Three Zero The X Files Agent Fox Mulder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed out on the exclusive. I agree he looks great with trench coat. Anyone know where I can get a trench coat for him?

I can't guarantee the fit, but maybe look into Eleven's trenchcoat, which looks pretty much the same design from what I can tell, and can be seen (and purchased) at onesixthkit.

There's doubtless other options, but it's the first one I thought of that is still easily available. Hope that helps. :)

I can't guarantee the fit, but maybe look into Eleven's trenchcoat, which looks pretty much the same from what I can tell, and can be seen (and purchased) at onesixthkit.

There's doubtless other options, but it's the first one I thought of that is still easily available. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks!!!

I considered that one too, but isn't it tailored for the Ganghood muscle body and suit? I would think Mulder is using a narrow shoulder body so it might be really baggy on him.

Quite possible. As I said I can't speak to the fit, and I've never owned a ganghood so I have no idea on the comparison, I was just mentioning a possible option that I had seen, but the input of anyone more familiar with the bodies in question and how they might compare would be most welcome to anyone considering this, I'm sure. :)

I considered that one too, but isn't it tailored for the Ganghood muscle body and suit? I would think Mulder is using a narrow shoulder body so it might be really baggy on him.

The description says it fits a ttm21 with a suit on. Which is a pretty standard size body. I may give it a try myself.

Nisei was one. He's shown removing it in Paper Hearts too.

They likely didnt bother with the ankle holster itself since it would ruin the lines of the suit on the figure. Then again they may have just cheaped out. lol

41660936_335262143713998_8548362127806991838_n.jpg

Doubt we'll see anything beyond Mulder and Scully, but I'd practically kill for a Frank Black figure with a quality Lance Henriksen likeness. I mean he's in an X-Files episode, so technically the license would cover him, too. After all, that's how Sideshow made and released him back in the day, as an X-Files release, so I can't see why Threezero wouldn't be able to do the same, if they actually wanted to.

Other than that I'd just like CSM, really. Maybe Doggett in the extremely unlikely event he ever actually got made, but that would be enough for me, I think. Much as I loved the show back in the day, this just isn't a license I could personally see myself ponying up the display space and cash to go deep on, character wise, even for other characters I liked. So no Skinner, Lone Gunmen, or Krycek for me.

Great pics Underworld54. He turned out really well, fingers crossed Scully is as good.

Ok so I had a moment to crack him open, briefly fool around with him but I’m pretty swamped this time of year so will go back to give it more love after.

For now, I will post thoughts.

First off I don’t think I’ve been harder on a company than threezero, even more so than Star ace or big Chief because I think between cut corners, lackluster sculpts and paint and hogging up amazing lisences and putting out mediocre to poor product. Threezero is king.

Their very best figure I still think is the first Tyrion, which I’d give a 7/10. Their worst (that I have at least) is jon Snow which I’d give a 4 out of 10.

Most of the time they fall in a 5/10 range and with a lot of work the figure can get to a 7/10 range.

I’d give mulder a 7/10.

First off, the likeness is there but falls a bit flat. I saw somebody on YouTube going on about how this was supposed to be a season 10 mulder and I disagree. It’s obvously it’s around a season 6 mulder and the outfit is very FTF esq. I think why that guy is confused is just because it’s a 6/10 likeness that quite frankly is saved with honestly impressive finishing.

While some features are soft in particular his nose from profile and lack of depth around his eyes, it is a finely detailed sculpt. The hair could have more detail as well but I have to say it’s the most impressive paint I’ve ever seen from this company. Generally they slop on beards and bad eyebrows inaccurately over orange flat base plastic or paint jobs, shiny, crappy and basic. But mulder is good. Not hot toys good but eleven, the better QMX like Kirk, all that... it’s good. It’s almost there. And he’s not Donald trump orange for a change.

The only thing I may do is paint some finer lines where his hair meets his temples. But this paint job works.

Now the accessories. Bad. Very bad. The guns pass besides their cheesy weathering the flashlight and Nokia cell is ok but good god the badge, watch and wallet are the worst I’ve seen. The old sideshownones surpass these in every way. Well maybe not the badges but I trimmed down the sideshow ones and replaced the clasp long ago and they are far superior. Even the Barbie wallets surpass this.

Body is just bad. It makes the fit of the clothes worse, a body swap will gain you a lot, but the hands are decent enough.

Now let’s talk the suit. Well I’m impressed! It’s still not as good as a pop toys suit but you know, there is a lot to work with. Flat lapels and crisp shoulders... it smokes big Chief in their efforts. The biggest issue was baggy sleeves in the jacket. I do think the tie sucks and the shirt is ok despite a thick collar. I had a spare brosnen goldeneye yunsil suit that I removed the turn up cuffs on on my old custom and needless to say I’m happy about that right about now. I’m just too picky and even a hot toys suited guy can’t cut the mustard these days so I’m excited about the yunsil suit but try my best not to compare mass product to yunsil suits. Threezero did ok if you ask me.

What I’m thrilled about I must say is this exclusive trench! It’s nice and light and detailed. Very 90s in fit and style. I had a wild toys Loki cost over my last one that fit a lot of what mulder wore later and did look good but lacks the utilitarian aspect of this kind of trench and registered too formal. This thing looks good and I don’t mind draping it over a yunsil suit and that says an awful lot. Thrilled I made the effort to order that exclusive and hope Scully pays off in the same respect.

All in all I’m impressed. I can tell threezero is turning a corner... they are for the first time in their history improving. They still need to get better sculptors though and sadly I don’t think we will see another mulder for awhile even as a custom head. This isn’t as good as mulder deserves. But it’s not bad either.

Last edited:
Wow, this is the best review I've read on this site. Thank you, it really helps frame things in perspective!

Raymond, you should do more reviews. It's a very fair and balanced review that checks all the boxes. I'm more forgiving due to this being a grail figure of mine but I wouldn't even try arguing any of the points you made, very spot on.

Alexjl, I'm really glad it helped you! With so many figures I tend to be pretty hard to impress in a general way which is why I can get so detailed in my opinion.

Mayne you are right Underworld and I should be more formal about my reviewing! I have to say that reading your thoughts before I opened it put me at ease a bit, even as superfan of the show I know you still have a very discerning eye, so I had a feeling the release was thankfully not a total disaster.

if Scully turns out as nice we are going to be OK I think.

I hope they fix some of the bulky tailoring and odd proportions, but I'm pretty sure I will be swapping her outfit for an Office Lady Pop toys suit (which is fine but I do prefer the more unique "Scully" cut the figure has) and at the very least a new body.

There are a few releases between then. I'm looking forward to Leatherface personally, but I think the next human to come is Glenn, then Aria. it gives them more time to continue to improve. The prototype of Aria looks awful, so if it can be improved in any way in the production I'll have higher hope for scully.

Just got mine directly from threezero and the box looks like it's been kicked all the way to England. Anyone get any joy from threezero about the damaged boxes?
Figure is brilliant no complaints there.

Back