Threezero: Rambo III: John Rambo 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of Assassins. I don't want figures from that film, but it's one of my favorite films. I really like Antonio Banderas in it. It was filmed in my hometown, and my brother and I went to see Stallone on the set. We saw a glimpse of him running from far away. My brother said, "I can run faster than that!" :lol

I'd love to see ThreeZero or someone take another shot at Commando or Predator, or even Terminator or Total Recall for that matter.

More (quality) Stallone figures would be nice, too.

At this point it would be wise of Threezero to replace their prototype promo pics with their post production pics. Im still blown away by the improvement.

Totally. There's a real buzz about this figure all of a sudden, I hope they're watching and try to maximize it.

Yeah, definitely. They were close with Dutch and DX Terminator but something was always a little off

I think Dutch and the Tech Noir T-800 were great, it was downhill after that.

I really like the HT T1 BD, DX10 and 13. Ii even like the T2 MMS rose box version. I think this figure will look good next to any of those, tbh.

You just don't get a consensus on the best Hot Toys Arnie sculpts, at least amongst the most vocal collectors of this site. None of their sculpts nail it, not one. And whenever they seemed to fix one thing on a later sculpt they messed up something new. Damned frustrating.

Yes but HT have not made an Arnie fig for so long, so its a bit of an unfair comparison. I would love to see how HT would handle a Stallone fig now. Its been so long since HT made a Stallone fig. I think Barney Ross was their last Stallone fig.

It probably is fair enough when you consider that Hot Toys Arnie sculpts didn't necessarily improve as time went on. MMS238 was their most recent one (other than Genisys) and that's considered by many - myself included - to be the weakest effort - the BD sculpt is technically impressive with the endo-parts but the Arnie likeness on either of the two heads is highly questionable.

Ideally, I'd want a Dutch or Commando figure next to Rambo, since that's more similar, but **** it, both the T800 and RB wear black and have guns. :lol

Speaking of Commando, that's probably Ht's weakest Arnie, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind seeing what 3zero can do with Arnold.

Their Commando sculpt seems to draw from MMS238 so yeah, kinda sucked. The prototype might not have been perfect but it was much closer than what was released. What the hell happened there.

Ok I was wrong holy crap that video.

Better looking than the freaking promotional pics!

Shame it had to be R3 but I could live with that BUT the rubber arms bent ruins the figure without his jacket on.

His bent arms look atrocious.

But I need those weapons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you came around to the correct viewpoint.

As regards the arms - museum pose for me. I don't even mind, it's generally what I prefer.

I'm a big fan of Assassins. I don't want figures from that film, but it's one of my favorite films. I really like Antonio Banderas in it. It was filmed in my hometown, and my brother and I went to see Stallone on the set. We saw a glimpse of him running from far away. My brother said, "I can run faster than that!" :lol

What you've just described sounds like the opening of Banderas' Mask of Zorro where his younger self and his brother are watching Anthony Hopkins' Zorro at work.

I'd love to see ThreeZero or someone take another shot at Commando or Predator, or even Terminator or Total Recall for that matter.

More (quality) Stallone figures would be nice, too.

Threezero or Blitzway. Ideally Hot Toys would lose certain licenses but that won't happen - but thank god they have no interest in Stallone's classics or certain other Arnie movies because it leaves them open.....

What you've just described sounds like the opening of Banderas' Mask of Zorro where his younger self and his brother are watching Anthony Hopkins' Zorro at work.

Holy ****, you're right. :lol Except Stallone didn't give me his necklace, so that one day I can return it to him and he can train me to become the next Zoro, I mean, action hero.:monkey2

If I had my choice of Rocky, I'd choose

Rocky III poster version with black and yellow trunks and boots (even though he never wore them in III). Neca made this version.

ueqwxm7.jpg

Rocky 4 USA trunks with USA flag (Almost the body as Rambo III).

WbS2NtZ.jpg

rXygTNt.jpg

Trivia, Stallone wore Adidas boxing/combat boots in Rocky 4 and Rambo 3.

I like your style. These would be my top picks as well.

I'll buy the head off eBay for the red bandana.

How would Threezero go about doing a First Blood Rambo, anyhow? Would we get two looks in the box - jacket and jeans with the tanktop underneath? Would we get an extra head?

Stick-fighting Rambo wears different pants so I can see why they left those accessories out, but they did give us the shirt.

How would Threezero go about doing a First Blood Rambo, anyhow? Would we get two looks in the box - jacket and jeans with the tanktop underneath? Would we get an extra head?

The easiest thing to do would be to combine the poncho/headband version with the bandolier/M60 in one package, since it's the same dirty outfit and bloody head and body.

i3pcPmO.jpg
L53uzEd.jpg
aZXmLSN.jpg
EalSWG0.jpg

The clean M65 version can either be release on its own or skipped altogether, unfortunately.

vrkqlrK.jpg

I'll buy the head off eBay for the red bandana.
Stick-fighting Rambo wears different pants so I can see why they left those accessories out, but they did give us the shirt.

Ebay sells 1/6 scale Bruce Lee Kung Fu clothing sets, which includes the pants, sash, and shoes. Those might fit the 3Zero figure. As for the red headband, I'm sure the hair can be removed, then it's just a matter of using red cloth. I'm not going to do it, but there's people here that know how to do custom work.

I was thinking about the same. Shame though, as I really prefer his clean look from the beginning of the movie. The HT version was a wonderful figure for its time, but far too costly to track down now.

I was thinking about the same. Shame though, as I really prefer his clean look from the beginning of the movie. The HT version was a wonderful figure for its time, but far too costly to track down now.

It's kind of amazing that HT made six figures, including some unlikely choices like Trautman and a Halo Jumper version.

xmiDKDf.jpg

There's no way this version would ever get made today. This has zero chance of getting made now. :lol

So earlier I mentioned seeing this figure available on the website Deep Discount and how it was cheaper than everywhere else. Well now on top of that they currently have a coupon available for 15% off and this figure is eligible. The coupon code is SUNSHINE. Cost before shipping and tax is $152.06. Again I haven’t ordered a figure there before (just Blu-ray’s and DVD’s), but at that price I may need to do so.

So earlier I mentioned seeing this figure available on the website Deep Discount and how it was cheaper than everywhere else. Well now on top of that they currently have a coupon available for 15% off and this figure is eligible. The coupon code is SUNSHINE. Cost before shipping and tax is $152.06. Again I haven?t ordered a figure there before (just Blu-ray?s and DVD?s), but at that price I may need to do so.

...thank you Mike86

I just ordered this figure...way cheaper than ordering from China (FYI Goodshipped just bumped his prices in the last 2 days from $238.00 USDto $288.00 USD!!!)

Deep Discount with shipping is $163.00 USD!!

Last edited:
Back