1/6 ThreeZero - Game of Thrones - Daenerys Targaryen (Season 7)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to post this, just cause it might be a slightly different perspective. I never watched GoT when it aired, I saw the first ep and that was it, didn't enter it and didn't follow anything about until I heard all the complaints online about the end. However, my partner, whom I met 7 years ago, said it was her favourite show and after she got through the last season I said I'd love to watch it with her from the start to share her love for it, more than anything else. Of course I fell in love with it and by season 4 I was trying to catch up with 3Zero figures on the secondary market. I really loved the story arcs of everyone and by the time it got to the final season I was prepared to be disappointed. I asked my partner if she liked or didn't like the ending and, in her words said "It was an ending, and sometimes you don't even get that with a lot of series." but wouldn't really say if she hated it or not, I figured she was being diplomatic and thinking I might pull the plug on if she coloured it too poorly.
We get to the last season and the Long Night or whatever the big battle with the Night King. Loved it all the value of Arya as one of my favourite characters was thoroughly exhilerating. The winding up of that story was something I had no problem with. We got to the end of the season with all the upheavels we all know and I loved it. I asked my partner what people had a problem with and her main argument was the Dany/Jon thing not being a happily ever after. I was flabbergasted ANYone would think that would be any kind of ending given the treatment of any character in the previous seasons. I thought Dany's downward spiral into complete unhinged megalomania was documented as far back as her character went and was an inevitability given all the things that lead up to that point, I mean HOW many times did she have to say 'I'm not the Mad King!' whenever his tale was brought up. And Jon, for the entire series was only ever actually happy when he was with Ygritte, regardless of his other daliances. His return to the free folk was such a perfect way for him to actually have his own life that wasn't being determined by every other character in the show for the first time was wonderful.
The small counsel at the end of the series was a great endcap for so many great characters too. I can't really think of anything I didn't enjoy about the final couple of episodes beyond the Drogon destroying the red keep scenes running a little too long.
Just my opinion based on watching it outside of any other real influences. We went back and watched it all again from the start once we were done too, and I enjoyed it even more the second time through.
Sorry for the long post, had a bit of time on my hands!

You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about it as well. Although I did follow the show from the start by buying the Blu Rays of the seasons when they came out.

I have two main gripes with the final season:

1. It was rushed. There's no way around it. The showrunners just wanted to be done with it, because they got the opportunity to make a Star Wars trilogy. George R.R. Martin wanted to see the story spread out over more seasons, HBO was basically giving them as much seasons as they wanted, but they just said: "nah, we're good" and crammed the epic conclusion to this awesome show in six (slightly longer) episodes.

2. The way they completely undid every characterdevelopment Jaime went through, by having him run back to Cersei.

I kind of feel that anybody expecting a happy ending to this show, has been setting him or herself up for dissapointment. In a show where major players die left and right, where pretty much an entire family is wiped out brutally at the Red Wedding, you don't go around expecting a happy ever after. I think the ending we got now is as happy as could be.
Especially after watching the entire show again over the last couple of weeks, I saw it was often alluded to that Dany wasn't always the best ruler. There were hints of "madness" and her being vindictive and cold from very early on. I really don't mind her falling to the Targaryen curse. I would've liked it though if it happened more gradually over the course of one or two seasons. See her gradually becoming as mad as her father was.

The gripes I listed above did make me lose interest in the world of GoT, to be honest. I didn't hate it all of a sudden, but I was kinda dissapointed in the way the final season was handled. It was House of the Dragon that rekindled my love for it, and I'm really glad it did. I loved seeing GoT in its entirety again over the last couple of weeks.

I agree, I watched the whole show twice already. I'm glad we got an ending at all!

My main problems are:
1. Too Rushed
2. Night King was a joke - basically build him up for years only to die easily. RIP my king
3. Jaime story arc ending made me really sad

But I'm okay with Daeny going mad and not everything has a happy ending

Will watch the whole thing again in the future

You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel about it as well. Although I did follow the show from the start by buying the Blu Rays of the seasons when they came out.

I have two main gripes with the final season:

1. It was rushed. There's no way around it. The showrunners just wanted to be done with it, because they got the opportunity to make a Star Wars trilogy. George R.R. Martin wanted to see the story spread out over more seasons, HBO was basically giving them as much seasons as they wanted, but they just said: "nah, we're good" and crammed the epic conclusion to this awesome show in six (slightly longer) episodes.

2. The way they completely undid every characterdevelopment Jaime went through, by having him run back to Cersei.

I kind of feel that anybody expecting a happy ending to this show, has been setting him or herself up for dissapointment. In a show where major players die left and right, where pretty much an entire family is wiped out brutally at the Red Wedding, you don't go around expecting a happy ever after. I think the ending we got now is as happy as could be.
Especially after watching the entire show again over the last couple of weeks, I saw it was often alluded to that Dany wasn't always the best ruler. There were hints of "madness" and her being vindictive and cold from very early on. I really don't mind her falling to the Targaryen curse. I would've liked it though if it happened more gradually over the course of one or two seasons. See her gradually becoming as mad as her father was.

The gripes I listed above did make me lose interest in the world of GoT, to be honest. I didn't hate it all of a sudden, but I was kinda dissapointed in the way the final season was handled. It was House of the Dragon that rekindled my love for it, and I'm really glad it did. I loved seeing GoT in its entirety again over the last couple of weeks.

Ahh indeed, I hear that. I think I constantly had a problem with Jaime, he was easily the most complicated character to have any kind of objective opinion of and I really liked the way that challenged me as viewer. I was fine with his ending as it proved his love for Cersei was unconquerable, having him end up not being with Cersei in the end.. I don't know, it devalues much of his entire make up and drive in my mind. I did enjoy his fighting against it; and his family, and the perspective he genuinely seemed to get but he always felt one tragedy away from ending his time on the show. He was on my shortlist of 'predicted dead' characters in the Long Night battle and was very surprised he wasn't given that heroic-sacrifice style end. And I know the whole incest thing is meant to be a 'it was a different time...' mentality but I still find that hard to be nonjudgemental of throughtout all the GoT storylines.

I understand the rushing complaint too. We split those longer episodes up into shorter watches, which gave the pacing a little less freneticism.

For me it wasn't just that the storytelling was rushed, but the way they turned every episode into a giant scifi blockbuster with lots of CG battles and dragons in every episode. Maybe the story was always destined to head in that direction, but it just didn't feel true to the style of the show that we had fallen in love with. And I can only hope the same doesn't end up happening with House of the Dragon.

There will be a sequel with the series on Jon Snow that will resume after the end of Got
Will the Jon Snow spin-off be canned now that Discovery bought HBO/Warner?

Seems like Discovery has cancelled and slashed a bunch of tv/movie projects that were in the works or nearly complete done, even those that were critically acclaimed.

I would like to see Daenerys redeemed somehow in the Jon Snow show - Drogon flew off with her body away so maybe there is a way she can be resurrected.

Will the Jon Snow spin-off be canned now that Discovery bought HBO/Warner?

Seems like Discovery has cancelled and slashed a bunch of tv/movie projects that were in the works or nearly complete done, even those that were critically acclaimed.

I would like to see Daenerys redeemed somehow in the Jon Snow show - Drogon flew off with her body away so maybe there is a way she can be resurrected.

Yeah, I wouldn't assume any of the spin-offs are 100% going to happen. The new ownership seems very eager to slash and slash and slash. House of the Dragon was in production and rolling out before they officially took over, but I wouldn't put it past them to start chopping away at the budget of that show, too, to be honest. Nothing is set in stone. Nothing is sacred.

GRRM just said on his blog a few days ago that the planned spin offs have absolutely been effected by all the drama at HBO Max, so while I don’t think they’ve called anything off, there’s definitely going to be a delay in getting things moving as they figure out their budgets.

That said, I don’t see them doing much to tarnish the quality of House of the Dragon, or cancelling the Jon Snow show. It wasn’t all that long ago that HBO Max was absolutely desperate for content and I’d be willing to bet there’s no bigger driver of subscriptions than GRRM’s universe. They’d be in big trouble if they started losing the people who subscribe for these shows.

Normally I would agree, but having seen this situation from the inside, I can tell you, they're all about slashing and burning right now. It absolutely wouldn't make any sense to cut back on HOTD or GOT stuff, I agree, but there's a lot of what the muckity-mucks are doing right now that doesn't make a ton of sense. Remember, these are different owners than the ones who launched HBO Max. (Second merger in four years. Third set of corporate overlords in that time.) They seem bent on going in a different direction now. Big changes are happening in the company. Big changes. I'm not saying they're definitely going to do anything to these shows, but I am saying nothing is off the table.

She looks great. I think this is the same sculpt from the second version with different strands of hair. I just may be done with GoT though. The legacy of the show is very damaged to me and it's hard to get excited for these figures anymore. I might still buy a Robb Stark if they ever make him.

As as side note, let's hope they address the scale issue. Aside from the sculpt - the scale of the figure was a huge issue. Anyone wanna take bets? I'm going with " did nuthin' about it "

Been 3/4 of a year since this was announced, any updates on this? Also, how are we feeling about the alleged InArt Dany ever actually getting revealed? I think it has me optimistic knowing they’re still making a Paul Atreides, but their slowness to officially announce the figure online has me a bit concerned on how likely they’ll pursue the more “controversial” figures which were initially reported

Last edited:
Back