selling point. That could be one of those Loot crate offerings or walmart ex.

Oooof, terrible knees, a single joint might have been preferred. Otherwise great looking figure. I'll order later. Totally missed the Raincoat edition.

It's funny: it appears they did away with the unsightly double elbow joints for unmasked Casey Jones, yet they've introduced those far more hideous double knee joints on April (which is pointless articulation considering the skirt hinders leg movement). At first, I thought they might have designed it this way to get April into a sitting position if they ever release the white news van they appear to be teasing in one of the product shots - but that still seems unlikely given the skirt.

I'm trying to predict NECA's game plan here. They know there's plenty of demand for the yellow raincoat on April. I think Casey will probably get an ultimate release via another NECA Store pre-order very soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Wal-Mart 2-Pack of April in the raincoat with unmasked Casey by late summer -- which might lack a couple accessories and alternate heads from the ultimate versions.

I was at my computer when the signature edition of April went live, but there was no way I could justify the $70 price difference. Judith Hoag attempted to rationalize it on her YouTube comments by saying it was not possible for NECA to include the coat in the ultimate version and still keep the price at $30. Regardless, I can't imagine her signature is worth more than $30. She was a guest at my local comic con two years ago. While I do collect autographs, I didn't bother going because I don't care about getting her signature. But even if she receives a $50 cut of each signature edition sold yesterday, they're still charging people an extra $20 for a tiny cheap coat made in China. Fans are paying for the exclusivity, but it's still a raw deal - which is why I'll never be a completist with this line.

Proto_Text_April11_cd2b1222-5b21-46d8-8b6d-aa362d2ad03c_1024x1024.jpg

It's not a dealbreaker but those knees really are bad - looks like she's got some sort of bionic legs. And yes it seems pointless anyway when she's got a plastic skirt that will prevent or at least severely limit hip articulation.

All the pics say Prototypes Shown Not Final. With enough people voicing dissatisfaction with those knees, we could get new legs; like what was mentioned about the double elbow joints on Casey Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a string decision, it looks like their typical style for double jointed elbows but you would think a traditional figure knee would be fine, especially for her, she doesn't need action poses.

Yeah, the knees stand out badly. Really hope those are changed on the final figure. For the most part I’m going to have her in a basic standing stance anyways. I don’t think she’s really the type of figure who needs to be super articulated.

Back