ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Dany's hairstyle could work sculpted, but it would need to be a soft material - she needs to be able to look up.

As for "wolves" - Rob and Bran would both need wolves to be complete, although not as important as Ghost.

I agree, but Robb and Bran weren't mentioned, and the inclusion of the word 'the'[/l] make me think they're doing all of the wolves. I dunno, maybe there qas just some miscommunication. The quote that I posted isn't from the actual interview, it was just threezero posting information from the interview.

I was going to say Arya too, but I don't want to see a figure of her from season 1. If they make Rob, he needs Grey Wind. He had him the whole time he was worthy of a figure.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly on Arya. And yeah, I'd love a Grey Wind. Maybe even more so than Ghost just because of the images it conjures up of this giant wolf on a battle field ripping out the throats of its enemies.
I thought they did her hair great. Same with Black Widow.
To each their own. I thought it looked awful and hurt the sculpt. Real hair kills the hairline every time and it cheapens the overall look of what is supposed to be a high end figure. I like the soft pic that was used on Jack Sparrow as someone already mentioned.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

IMO, Hot Toys recent female figures are some of the best figures that they've ever produced. Friends (non-collectors) are blown away by the Selina Kyle figure and even more blown away when I've shown them pictures of the Black Widow figure (which I don't own).

Last edited:
Hmmm. This actually interests me more. I would actually be interested in a real fur wolf.

Yeah me too... I really don't think the wolves need their fur. We, on the other hand, absolutely need it for our dollies. :D

IMO, Hot Toys recent female figures are some of the best figures that they've ever produced. Friends (non-collectors) are blown away by the Selina Kyle figure and even more blown away when I've shown them pictures of the Black Widow figure (which I don't own).

Yes, I agree. The worry sum part about doll hair, is not enough and it looks horrible, too much and it looks like a Barbie. It comes down to the perfect amount. Hot Toys finally has that down. Selina Kyle and Black Widow looked stunning. Tonner, they use too much hair.

Maybe a poll. Show off a sculpted head and a doll hair head and let the fans choose. Or, give us the Sculpted hair head as a Exclusive.

I think Jon Snow would be incomplete without Ghost and very much hope he is included whenever they get to him.

Don't forget about the HT Babydoll figure. The hair on that was pretty well done.

Whatever keeps the price point for these in the $120 to $140 range is best. I don't want this line to go the Hot Toys route and only do a handful of $200+ figures. Rooted hair is more expensive and seems to be a crap shoot as far as how it turns out.

Whatever keeps the price point for these in the $120 to $140 range is best. I don't want this line to go the Hot Toys route and only do a handful of $200+ figures. Rooted hair is more expensive and seems to be a crap shoot as far as how it turns out.

Yea, this pretty much ends all arguments. If the price exceeds $140 then I will pick from the line.

Pfft. Root > sculpted.

Untitled-1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Both of those look really nice...but they also both cost just shy of $200 before shipping. That said, I have no problem with rooted hair if it looks good. However, Selina Kyle and Black Widow are usually cited as rare examples of rooted hair that actually turned out well (i.e. the exceptions that prove the rule).

Both of those look really nice...but they also both cost just shy of $200 before shipping. That said, I have no problem with rooted hair if it looks good. However, Selina Kyle and Black Widow are usually cited as rare examples of rooted hair that actually turned out well (i.e. the exceptions that prove the rule).

They're also the more recent examples, which makes sense as far as the R&D goes.

In addition to some action figure heads, there are countless fashion dolls with rooted hair that also look great.

I personally prefer rooted hair over sculpted any day of the week.

Really? Selina Kyle is the worst Hot Toy I've ever seen in person. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

If they were going to do rooted hair for this line, they should have started with Tyrion. Daeny's hair is almost almost always in place, whereas Tyrion's is often unkempt and hanging down into his face.

Back