1/6 ThreeZero The Walking Dead Maggie Greene 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I'm shocked. I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to sculpts, but I really don't see the resemblance... like, at all. Even the choice of clothes don't scream Maggie. If they picked a more iconic clothes, it would help drastically, much like how a cheap Maggie figurine looks more the part due to the costume.

And am I reading this wrong, or does one of the signs on the wondercon pic say that this will be priced at 25,000 yen, which would translate to about $234 USD? Wow, that's pretty steep for such a sharp decline from their previous figures.

Though you must admit, Lauren Cohen is yet another generic-looking attractive female white chick. If you put a lot of actresses and models side by side, they look remarkably alike. This little dolly will do nicely for those committed to this line.

Someone else earlier in this thread pointed out that this figure is a Frankenstein monster of the character throughout the show. That nails it on the head (no pun intended).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Maggie have more of a short bob hairdo in season 5/6? If they're giving her a vaguely season 5/6 costume, and a season 8/9 heads-up, that's like sticking a Force Awakens Han Solo headsculpt (and not a very accurate one at that) on a New Hope/Empire Strikes Back mishmash costume. Sure, interesting concept, but that doesn't scream Han Solo. More like a bargain bin odds and ends mashed together.

Don't get me wrong... when done well, this hodge podge of character looks can look timeless. But since Maggie has soft features- or more generic pretty actress, for lack of a better term-, she won't be easy to sculpt. Which is why they should have gone with nailing down an iconic costume to get the look across.

And for years, I was dying to get this figure to compliment my only other Walking Dead figure, Glenn, but I'm really hesitating with what we've seen so far...

Yeah, I agree they should've gone for one specific look, or at least a season-specific look with various accessories accurate to that particular season.

Well she's coming I guess. With her supposed return in Season 10, ThreeZero has managed to be so late in making her figure that it might actually be timely by the time it comes out.
EQeKP3FX0AENQr7

It's an interesting look, kinda like Daryl it feels mismatched from different episodes. The outfit seems to be from a couple of specific episodes in Season 6 while the hair doesn't really match. Even though the hair is too long, it would be cool if the exclusive came with the jacket from All Out War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It basically seems to be based on this look, only much cleaner (and with a very iffy likeness):

9736a0c32540c70fa26bb1e9f4c9a1a58846bcc7_00.jpg

As said the sculpt is terrible. I am not sure what the sculptor was looking at when he did the lips and jawline.

I take back what I said about this being a mish mash. To be fair, this was for an Entertainment Weekly photoshoot, and I wonder if this outfit was ever used on the show?

Also, turns out this does make a good companion piece for Glenn, since the source for Threezero's Glenn costume comes from the same photoshoot:

thewalkingdead_ew07.jpg

Carol should be made. She's one of the original characters and only the second original left in the series.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, not making Carol doesn't make sense for them at this point, given the others they've made, like this Maggie, and Glenn.

I so wanted to get into this line. I was a huge fan for the first 6 or 7 seasons. But they mismanaged it from the start. They showed sheriff Rick and I wanted sheriff Rick but it never happened. He should have been the first release not 2 lone zombies. They should have been a 3 pack with Michonne. Wasted opportunity for ThreeZero.

Yeah, sadly there seems to be no likeness there at all. Shame, as I like the character. And with no decent third party or custom Maggie sculpts (as far as I am aware) it's not even worth grabbing for parts. Unfortunately Walking Dead has been pretty much ThreeZero's most inconsistent line in terms of both character choice and end results.

Yeah, sadly there seems to be no likeness there at all. Shame, as I like the character. And with no decent third party or custom Maggie sculpts (as far as I am aware) it's not even worth grabbing for parts. Unfortunately Walking Dead has been pretty much ThreeZero's most inconsistent line in terms of both character choice and end results.

I guess that's one thing they got accurate to the show...

I think they forgot that they were supposed to make Carl. And at this point it doesn't seem that anyone cares.

I think they forgot that they were supposed to make Carl. And at this point it doesn't seem that anyone cares.

Carl or Carol? If you meant Carl then they did release it last month (modded by Yuri):
65538e6bbf2d9b11e0995d7767e0ef68.jpg

I remember see it parted out on eBay, and was gonna post here but I couldn?t find the thread and realized I didn?t really care that much myself. I was really excited when they showed off Carl, but at this point I don?t think I?m invested in TWD enough beyond Rick, Negan, and Daryl.

Carl or Carol? If you meant Carl then they did release it last month (modded by Yuri):
65538e6bbf2d9b11e0995d7767e0ef68.jpg

I remember see it parted out on eBay, and was gonna post here but I couldn?t find the thread and realized I didn?t really care that much myself. I was really excited when they showed off Carl, but at this point I don?t think I?m invested in TWD enough beyond Rick, Negan, and Daryl.

Thanks for posting, I didn't know he had been released:lol

Back