ThreeZero Game of Thrones!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 criticisms:
1. Joeffrey earned a slow painful death. All things considered joffrey died quickly.

2. Ramsey was truly outstanding as a villain. But the small failure in the writing for me was that i was expecting ramsey to give jon more a fight when it got down to one on on. When they met jon basically beat him quickly. I expected ramsey to do something like throw dirt in his eyes or kick him him in the groin. I thought ramsey would have something up his sleeve. But he didnt.

I agree with both, to be fair that was the only realistic way to kill Joffrey. The little bastard was too guarded. I like how some characters in the show avenge their fallen beloved ones unknowingly: Jon decapitating Janos and Cersei destroying the entire Tyrell bloodline.

Missed Joffrey the last couple of seasons. He was super despicable by all means but never boring unlike the High Sparrow and Tommen. I'm glad those two are dead.

Ramsay knew at that point the battle was lost so perhaps he was betting on a swift death (most of the enemy army were Free Folk and Osha told him they were worse than him) didn't happen though.

Exactly, Ramsy knew he was done for regardless so I agree, I think he was just hoping Jon would just kill him, if he fought back and even one the willdlings would of killed him any way

Ramsy just killed the freaking giant. I think he had confidence in his archery skills to take on a guy without a weapon and just a shield. He seemed pretty surprised that Jon was able to block all his arrows and then he was upon him. I did suspect a hidden knife or something but the way that battle went it seemed pretty evident that fate was on Jon's side time and time again.

Great episode to say the least, probably one of my all time favorites and certainly rewarding for the viewer.

I didn't get any of that. The writers painted Ramsey as a worthless little worm right from the start - IMO, he was portrayed as evil, but weak. It should have been obvious to everyone that he would be dying when Snow arrived on the scene.

Yeah, we all know Jon would kick his ass but it would have been a thrill if he gave Jon a small run for his money. Like I said a kick in the groin or dirt in the eyes. Ramsey had been built up as a bad guy and I thought he had a little more fight in him.

I didn't get any of that. The writers painted Ramsey as a worthless little worm right from the start - IMO, he was portrayed as evil, but weak. It should have been obvious to everyone that he would be dying when Snow arrived on the scene.

Weak of morals maybe, but they made him out to be a psycho fighter like the time he ran down shirtless and fought off Reek's sister and her men. He seemed pretty tough to me in that scene. He also was pretty confident in his archery skills when he shot Rickart in the back.

He also was pretty confident in his archery skills when he shot Rickart in the back.

Don't remind me about that one, possibly the dumbest scene of the entire season. Only on TV does someone run in a perfectly straight line and wait to get hit by a slow traveling arrow.

Don't remind me about that one, possibly the dumbest scene of the entire season. Only on TV does someone run in a perfectly straight line and wait to get hit by a slow traveling arrow.

Running zigzag would have taken him longer to get to Jon and moving Jon much closer to Ramsay's lines. Rickon was screwed whatever way he ran.

And here come the arguments...

He didn't have to run zig zag. Simply turning his head around and making one step to the side would have saved him. It was a stupid lazy scene for what turned out to be an episode with one of the best battle sequences ever done on TV or the big screen.

And then Ramsay would just have to order the 500 archers to shoot at the same time...let see how useful the wait and take a sidestep would have been after that. Rickon was never going to get out there alive.

It's easy to judge someone's poor decisions on TV and argue that we would have been smarter, but in real life people in traumatic situations do dumb things all the time in the heat of the moment. When you are scared you tend not to think too clearly.
I wouldn't be too hard on a terrified little kid for not making a rational decision under stress.

And then Ramsay would just have to order the 500 archers to shoot at the same time.

And THAT would have made sense. It would not require me to act as if I'd been lobotomized to suspend my disbelief. I can believe in dragons and certain elements of human stupidity, but don't ask me to swallow what was written in that scene. It was lazy. Obviously the character had to be written out to develop the narrative, but the way it was done is what I'm disappointed with. It was cringe-worthy.

It's easy to judge someone's poor decisions on TV and argue that we would have been smarter,

I don't pretend it's reality, I'm complaining about the lazy writing for that part of the scene. It was done to be quick and convenient - too convenient that it jarred.

Well, if you set the bar there when it comes to how archery works in the real world vs films, then you can more or less disregard most of the show fights also. No sword is going to penetrate the layers of armour people wear in the show, plus a human body and the do the same to the armour in the back...and that has happened multiple times in GoT (i.e. more than once in the Tower of Joy scene)

I don't thing Kingmaker Lyanna Mormont would have backed Rickon Stark, he had the name but not the chops for it.

Show Ramsay wasn't the bravest or brightest but far from a coward. He crushed Stannis, yeah the guy who smashed to pieces a 100,000 man army in the fourth season finale, mostly with the help of his 20 good men. :lol

0FkY7mn.jpg

What I didn't really get is why didn't Ramsay just shoot an arrow into Jon instead of the Giant's(Wan Wan?) eye once they entered the gate.

I'm going to ask Threezero if they'll consider releasing new add-on heads for the other figures with rooted hair. :) I'm serious.

Definitely in for the Hound Ex. I've been frustrated with ThreeZero and this line, but the Hound looks great and the helm is a must for me. I'd like to see them release improved Ned and Tyrion heads with rooted hair, but would rather them focus on new character figures for now.

Back