The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al Simmons head is a big who cares.

Who in their right mind would ever display their Spawn collectible with a clean Al Simmons head on a Spawn costumed body.

Hamburger head yes human head no.

The articulation for this reimagined figure doesn?t make a lick of sense either lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what im looking at. Despite all the supposed articulation, it doesn't look all that useful in practice. Midas well be a statue. I think im going to take the cheaper/smarter route and go the MK 11 route. Hope I'm wrong, especially given how overpriced he is.

That's what im looking at. Despite all the supposed articulation, it doesn't look all that useful in practice. Midas well be a statue. I think im going to take the cheaper/smarter route and go the MK 11 route. Hope I'm wrong, especially given how overpriced he is.

At the end of the day he is a must own for me because this just feels personal between me and Todd lol

Gonna have to pass. The proposed torso sculpt along with what seems like useless articulation kills it. I wish it was made the same way the MK figure is or just go the other way with no articulation. Todd doesn’t like possibility anyway and this is his line so at least I could understand that. But, the alternate head cash grab? Shame on you Todd, that is just crappy. It’s over priced already but that is just pure greedy assedness right there. Oh, well, as long as the White Knight Batman figures turn out good I’m happy.

Al Simmons head is a big who cares.

Who in their right mind would ever display their Spawn collectible with a clean Al Simmons head on a Spawn costumed body.

Hamburger head yes human head no.

The articulation for this reimagined figure doesn?t make a lick of sense either lol

I dropped off before issue 200 somewhere But I disagree. He had the Al Simmons face back again for a good 50 issue run at least. At least when I was reading regularly it was a thing so it's very much comic accurate, very much appreciated and very much essential.

I do wish the screaming maskless head was actually not just black and white but that's my only gripe.

The thing that has me stumped is the "modern version. to me it seemed lazy, he needed the tattered cape, the big boot and gauntlet and the pouches on the opposite leg. But then I saw this and I guess its from a recent issue. so bit Modern does it mean MODERN modern? Can anyone shed light on this, the thins thats confuses me is the shoelace face. I thought he dithed that in the late 90s. I think this is an excerpt from issue 300 but I don't know if it was some flashback type thing and they forgot to color the red om his chest?

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09-at-8.11.36-AM.png

Can anyone shed light on this?

For me it was almost a responsibility to back the trilogy set. I need more figures. I would and will buy Spawn figures until the day I die.

regarding the articulation I think you guys are letting the static sculpted promo stump you. If you look at the video rendering you will see it follows the exact format of their MK and DC figures which basically ripped off storm. That type of articulation is about as modern and elite and useful while keeping great aesthetic as you can possibly get in a 7 inch figure.

The torso twist still throws of the articulation. Why sculpt it like that?

I dropped off before issue 200 somewhere But I disagree. He had the Al Simmons face back again for a good 50 issue run at least. At least when I was reading regularly it was a thing so it's very much comic accurate, very much appreciated and very much essential.

I do wish the screaming maskless head was actually not just black and white but that's my only gripe.

The thing that has me stumped is the "modern version. to me it seemed lazy, he needed the tattered cape, the big boot and gauntlet and the pouches on the opposite leg. But then I saw this and I guess its from a recent issue. so bit Modern does it mean MODERN modern? Can anyone shed light on this, the thins thats confuses me is the shoelace face. I thought he dithed that in the late 90s. I think this is an excerpt from issue 300 but I don't know if it was some flashback type thing and they forgot to color the red om his chest?

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09-at-8.11.36-AM.png

Can anyone shed light on this?

For me it was almost a responsibility to back the trilogy set. I need more figures. I would and will buy Spawn figures until the day I die.

Oh no doubt I totally get the accuracy to the story BUT what i?m saying is that given the choice between mask, hamburger and human head on just one figure human would never be used.

But yeah Spawn till death yo!

regarding the articulation I think you guys are letting the static sculpted promo stump you. If you look at the video rendering you will see it follows the exact format of their MK and DC figures which basically ripped off storm. That type of articulation is about as modern and elite and useful while keeping great aesthetic as you can possibly get in a 7 inch figure.

Regarding articulation i?m sure that heavy cape has a lot to do with it.

Last edited:
The torso twist still throws of the articulation. Why sculpt it like that?

Rewatch the articulation break down. The arch in the torso is part of the statuesque prototype. The video shows the same break down as the MK Spawn.
These 3 figures are so sick, I just want additional parts like cloth cape and metal chains.

Rewatch the articulation break down. The arch in the torso is part of the statuesque prototype. The video shows the same break down as the MK Spawn.
These 3 figures are so sick, I just want additional parts like cloth cape and metal chains.

There's still a torso twist in the articulation breakdown, but it's so subtle I doubt people will notice it in a dynamic pose. Looks like it's there just to make museum poses look more interesting.

Todd's responded to several comments today, saying they're working on ways to buy multiples of specific figures and planning some stretch goals to add value. More info coming "shortly."

I?d say re do them all I would be in.
44a983e417f55df5f219b7ca057e479f.jpg

This is what he plans to do, according to the ToyFair interview.

Nevermind found it. I'm now undecided on both the classic and modern looks. I guess I'll go with classic like before but modern looks great.

-The torso and neck being sculpted looking left, will that be fixed before adding the articulation in? (yes, I seen the articulation breakdown video and it's still there)

-Will he have extra hands so he can hold his weapons?

-Will he even be able to stand with that big cape?

-If you order the 3-Pack, do you get all 5 heads or only 3?

-Do you even care at this point? with how much damn money you already made from this.

Hopefully, he answers some of these in a FAQ before the Kickstarter ends.

The pic of the articulation breakdown still shows the twisted torso and that even makes one shoulder higher than the other. The sculpt should be a neutral pose like MK Spawn otherwise it will still look weird.

Back