ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hound was the most logical release. Why?

It implies people are basically going to buy two figures, Hound and Arya. This release forces the buyer's hand (or at least most of them) for a future figure purchase in a lot of regards. So in a lot of regards this release is part one of two. It's like C3PO and R2, a large amount of the target audience will buy both. Or Carbonite Han; most who buy that will have bought Boba Fett.

Good Angle on the Arya release too. A lot of people are (unfortunately) like malgus and wouldn't normally pick up a female figure. Having Clegane available might push some of these people to also pick up Arya.

Again WRT Brienne.. It's a TV show. Forget the actors playing the part - they were chosen as well as could be - the characters on the other hand... Brienne is supposed to be tougher than nails and that's that. The result was as it was intended by the author and show runners, there's no need to try and rationalize any male/female BS angle.

Last edited:
Some people failed to realize that the reason ThreeZero avoids making female figures is because they don't have much experience in this category. If they can't find 1:6 sculptors to make decent male sculpts against their competitors, then what makes you think they can competently making female sculpts? I think it's wise to avoid the female figures until they have figured out where to hire talented sculptors first.

they don't have much experience in this category

You don't gain experience from not doing something.

Threezero know precisely how they can get in contact with many talented freelance sculptors, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. Maybe they don't hire freelancers - without ever leaving Facebook they have dozens that are only a direct message away.

I feel I got too many replies to my response so besides that other one here is a general reply. In the books Sandor's bite wound is the thing that stops him (not Brienne) so I think the infected bite was to show how injured he was. I'm not, not giving Brienne her due, just saying he was not 100% and severely weakened. As to the fact he lost to a woman and implying he's not a good fighter is ridiculous.. We saw him destroy people while saving Arya, slicing men in two at the battle of black water and in season 1 going to toe to toe with the Mountain. Clearly he is a good fighter, one of the best, so is Brienne as well, Brienne was 100% and Valarian style, why she won, No shame in that.

If i understand you correctly, i dont agree. Even ficticious shows have their own parameters on reality. For example when can accept stories about a teenager being bitten by a radiactive spider to gain superpowers. But in that same story if that character were able to, say, breathe underwater we would say thats crap.

The best example of this imho is pro wrestling. We know the whole thing is staged. But when certain realities are broken in the story we are no longer willing to suspend our sense of reality. Works of fiction also operate within certain suspended realities.

There was no in-universe reality or continuity broken. The characters and the events surrounding their interaction were developed and covered adequately in the TV show, and by accounts here in the forum, also in the books' source material.

My comment was about the discussion of the events as real-world occurrences rather than as artistic creations. There's a big difference and anyone who's read Wikipedia can see how many articles get flagged for crossing this line. It's also what makes Wookiepedia (the Star Wars reference) a giant pile of crap - the authors don't seem to realize they're writing about someone else's art, rather than reporting on historical events. By all means discuss the creation of the content, how the writers and film makers chose how to portray the characters and events, but don't get so caught up in the story as to talk about it as if it were real.

Last edited:
Im not sure ppl were looking at it as real, but more so as examining the events in the reality of that show. And i think for some, it broke the show's reality when a woman (regardless of her skill and phyical gifts) beat one of the toughest guys on the show.

Really, all we do is examine stuff though the confines of the reality created by the show. Kenny died 50x and keeps coming back. And we're ok with it because thats within the confines of the reality created by the show. Otherwise we's say i green guy with super strength is BS, a time traveling Brit in a phonebooth is bs, a guy frozen for 60 yrs with super soldier abilities is BS. Again, maybe im misunderstanding.

I'm not even sure your gripe Pixel, I think we all understand Game of Thrones isn't real, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna stop talking about as if it is, I mean there goes 99% of nerd talk out the window. Kind of ruins the fun when talking about a scene and someone is just like it happened because thats the way it was scripted. I mean no crap.

Brienne won because she is one of the best fighters, period. Whether she is famed for it or not that's another matter entirely. She bested Jaime and Loras two of the best knights out there so having her winning against The Hound is still plausible inside the parameters of the show's "reality." The Hound losing against her doesn't make me like the character any less, even the biggest champions in the real world have been defeated just to get back up bigger and stronger.

Honestly, I can't believe this is an argument. I've trained different martial arts during my life and I know great instructors who are short and scrawny and could still win against bigger fighters and also women who are lethal and can destroy most men. I dare say that people who complain about this stuff don't have the slightest idea about what a real fight is.

Sorry, but while I have purchased/POed all of the releases to date (and I will PO The Hound), ThreeZero has been a disaster for this line. I have a hard time thinking of a company doing a worse job. The head sculpts are fair at best. The lack of even one major female character (Dany or Cersei) is inexcusable. And the paltry output over the past three years is mind boggling. I don't know how HBO (or AMC for that matter) can be pleased, when they have to look around and see other, non-Hot Toys companies producing 4, 5, 6+ figures a year per license. That translates into revenue, albeit relatively small in the scheme of things. At the time when the license was awarded there weren't many 1:6 companies outside of HT and Enterbay with a strong production catalog, and TZ probably made a number of promises (remember the original release list). Now you have companies like StarAce, Asmus, QMx, ACI, etc. who can show off portfolios and production workflow. Maybe ThreeZero will turn things around on GoT and TWD, but I still remember photos of WIPs from a few years ago that still have yet to make it to market. I don't want to see any 1:6 company fail, but I think ThreeZero may be better suited to non-human likenesses such as the TNMT figures which look fantastic and have been released in a reasonable time frame.

I feel I got too many replies to my response so besides that other one here is a general reply. In the books Sandor's bite wound is the thing that stops him (not Brienne) so I think the infected bite was to show how injured he was. I'm not, not giving Brienne her due, just saying he was not 100% and severely weakened. As to the fact he lost to a woman and implying he's not a good fighter is ridiculous.. We saw him destroy people while saving Arya, slicing men in two at the battle of black water and in season 1 going to toe to toe with the Mountain. Clearly he is a good fighter, one of the best, so is Brienne as well, Brienne was 100% and Valarian style, why she won, No shame in that.

Wasn't that she was a better fighter, it was because she didn't want to lose. She was busting him in the head with rocks. Ultimately it was the mountain edge that did him in. I was sad there wasn't a body slam or german suplex somewhere in there.

Back