The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meh, it wasn't to diss the figure though, just to be clear. i think posability over rubber legs is better with a dynamic character like silk, but you did make a good point earlier in another thread about how barbies have rubber legs...if barbie can get them why cant HT try and pull something like that off with a bit higher quality? it surely would have been nice, but overall i think it looks pretty cool, i'm just not throwin down for one.

what's scarier: liking T&A in figures, or liking steroid fueled rainbow colored spandex clad figures?

PUBLIC NOTICE

Hot Toys sent me an email this morning informing me that the the latest batch of Silk Spectre photos are not meant for public domain viewing. I'm in the process of getting them taken down, but could everyone who has them PLEASE not post or disrtibute them further as HT will be getting legal teams involved to stop the "illegal distribution without consent'.
Your help with this will be much appreciated!

message over... she does look good though don't she!

So what's up with the pics being taken down? Is the figure not approved?

OMG! What IS that?!

Those truly are 'thunder thighs'....

EDIT: No fair, you took the picture off!

Last edited:
Sorry to derail for a second, but Mikey2Bullets what is that in your sig at the bottom... it looks so... disturbing!

I think thats Jim Norton.

correct sir it's the cover of his first book "happy endings", but back on track before riko chastises me again.......:nono
1998_rolling_eyes_back.gif

Well, looks like the HT announcement has taken over this thread (that was mostly HT speculation anyway) but I was wondering about the DCD 13" Comedian. I have the chance to get one, essentially, for free (using hotel points) and wanted to hear from those who own one and thier thoughts about the figure. I've seen very few posts about this particular figure and was thinking maybe it was jacked up in person, so to speak.

Well, looks like the HT announcement has taken over this thread (that was mostly HT speculation anyway) but I was wondering about the DCD 13" Comedian. I have the chance to get one, essentially, for free (using hotel points) and wanted to hear from those who own one and thier thoughts about the figure. I've seen very few posts about this particular figure and was thinking maybe it was jacked up in person, so to speak.

It will be completely out-done by HT's eventual figure, but it's worth picking up (especially for free). One of the best 13" efforts from DCD.

It will be completely out-done by HT's eventual figure, but it's worth picking up (especially for free). One of the best 13" efforts from DCD.

Well that's encouraging. My favorite DCD figure is Green Arrow, having spent only $60 for it and fixing his arm guards so it can hold a bow. I know the HT will be better but I don't see me spending that level of cash for a Watchmen figure. I'm only interested in the Comedian because I like the concept of the character; that it's some British guy's idea of an evil, arrogant American (enough reason for me to like him!:rock2).

I'll only be "spending" the equivalent of $50 for the figure so I imagaine that's a good enough value.

The comedian is a pretty decent figure for dcd! The outfit is awesome!
I trasnfert my dcd comedian onto a 12inch body and it worked great! Better proportion!

The comedian is a pretty decent figure for dcd! The outfit is awesome!
I trasnfert my dcd comedian onto a 12inch body and it worked great! Better proportion!

So you moved the head and the clothing to a True Type "type" body?

Did that fit?

Actually on a BBi g3.5 body, i add some rubber sleevs arms also! But all the clothing needed a lot of work to fit a refular 12inch body!
Here he is

IMG_2062-1.jpg

Wow, that's going to be too much time and money for me. I'll just stick with how it arrives. Again, it's not costing me anything, I was just surprised at how seemingly so few people bought this figure; even Crawford didn't review one.:confused:

Back