This is one of the reasons I love this forum...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Carnall

Formerly hunky_artist
Reaction score
lesmikeyjoshdarren.jpg

...collaborations.

In that pic above we have Les, Mikey, Josh and myself (re-sculpt and paint).

One character..... painted by four different people. In theory they should all look the same, but they don't. each one is totally different, totally unique... and they're painting the same person. I love this.

They all look different.... yet they all still look 'right'. Some of you may prefer the style of one painter over another, but nobody can argue that each of them doesnt look amazing in their own way.

This is what customising is about... and this is why I love this forum :rock

Last edited:
Dammit those all look awesome. How much to get a repaint of my reg. Ani? :monkey3

well... it depends who you were asking. That's 4 different artists up there, lol

Has anyone slapped one of those heads on a HT body? Man I wish I could have had the money to grab the resculpts when they were offered, I was really broke though. If I HAD the money, I'd get the head and get it painted (don't know by who though, they all slay) and tried to pop it on a HT body for ultimate poses.

The talent here is amazing. All those Anakin's look fantastic. I have Hurricane doing a custom Shaak Ti for me and from the pics I have seen it's going to ROCK!

The thing that I thought was cool about all those different paint jobs is how each one brings out some different little personality trait in Anakin. Les's is kinda of brooding, Mikey's is just downright evil, Josh's looks angry, and Darren's looks kinda of Noble - ALL FROM THE SAME SCULPT!!!

Hand clapping to everyone of you guys. :clap

:rock

wow, freaking awesome.

Darren i know you are temporarily maxed on painting but do you still have some blank headsculpts available or is that temporarily on hold too?

I truly enjoy the resculpturing/sculpturing, painting, primping and posing that you guys do to enhance these figures. It's incredible to see the different vision each artist has for the exact same figure. Thanks for sharing.

I love looking at that pic above of the four paint jobs........ so different, and yet all still good representations of the character. Looking at them all together like that is fascinating for me (as an artist) in comparing how each of us does different parts of the face/head. A technique thing. Boring to everyone else but interesting to me :lol

oh..... and :eek: to all the compliments. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Darren Carnall said:
Looking at them all together like that is fascinating for me (as an artist) in comparing how each of us does different parts of the face/head. A technique thing. Boring to everyone else but interesting to me :lol
Not boring at all Darren, that is pure talent from the four of you, pure and simple.

Back