Three Zero The X Files Agent Fox Mulder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine directly from threezero and the box looks like it's been kicked all the way to England. Anyone get any joy from threezero about the damaged boxes?
Figure is brilliant no complaints there.

Still waiting to hear back.

My figure just arrived now. Took 18 days from China sort facility to my location in California.

Havent opened the package yet but the brown shipper does have a hole punched into it. It looks loke the tshirt may of have provided cushion on one side LOL.

Ok so I had a moment to crack him open, briefly fool around with him but I’m pretty swamped this time of year so will go back to give it more love after.

For now, I will post thoughts.

First off I don’t think I’ve been harder on a company than threezero, even more so than Star ace or big Chief because I think between cut corners, lackluster sculpts and paint and hogging up amazing lisences and putting out mediocre to poor product. Threezero is king.

Their very best figure I still think is the first Tyrion, which I’d give a 7/10. Their worst (that I have at least) is jon Snow which I’d give a 4 out of 10.

Most of the time they fall in a 5/10 range and with a lot of work the figure can get to a 7/10 range.

I’d give mulder a 7/10.

First off, the likeness is there but falls a bit flat. I saw somebody on YouTube going on about how this was supposed to be a season 10 mulder and I disagree. It’s obvously it’s around a season 6 mulder and the outfit is very FTF esq. I think why that guy is confused is just because it’s a 6/10 likeness that quite frankly is saved with honestly impressive finishing.

While some features are soft in particular his nose from profile and lack of depth around his eyes, it is a finely detailed sculpt. The hair could have more detail as well but I have to say it’s the most impressive paint I’ve ever seen from this company. Generally they slop on beards and bad eyebrows inaccurately over orange flat base plastic or paint jobs, shiny, crappy and basic. But mulder is good. Not hot toys good but eleven, the better QMX like Kirk, all that... it’s good. It’s almost there. And he’s not Donald trump orange for a change.

The only thing I may do is paint some finer lines where his hair meets his temples. But this paint job works.

Now the accessories. Bad. Very bad. The guns pass besides their cheesy weathering the flashlight and Nokia cell is ok but good god the badge, watch and wallet are the worst I’ve seen. The old sideshownones surpass these in every way. Well maybe not the badges but I trimmed down the sideshow ones and replaced the clasp long ago and they are far superior. Even the Barbie wallets surpass this.

Body is just bad. It makes the fit of the clothes worse, a body swap will gain you a lot, but the hands are decent enough.

Now let’s talk the suit. Well I’m impressed! It’s still not as good as a pop toys suit but you know, there is a lot to work with. Flat lapels and crisp shoulders... it smokes big Chief in their efforts. The biggest issue was baggy sleeves in the jacket. I do think the tie sucks and the shirt is ok despite a thick collar. I had a spare brosnen goldeneye yunsil suit that I removed the turn up cuffs on on my old custom and needless to say I’m happy about that right about now. I’m just too picky and even a hot toys suited guy can’t cut the mustard these days so I’m excited about the yunsil suit but try my best not to compare mass product to yunsil suits. Threezero did ok if you ask me.

What I’m thrilled about I must say is this exclusive trench! It’s nice and light and detailed. Very 90s in fit and style. I had a wild toys Loki cost over my last one that fit a lot of what mulder wore later and did look good but lacks the utilitarian aspect of this kind of trench and registered too formal. This thing looks good and I don’t mind draping it over a yunsil suit and that says an awful lot. Thrilled I made the effort to order that exclusive and hope Scully pays off in the same respect.

All in all I’m impressed. I can tell threezero is turning a corner... they are for the first time in their history improving. They still need to get better sculptors though and sadly I don’t think we will see another mulder for awhile even as a custom head. This isn’t as good as mulder deserves. But it’s not bad either.

Cool review, glad you like him. Compared to the best possible sculpt, paint, tailoring, he holds his own, and he is a heck of a value when comparing the price to that of a top-of-the-line custom.

Last edited:
I think there were a couple times the smaller gun was used on an ankle holster in the show.

Is there a way to unbuckle the holster to fit the gun in?

The holster should go on the ankle? Out of box, I couldn't figure out where to put it. Temporarily I just stuffed it in Mulder's pocket.

The figure is not perfect but it looks better in hand than what I had seen in pictures.

I'm impressed with how well the suit and trench coat was tailored to Mulder, it fits him well and is not too baggy like some figures. The headsculpt is pretty good but it could have used a better paint app.

Thanks. I deleted my post after reading back through the thread and seeing it's been long sold out. I was feeling kinda tempted to get one and do a repaint of the head, but it's not a figure I was really desperately needing so no big loss.

Although BBTS does have the regular for $159, which doesn't seem too bad...

Anyone willing to part with their exclusive version? I was an idiot and accidentally ordered the regular version through the ThreeZero website, thinking I’d be getting one with the trench coat.

Must be MIB and complete. Will entertain any and all offers. Thanks!

They only closed the preorder window a few months ago correct? They usually just make to order with the Ex and they are not put up for sale on the site after release. That's why most Ex releases are pretty expensive on the aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They only closed the preorder window a few months ago correct? They usually just make to order with the Ex and they are not put up for sale on the site after release. That's why most Ex releases are pretty expensive on the aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That and so many use the wait and see method with threezero releases. It keeps their editions really small!

Mulder is waiting for Scully.

waiting1.jpg

waiting2.jpg

Back