Threezero: Rambo III: John Rambo 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new licensed Rocky would be great. I almost tried to get one of the Kaustic Plastik releases, but decided against them because I was too late and they went up in price. I’d love the training version with the sweatsuit personally.

I wonder if it would be worth their time making a FB2 version. Both 2 and 3 use a bow, cargo pants, and combat boots but they're not identical in design.

Yeah, A First Blood Rambo fig is a must. FB is still by far the best Rambo in the series imo. One of those films you can watch over and over and still enjoy.
Yeah, First Blood is by far the best in the series. The others are fun movies, but the original is an all time classic film.

Holding out for a different version might not work out well.

Blasphemy to some but I myself would have favoured a Demolition Man Stallone over a Rambo because I happen to have more of a childhood connection to that film*. But that said, knowing that Stallone figures don't seem to be coming at us on the regular - nor do figures from any older properties in general anymore - the best thing to do is probably to support what does get made. Now, my hypocrisy is showing because I don't apply that to Hot Toys when they make something like John Matrix from Commando. Well, for one thing the production version took a noticeable dive from the prototype. Secondly I just don't like Hot Toys as a company very much. I don't like their behaviours, how they taunt their original fanbase with scraps that either never get made or take years to come out. It kinda makes me want to spit in their face. :) But Threezero are new territory to me so I went ahead and ordered this. I'm curious what might happen if this figure - which of course will not do Iron Man numbers and thus would not satisfy Hot Toys - is nevertheless enough of a success by Threezero's economic barometer that they can do more. And this figure looks good. It deserves success.

*I am old enough to have seen and connected with the Rambo movies but for some reason they just weren't a thing in my house, I don't know why.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. I wouldnt pass up this one. Hopefully with enough support for this figure itll open up to other figures from this genre of films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides Rocky and Rambo, I'd buy a Cobra figure. He looked so cool in that film. I like Demolition Man, but I'm not sure what outfit would be good for a figure. Between the Rocky and Rambo series, there are about 14 different looks/outfits they can choose from. :gah:

It took a long time for a second Jon Snow figure to show up, I wouldn't count on multiple Rambo figures. Especially from a company like Threezero.

Interesting, and GOT was a hot franchise. I've mainly seen their Walking Dead figures. I almost bought the Negan figure. Maybe this will be the only Rambo figure, but who knows? A we know they can capture the likeness, if they decide to make any more Sly figures from other films. :)

One thing with Threezero is I don’t know why they can’t be bothered to include stands with their figures. Granted I can buy a cheap one and get a custom label, but it’s just odd to not include one.

Holding out for a different version might not work out well.

Blasphemy to some but I myself would have favoured a Demolition Man Stallone over a Rambo because I happen to have more of a childhood connection to that film*. But that said, knowing that Stallone figures don't seem to be coming at us on the regular - nor do figures from any older properties in general anymore - the best thing to do is probably to support what does get made. Now, my hypocrisy is showing because I don't apply that to Hot Toys when they make something like John Matrix from Commando. Well, for one thing the production version took a noticeable dive from the prototype. Secondly I just don't like Hot Toys as a company very much. I don't like their behaviours, how they taunt their original fanbase with scraps that either never get made or take years to come out. It kinda makes me want to spit in their face. :) But Threezero are new territory to me so I went ahead and ordered this. I'm curious what might happen if this figure - which of course will not do Iron Man numbers and thus would not satisfy Hot Toys - is nevertheless enough of a success by Threezero's economic barometer that they can do more. And this figure looks good. It deserves success.

*I am old enough to have seen and connected with the Rambo movies but for some reason they just weren't a thing in my house, I don't know why.

...stopped tempting me...

(I'm definitely going to have to add some green to the Buddha pendant, for example),

I thought about it too, but I think I'm not going to mess with it. I could be wrong, but the jade necklace looked greener in Part II than it did in RB III.

Part II

XikyqLN.jpg

RB III

zmhTZ4A.jpg

It's more pale green looking overall. It was 4 years later, so maybe that's why, or maybe it was a bran new design.

On the Poster it doesn't even show as green,

AvQoMp1.jpg

e7BC17o.gif

So I'm leaving it as is :lol

Back