Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you repeat the question? :confused:

:lol I'm getting more at, it's not that I hate or dislike racists or homophobes, I just hate what they believe in. Most of them are opportunistic racist or homophobes. If they're stuck in a burning car and the only person to save them is a gay of another race, they're not going to shoe them away saying "beat it queer! I'd rather die than have you touch me!" But there are the extremists who would.

I guess. I have been known to be from time to time.

You wouldn't be a good mod if you made it personal, and judging in the way you mean would have to be completely personal. Not only would you have to decide that the post is bad, but that the poster is bad as well.

And you don't do that.

Well thank you. :) I think there was a compliment there. :lol

I put a compliment in there??? :slap

:lol I'm getting more at, it's not that I hate or dislike racists or homophobes, I just hate what they believe in.

But aren't people responsible for the ideas they hold? I believe that there are true ideas, and false ideas, and that if a person adheres to ideas that are not true, then I will judge them for that. All day, every day.

I leave the possibility open for mistakes, but more often than not, a person with that irrational of a hatred is not interested in whether their ideas are true or false. Which is much worse, and to not condemn them for it, I believe, is to commit an act of moral default.

Now you are being silly - deciding whether or not a post violates a board rule is not the same as judging a person.

Uh... doesn't that involve a "judgement" call on your part? And aren't you judging the contents and intent of the post, which is the opinion of the poster, thereby judging the poster themselves based on the content of said post? :huh :lol

But aren't people responsible for the ideas they hold? I believe that there are true ideas, and false ideas, and that if a person adheres to ideas that are not true, then I will judge them for that. All day, every day.

I leave the possibility open for mistakes, but more often than not, a person with that irrational of a hatred is not interested in whether their ideas are true or false. Which is much worse, and to not condemn them for it, I believe, is to commit an act of moral default.
I just try not to judge others, in general. I'll tell them I don't believe in their ideals, and they can take that as they want it. But do I judge, yeah. I'm human. When I finally sit back and realize I'm being judgmental, all I can do is do what I feel is necessary at that time to right the wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a compliment in there??? :slap

So people should be condemned for expressing free speech?

My point was mostly that just because people may have view points that are judgmental - does not necessarily make them bad people. Many times these people are just misinformed or are fearful of what is different. Exposure to that can sometimes open them up to seeing things in a different light.

Last edited:
I think everyone is judgmental at one time or another. Its being human to do so. I try to not do it very often but I know I do but in the end I just try to treat people the way I want to be treated(For me its part of what my faith teaches me). Hopefully in the end that works out great and if not well at least I can know I tried.

My point was mostly that just because people may have view points that are judgmental - does not necessarily make them bad people. Many times these people are just misinformed or are fearful of what is different. Exposure to that can sometimes open them up to seeing things in a different light.

I'm gonna save this and forward it to the next mod who infracts me. :exactly:

So people should be condemned for expressing free speech?

No, people should be condemned for being liars, frauds, evaders, and any other form of willful irrationality. They can express it all they like. My judgment of them as evil will not hamper their liberty in any way shape or form. No one has an automatic right to moral admiration, just as they have no right to be exempt from moral condemnation.

It would, however, be an abrogation of my freedom if I were not permitted to judge them. If being judgmental were illegal, this world would go to the wolves faster than you can say bunny massacre.

Uh... doesn't that involve a "judgement" call on your part? And aren't you judging the contents and intent of the post, which is the opinion of the poster, thereby judging the poster themselves based on the content of said post? :huh :lol

No. If I judged people on all the b.s. that gets posted - I would really not like a LOT of people. :lol but I still like you Nam..and devil. :1-1: :lol

I think everyone is judgmental at one time or another. Its being human to do so. I try to not do it very often but I know I do but in the end I just try to treat people the way I want to be treated(For me its part of what my faith teaches me). Hopefully in the end that works out great and if not well at least I can know I tried.

I hate you Josh!!!! :mad:

Love :love,

Ski

No, people should be condemned for being liars, frauds, evaders, and any other form of willful irrationality. They can express it all they like. My judgment of them as evil will not hamper their liberty in any way shape or form. No one has an automatic right to moral admiration, just as they have no right to be exempt from moral condemnation.

It would, however, be an abrogation of my freedom if I were not permitted to judge them. If being judgmental were illegal, this world would go to the wolves faster than you can say bunny massacre.

And I suppose for all those that you are judgmental towards - there are just as many who are judgmental of your ideas and beliefs as well.

I love it whenever you PM someone for a favor or if you want something from them but whenever you do they nonchalantly say that it might not happen and then suggest other options or alternatives that basically omit them from the equation (which makes asking them originally completely moot at that point) and then they even have the nerve to respond back to see if any of their half assed suggestions work for you when you basically just want to leave it at that and disregard the PM as if they never sent it and you never answer back.

Almost like being dumped by your significant other that still wants to be "friends". Yes, I would love to remain "friends" with the sadistic, seething sociopath that just ripped my heart out and then showed it to me still beating while I laid dying on the ground gasping and wheezing for just enough air to vocalize the words "F___ You".

:lecture :lecture :lecture

:rolleyes:

And I suppose for all those that you are judgmental towards - there are just as many who are judgmental of your ideas and beliefs as well.

And they are free to be. I don't want to be exempt from judgment. All I ask is that people be objective in their evaluations, and not mistake their emotive faculty for their cognitive one.

I love it whenever you PM someone for a favor or if you want something from them but whenever you do they nonchalantly say that it might not happen and then suggest other options or alternatives that basically omit them from the equation (which makes asking them originally completely moot at that point) and then they even have the nerve to respond back to see if any of their half assed suggestions work for you when you basically just want to leave it at that and disregard the PM as if they never sent it and you never answer back.

Almost like being dumped by your significant other that still wants to be "friends". Yes, I would love to remain "friends" with the sadistic, seething sociopath that just ripped my heart out and then showed it to me still beating while I laid dying on the ground gasping and wheezing for just enough air to vocalize the words "F___ You".

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I find just saying "NO!" works well. Better even, if followed by "dumbass" or "tittybaby." :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Back