Threezero Game of Thrones - 1/6 Jon Snow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's to bad they could keep production up with the series/hype and done figures for characters when they were most popular ...... still alive/central character for that season. For example, if they had done Rob when before he was killed, the hound etc......

It may have been better for the success of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't have the license when Rob was alive. Not that it matters, most higher-end collectible dollars are spent on merchandise long after the characters/shows/movies are done. GoT is this kind of license. If they were doing Happy Meals at McDonalds, then I'm with you, it has to be current.

They didn't have the license when Rob was alive. Not that it matters, most higher-end collectible dollars are spent on merchandise long after the characters/shows/movies are done. GoT is this kind of license. If they were doing Happy Meals at McDonalds, then I'm with you, it has to be current.

Right...

But I remember Triad Toys and their Dexter license. How many would spend money on this today now that the series over, that the interest has dwindled and that we have better looking customs than what they wanted to offer.

I think they'd better act fast. Officially, we'll get to more seasons, perhaps a little more if we believe HBO, but sadly, a series usually loses a lot of fanbase after it's over, unlike Classic movies.

So, they'd better release a maximum stuff over the next two years, or their license will be worthless. IMHO, their Walking Dead license already is!

I don't believe the overlap of high-end 1/6 collectors and Game of Thrones collectibles is very high. This is a point I tried to make early in this thread when some folks were advocating for the line to go super deep and cover otherwise obscure characters. Spend some time in the highest traffic GoT collectibles FB group and you'll see that people just aren't willing to spend high dollars on action figures. This hobby is a tiny niche and only very few select licenses can really do very high volumes. #1 is of course Star Wars and #2 are superheroes (in general) - and a much more recent phenomenon, specifically, is the Marvel Universe.

There are always a lot of Tyrion figures available on eBay as well - I'm guessing there were a few people that bought multiples thinking that GoT fans were going to go ballistic for this stuff. Not gonna happen. Most GoT fans likely have no collecting inclination at all as the show has an extremely large mass-market appeal and fan base.

So long as Threezero maintains profitability with each figure, we're good. And we can't forget that all the figures we see at BBTS or anywhere else were sales for Threezero. :)
Nail on the head on every point. I frequent many GoT merchandise/collectible forums, including the biggie over at the ASOIAF forum, and not a lot of people care believe it or not. And if they don't care then it's like Piper says - people are not willing to plunk down this amount of dough for a doll. So I knew from day one this was not going to be a deep line. There are some characters I'd say have a definite, some could go either way, others are not a chance.

And speaking on that great Dany figure, I'd love to own one but I just can not bring myself to throw down nearly $400 for it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't see ThreeZero making too many figures from the show. After Jon I think we'll get Jaime, Dany and the White Walker, but I don't know about much else. If those 3 figures are produced, that will be more than a year before they're all released. If the sales aren't high, then I don't know if they would continue on with the license after that.

I'm not much of a completist anyway and would be satisfied with half a dozen figures to represent the show.

I've built a backdrop to hold at least 6 figures and a throne, so they'd better release a few more characters. :)

If they do end up making these 7 characters that we have info on then I sure wish they would have went with two characters other than Drogo and White Walker. Hound and Arya would be popular and an excellent addition.

This is likely why there haven't been new GoT announcements yet:

Threezero said:
From now on, we decided to post monthly shipping updates on our Facebook page.
For the releases, which are passed their estimated shipping date, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and very thankful to everyone for their patience.
If you pre-ordered directly through us at threezerostore and have any questions about your orders, please contact our customer service department at [email protected] with your order number and they will do their best to help and answer on all your questions.

Please keep in mind that the dates below are subject to change and we are planning to post next update in November.

RoboCop 1.0 - Beginning of Nov 2015
RoboCop 3.0 - Late Oct 2015
Breaking Bad Heisenberg - Late Oct 2015
The Matrix APU - Dec 2015
The Chappie - Late Dec 2015
Dragon Age Inquisition - Dec 2015
TMNT: Leonardo and Michelangelo - Dec 2015 - beginning of Jan 2016
RWBY Weiss Schnee - Nov 2015
Titanfall IMC Stryder - Mid Nov 2015
Game of Thrones Jon Snow - Dec 2015 - beginning of Jan 2016
TMNT: Donatello and Raphael - Beginning of Marc 2016
Mass Effect Legion - Nov 2015
Titanfall 1/6th scale IMC Battle Rifle Pilot - Dec 2015 - beginning of Jan 2016

I think there are too many releases listed for December, so one or more will probably slip to 2016 - they're already preparing us for Jon Snow, so don't plan to see him until well after your New Years celebrations. :(

Last edited:
Nail on the head on every point. I frequent many GoT merchandise/collectible forums, including the biggie over at the ASOIAF forum, and not a lot of people care believe it or not. And if they don't care then it's like Piper says - people are not willing to plunk down this amount of dough for a doll. So I knew from day one this was not going to be a deep line. There are some characters I'd say have a definite, some could go either way, others are not a chance.

And speaking on that great Dany figure, I'd love to own one but I just can not bring myself to throw down nearly $400 for it.

The 6" Funko figures didn't even sell that well which surprised me. After wave 2 there was a doubt wave 3 would be made. It is being made but the fact there was a doubt says a lot.

chappie not shipping until DEC now? ughhh yeah im done POng and paying up front via threezero, f-that. is like they have gone the way of threeA. post these huge lists of delayed items with new estimate ship time that they never hit. just so silly. no need to have my loot tied up in that type of process. doubt we will see any of these ship till feb of next year at earliest.

This is likely why there haven't been new GoT announcements yet:

I think there are too many releases listed for December, so one or more will probably slip to 2016 - they're already preparing us for Jon Snow, so don't plan to see him until well after your New Years celebrations. :(

Wouldn't be too crazy about Catelyn although I'd certainly get her anyways because GOT hehehe. I'd buy Sansa in a heartbeat though, that's for sure, I know a lot of people dislike her and all but I can't resist Sophie Turner. :inlove

I saw the sculpt4ever guy (who's producing the Dany) posted on his Facebook page recently about potentially doing a Sansa - or more accurately, gauging interest.

As a Sophie Turner fan, I hope it gets done. In theory the headsculpt could be used again for a potential Jean Gray custom. Hot Toys doesn't seem to crank out anything other than Wolverine with the X-men license so this might be our only option for a 1/6 figure.

Well Sansa sure is a character that I do not think will get much, if any, attention from threezero. Still, I'd much prefer something like the Red Viper. Now that would be cool.

Back