Threezero Game of Thrones Jon Snow Ver. 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review, I don?t think the boots look too bad, aside from the plain paint application. Are they articulated?

Man, I really need Kit to do a new run on the Nut Pizs sculpt.

If I had to look for a custom metal sword, where should I look?

Great review and pics Raymond! I can't wait to put the Nut sculpt on this and put him on a shelf next to Tyrion and Davos.

Threezero really should consider a (never going to happen) partnership with Xensation where 3Z does the costumes and Xensation does the head sculpts. Yet still there are outliers that suggest that isn't a perfect plan either, like the recent terrific 3Z Tyrion, and also the lackluster Xensation Bronn proto.

Threezero really should consider a (never going to happen) partnership with Xensation where 3Z does the costumes and Xensation does the head sculpts. Yet still there are outliers that suggest that isn't a perfect plan either, like the recent terrific 3Z Tyrion, and also the lackluster Xensation Bronn proto.

Ideal as that might be, I like having two sources working on figures. As long as Xensation keeps to characters with simple outfits, they do just fine -- and they tackle figures 3Z won't do. Although ThreeZero is hit and miss with its sculpts, it is clearly improving over time.

At this point as long as threezero hires sculptors that are good , like Nut’s brother who sculpted Tyrion, I think we have a hope for getting good GOT figures as I do believe their production quality has come up to where it needs to be so long as they keep it consistent and don’t take a royal ****ing blunder like they did wirh scully.

The other issue though is that there’s three figures away two of which are slated to come out next month and nothing else announced.

To me that’s a sign this line is dead as a doornail.

3Z has quieted down since their last blast of announcements. Its down to Joffrey (this month), Night King (next month) and Bran (whenever) ... then only the Ser Gregor that won the poll back in August.

No sign of Dani 2.0 or Jamie 2.0 either. Let alone Sansa or Arya 2.0.

One can only hope they are going to be making another blast announcement at some point...

I used a Worldbox body.. While the upper body fits perfectly, the leg pegs need some work to fit, and it?s slightly tall for Jon Snow?s build.. But I find it to be an improvement over the TZ one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which worldbox body? Or would you recommend another?

What mods to the leg pegs that were done?

Which worldbox body? Or would you recommend another?

What mods to the leg pegs that were done?

I used a a Worldbox AT011 body, which matched perfectly in skin tone to Nut Pizs?s sculpt.

13988a879deddccc1d11974422cca3aa.jpg

It?s a taller body than TZ?s one but in my opinion it helps make the Nut Pizs head look more proportionate to Kit Harrington?s structure.

The Worldbox body leg pegs don?t fit (too big), so you might have to sand it down.. But for me I glued it since this figure can?t hold much poses (but it has really great shelf presence!)

0dbfe4330dcdce4ee9cdad13c0eb4bad.jpg

I used a a Worldbox AT011 body, which matched perfectly in skin tone to Nut Pizs?s sculpt.

It?s a taller body than TZ?s one but in my opinion it helps make the Nut Pizs head look more proportionate to Kit Harrington?s structure.

The Worldbox body leg pegs don?t fit (too big), so you might have to sand it down.. But for me I glued it since this figure can?t hold much poses (but it has really great shelf presence!)

I removed the cloak wire too

Sorry, forgot to mention too but this body swap would probably make it not scale well with your other figure, but it fits the custom headsculpt better in my opinion.

Not a problem for me as it?s my only GOT figure haha

Been working hard on my first ever custom haired sculpt, excited for my Jon to arrive.

263CD721-2390-4B63-93A3-91039CDEDDCE.jpg

Only for UK Royal Mail to loose it...

:gah:

That looks great Joe. Just a week ago I also attempted my first rooting for Geralt. It isn't as good as your result.
Did you paint his skin black underneath the hair? And how did you manage to make such a good hairline around the face? Probably use of a good glue...cause mine turned the hairline a bit too stiff at the end...

Well done!

Awesome hair especially for a first attempt!

Thank you so much Raymond :hi5:

Nice job, Joe!

Thank you!!! :hi5:

That looks great Joe. Just a week ago I also attempted my first rooting for Geralt. It isn't as good as your result.
Did you paint his skin black underneath the hair? And how did you manage to make such a good hairline around the face? Probably use of a good glue...cause mine turned the hairline a bit too stiff at the end...

Well done!

Thanks mate, It was challenging to be sure! Yeah the headsculpt underneath was stripped and painted black, and then just some careful application of Rocket glue along the hairline. My first attempt on the hairline was pretty poor, so practise certainly helps. Thankfully when you mess up you can just pull it off and try again. Thank you for the kind words! :)

That hair job looks great,Joe. That must have took you forever. I know how long it took me the first time and mine isn't as thick looking.

Last edited:
Back