ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh great, a massive tv show with some of the strongest female characters in that type of genre and they're getting shafted, great job ThreeZero.

Wanted Daenerys alas the hound is the next best thing in my book. Excited to see more of Sandor, passed on Jaime because it lacked an exclusive version but this is a day one pre order for me! :D

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

my game of thrones threezero collection

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BH2T2XugdQE/?taken-by=daryl_cp[/video]

13707708_1429684123724078_4793454135325026881_n.jpg

:yess: Might have to pick this one up! Wish they'd have a go at some of the female characters though.

Here's hoping for an eventual Brienne and Arya!

Those actresses have character (I remember Raymond F.'s bizarre rant about how he couldn't even look at Maisie Williams on screen) to their faces, not being traditional beauties. Brienne especially would meet the 'violent interest' criteria for many collectors in this hobby.

I want her because she is one of my favourite characters of all time at this point, and a custom version would take years with the armour.

Danni with 3 small dragons.

Battle of the bastards Jon

Brienne of tarth

Assassin Aya

Queen Cercei with long hair

The night King

A proper Ghost

Zombie mountain

He's not exactly sugar ray leonard in terms of speed.

She fought him well. Give her her due.

Its not that.. I dont get why people complain but still buy a figure.

Because ThreeZero is the only one offering them and because at least the outfits and most of the accessories are quite good. The portraits, however, have been poor. When a company holding a major license is charging roughly $200/figure, one would expect that the head sculpts would be at least on par with companies like Asmus, Star Ace and others. To date, they have not been. Not even close. So yes, I will continue to buy the figures because it is a favorite show and there is no reasonable alternative at the moment. Nobody is forcing me to, and certainly I have the option of leaving them as is or seeking out aftermarket replacement portraits (which can add another $200+ when all is said and done). I am choosing to do the latter. But it would be a whole lot better if the figures that came out of the box at least bore a reasonable resemblance to the actors.

If Jon snow retailed for maybe $160. If if had a Ht quality sculpt they could hav charged more. And ppl would have paid it. In fairness to 3Z they are not charging $200 for their work because it's not of that quality. And they seem to be recognizing that.

Lost all respect for him when he let a awkward slow moving Female school him.

Of course, it couldn't be that she's a better fighter through years of training and hard work. After all it's not like she's an uncommonly large and thus strong woman capable of plausibly engaging men in combat. And we certainly didn't see her beat two of the best knights in Westeros, Jaime and Loras, previously in the series. She's a capital-F Female and only a total loser worthy of NO respect loses to her and her awkwardness. And slowness. /s

Are you a Ferengi by any chance?

Because ThreeZero is the only one offering them and because at least the outfits and most of the accessories are quite good. The portraits, however, have been poor. When a company holding a major license is charging roughly $200/figure, one would expect that the head sculpts would be at least on par with companies like Asmus, Star Ace and others. To date, they have not been. Not even close. So yes, I will continue to buy the figures because it is a favorite show and there is no reasonable alternative at the moment. Nobody is forcing me to, and certainly I have the option of leaving them as is or seeking out aftermarket replacement portraits (which can add another $200+ when all is said and done). I am choosing to do the latter. But it would be a whole lot better if the figures that came out of the box at least bore a reasonable resemblance to the actors.
I don't think the Tyrion sculpt can be considered poor, it's a very good sculpt imo. I don't have Ned as of yet, so I can't comment to what he looks like in hand. I agree Jon's sculpt could have been a lot better and perhaps rooted hair could have helped somewhat, which is why it's surprising they didn't do it for that figure, but are doing it for The Hound.

I would have preferred anothet character to be after Jaime, but at least we have something on the horizon for this licence.

No one has mentioned the likely reason for releasing this character versus any other, including Dani, at this point, but it's likely because... It will sell better than the alternatives. I was hoping for Dani next, but I won't deny that it's a figure not everyone would grab. I suspect the sales on GoT are relatively low to begin with, as despite its enormous fan-base, the overlap to the 1/6 hobby is very limited compared to licenses like Marvel and Star Wars. They make so many mecha-oriented figures not only because it's a passion for the people at the company, but also because they seem to sell well.

From a post I made in March.. These are the three most relevant figures for GoT as far as I'm concerned. The two ladies because they're such integral parts of the show and The Hound because he's a fan favorite and his size plus elaborate getup would appeal to Threezero's fan/market base.

988770_1565191540459573_4048625445749765467_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back