ThreeZero CHAPPiE 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i finally got chappie today! i must say it was a disappointment getting a loose right elbow and rock tight left shoulder but after some disassembly and some elbow grease i got him where he needs to be. his joints are much too tight out of the box, so much so that i mildly filed some of the connecting pegs so hed have tight but not break-ably tight joints. the elbow was a nightmare to take apart, where mine was loose was the swivel just above the elbow. they didnt tighten the screw all the way so it was unacceptably loose and felt like it was going to fall off. the problem getting to it is you have to take the elbow itself apart to get to it. if you have to take it apart like i did know that it is a screw into a peg, they slide the peg through from the outside all the way through the elbow and tighten it from the inside with a washer screw. to press the peg out is insanely hard and i had to remove the arm from the figure completely to do it, which isnt that bad seeing its one screw at the shoulder. i agree, the qc is really bad on this figure, but if you can fix the joints it actually is pretty awesome. im glad i got it.

question, does chappie not have side to side head movement?

cbcfaa05d902d8811bf9a4a135dbdc18.jpg

1b3232ae397e05c152399ae431f27094.jpg

79c869cad392c5f8e4a2e5d824ff2f75.jpg

I am loving the articulation and finish on this guy. He smelled a LOT like paint when I got him out of the box, but now he is fine.

Did some people get the shoulder light and some did not? It isn't hidden anywhere on the figure? Mine didn't come with one, but other than that, I think this is one of the best and most fun to play with figures in my collection

I am loving the articulation and finish on this guy. He smelled a LOT like paint when I got him out of the box, but now he is fine.

Did some people get the shoulder light and some did not? It isn't hidden anywhere on the figure? Mine didn't come with one, but other than that, I think this is one of the best and most fun to play with figures in my collection

The shoulder light must be missing from your figure. Yes, send them an email.

I'd love to see a video review from someone who has the figure. I'm curious about the articulation, and whether it can achieve specific poses.

Yeah, a pull-down hip as in HT's Iron Man figures might have been a good move (though, looking at the hip section, it might not have been feasible). Restricted horizontal motion is alright since Chappie doesn't do much wide-legged stuff in the movie.

I have discovered leg joints that were not highlighted in the sheet that came with the figure. The one right below the hip that turns left & right for example, as well as one below the knee. Would have loved to have the ankle more articulated.

The instruction sheet isn't very clearly outlined.

You can actually move his tiny little black antennas as well. Rock them back and forth.

Found a good deal on this guy :yess:

Hopefully mine doesn't have QC issues. I'll be using a hairdryer on it before moving anything; hopefully that will help. After seeing the movie, I'm pretty dissatisfied with the accessory package here—on the weapons side, they could have provided a handgun, Ninja's yellow-painted assault rifle, or a shuriken; any of those would have suited the figure better than a generic scout robot AR. Some sort of fun accessory would have been awesome, too—a Yolandi doll, an easel, a rubber chicken. Still, at least there's plenty of potential for custom accessories here.

Anyway, share your Chappie poses with me! Definitely going to steal a few once mine arrives :wink1:

Funny, I bought a 1/6 rubber chicken on ebay for like $5.00. Never thought I'd ever type
that sentence.

Lol. I bought the same one too! I bet the vendor was curious to why their rubber chicken stock was quickly moving lol

Chappie came in the mail today. I just love looking at the figure; the detailing is excellent. That said, it feels fragile and I worry when posing it. One of the toes was already broken off out of the box. Hopefully Threezero CS will take care of me.

Back