Threezero - First Blood - 1/6 scale John Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the figure too and decided to pick it up. Would be great if Threezero could do the M65 combat jacket version from the beginning of the film but it's highly unlikely given the Stallone shop version.

I love the figure too and decided to pick it up. Would be great if Threezero could do the M65 combat jacket version from the beginning of the film but it's highly unlikely given the Stallone shop version.
Yeah, I used to have the Hot Toys version and dug it, but always wanted something of a higher quality. I would also jump at something like this, though the apparent lack of sales may also be a deterrent for ThreeZero.

I got this figure on Friday, and I'm of mixed minds. In terms of positives, it looks really great on the shelf. No doubting that, and ultimately, that's what matters most.

However, there is a cheapness to the way the figure feels. This is a broad issue with ThreeZero, but even with other figures they have done with muscle bodies (thinking of Leatherface), this seems like a step down. The PVC-material is flimsy, and yet the armature inside isn't strong enough to hold poses well when you bend it too far. Beyond that, due to the limits to the articulation of these arms, doing a pose like this would be very difficult if not impossible:

Rambo-with-the-M60-1200x510.jpg

It took me forever to connect his bullet belts because they are made of fairly flimsy plastic and you have to tab in a little piece that isn't strong enough to easily snap in to the hole. The piece that connects to the back of his M60 to hold the strap in place falls out when it touches anything, including his arm when you try to bend it, which is annoying. I also can't imagine it would break the bank for them to include a basic stand with these figures.

Any one of those issues is something you can deal with, but when you stack them all up I feel pretty disappointed on balance. Say what you will about Hot Toys, but these are generally not the kinds of issues you would get from one of their figures.

Rambo Part II on the way.

It looks like crap, but hopefully it's just something they put together to let people know they're working on it.

View attachment 650739
This is three zero we are talking about here. Not only are we getting that but we are getting a crappier version of that once it passes through production

The first blood and Rambo III figures are both fantastic.
You could argue that the First Blood version is too buff, and therefore not accurate but I can live with it - he looks bloody brilliant however you see it.

They’ve gotten good mileage from that body, which again is awesome. Can’t wait for this Part II version👌🏻

You could argue that the First Blood version is too buff, and therefore not accurate but I can live with it - he looks bloody brilliant however you see it.

They’ve gotten good mileage from that body, which again is awesome. Can’t wait for this Part II version👌🏻
Yeah, he's got the body of Rambo III Stallone, but he still looks awesome with it. I really hope they do a Rambo 4 version

Back