ThunderCats Classics by Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have they even produced any of the "ultimate" MOTU Classics they announced? I didn't expect them to continue T-Cats since their initial answer was "nope" so I'm not really bothered. Bummer for hardcore T-cats guys, though.

Also, don't know if it's old news, but I've seen some of the Matty Tcats at Gamestop. $35.

Can the 4H do a kickstarter instead? Just name the characters like "Tiger Man" for Tygra, "Cheeta Girl" for Cheetara and "Mummy Monster" for transformed Mumm-Ra.

I'm guessing the prototypes are already done anyway so they won't go to waste.

The 3rd party transformers can do it so why can't they?

Didn't you see the latest update Eamon?

Apparently Warner Brothers told Super7 they could not acquire the license to continue making Thundercats Classics figures.

Oh I did not see that at all. Wow, well that fecking blows!! Why in the name of arse would you refuse a licence to continue an existing line?!

That's really disappointing news man.

I am really disappointed that this line is dead. I'm not going to sell on the cats but they will now have to share a shelf with my Motuc filmation figures. Hopefully someone will offer some custom pieces to enable Tigra and Cheetara to be bashed out of the existing pieces available.

Saddest toy news ever. So disappointed. The core team, the mutants and a powered up mumra would be all I would need to feel like I had a complete TC display. I would have gladly bought anything they would have thrown at us. This was the line I have always wanted. I don't want updated thundercats. I don't want stylized thundercats. I want Thundercats from the 80s toon. This is what I wanted. This is what I can't have. And this sucks.

Really baffling to think that the license holders wouldn't want to make money from it while there are still a lot of people interested on buying these things.

Like what mattel did to the ghostbusters prop replica trap. There were a lot of people who want it re-issued but they decided not to.

There will come a time when all of us 80's "kids" are dead and those licenses will be worth for nothing in the future. It's us who keep these properties alive to this day.

The next generation are mostly into video games these days.

Hey, I know that Mezco had the license for the Classic Thundercats for the 1/12 line. Maybe they will move on those now?

Could it be happening?
Just shown at PowerCon!!!

b774c28e0cf355017490aeb28b3708c1.jpg

8b8688792c17941481c90d53175da985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look amazing! Unfortunately I cancelled my original sub and don't pay scalper prices, so I won't be collecting this line :gah:

They look amazing! Unfortunately I cancelled my original sub and don't pay scalper prices, so I won't be collecting this line :gah:

Yea but it's coming back and there will probably be rereleases. If that is the case I plan to pick it up

Just wanted to say I’m hopeful that they will bring this line back. My dream line since I started collecting and ever since they started making Marvel Legends I’ve wanted Thundercats in a similar style. I hope they make the core characters including villains and anything else is a bonus. Would love a Thundertank and Cats Lair as well. Anything they put out I’m on board. I’ll buy extras to keep in boxes and even some for my kids if they get interested once they are old enough for cartoons. Please let these be made.

Pixel Dan did an interview with them. Basically, they WANT to do it, it is up to us to support it. And it sounded like they might do a reissue multipack.

‘ an easy way to get the whole team” is something they wanna do.

Back